Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

KB I asked Doc this in the past, he said a solo cup of EWC and 1/8th cup recharge. He also said amounts need not be precise. Keep in mind this was for 7 gallon pots, so I would do around 1.5 times what Doc suggested for your 10 Gallon.

Like JM said 1/4 cup recharge, and maybe 1.5 solo cups of EWC. Remember Doc says amounts don't need to be precise.
That's what I thought, seems like he designed the whole system to work perfectly with the eyeball method haha.

I didn't know if there were any negative affects of using too much ewc, not having used them before.

That's what I thought, seems like he designed the whole system to work perfectly with the eyeball method haha.

I didn't know if there were any negative affects of using too much ewc, not having used them before.

All of you have it right. I keep 4 solo cups in the bag of EWC. When it's time to Recharge (usually 3 or 4 of each strain in my garden) I fill up a solo cup with EWC, put a scoop of Recharge on top and then gently spread that out and work it in to the top inch or so of soil.....and water that in.

Easy, no need for precision.

Too much EWC=too much organic material=lower microbial action. Having said that, if you added even 50% more than you should have, you're probably OK on first run soil.

I feel that the more EWC is going to make the soil heavier and not as airy, we need O2 to those roots. There would be a huge amount of micro herd in a cup of EWC more would be unnecessary.

I feel that the more EWC is going to make the soil heavier and not as airy, we need O2 to those roots. There would be a huge amount of micro herd in a cup of EWC more would be unnecessary.

It's definitely going to gum up the soil....which is another way of saying "too much organic matter."

Also, we're not adding EWC for microbiology. We add them because the minerals in the castings are what the already robust microherd likes to eat and they're easier to come by than the rocks in the soil......it's kind of a treat for them after a long, hard veg and a long flowering cycle following.

Hi all! I'm babysitting my nephews tangielope that he wanted to re-veg. It was from my last grow. It has some pretty good new growth. It needs some food. It's still in the 10 gal. What should I give it? Recharge and worm castings?

Hi LadyG,..yes, i wpould give it some Recharge and EWC's., along with a good Transplant Drench. That will help her out a bit. Is there any way you could put her in a 15 ...with fresh DBHBB soil...

Actually, that raises an interesting question. :hmmmm:

How does @Doc Bud feel about root pruning? I suspect, he's not in favor, but technically, you could prune the roots and put her back in the 10# with fresh soil.

Hi LadyG,..yes, i wpould give it some Recharge and EWC's., along with a good Transplant Drench. That will help her out a bit. Is there any way you could put her in a 15 ...with fresh DBHBB soil...
Yeah...I could do that. The plant is sweet. The kid will likely kill it when I give it back :rofl:...but it may stand a better chance at his hand in a 15. This kid does not have a green thumb. He needs to settle his mind if he wants to grow successfully. It's really a mindset craft.

yes Lady...you can also send her back to the 'kid' with a few weeks/month supply of Docs stuff. Like some Transplant , Tea and GE...just enough for that one plant. idea..?
I can do that. What he wants is for me to grow his weed for him...that's not happening! I have room for 2 full grown ladies and a male. lol ... Kids these days are LA-A-A-AZY!

Yes Krip , but she is already stressed and imo too fragile for that. But if one had the time etc...and luck...lol.

Actually, mine was more of a general question regarding root pruning in high brix, but when you prune the roots, you also want to cut back the vegetative growth since you won't have the root system to support the same amount of vegetation.

Since it's a re-veg, I'm guessing most of the vegetative growth was taken at harvest and LadyG said that the new growth looked good. Plus, it's not going to hermie in veg.

Why is it stressed & fragile? Just because it's a re-veg? :hmmmm:

Actually, mine was more of a general question regarding root pruning in high brix, but when you prune the roots, you also want to cut back the vegetative growth since you won't have the root system to support the same amount of vegetation.

Since it's a re-veg, I'm guessing most of the vegetative growth was taken at harvest and LadyG said that the new growth looked good. Plus, it's not going to hermie in veg.

Why is it stressed & fragile? Just because it's a re-veg? :hmmmm:
Actually in her case, she was pretty stressed when he gave her to me. In a couple of days with the right humidity, air flow, and temperature she has sprung back to life. I didn't think she was going to rebound when he brought her back to me. Must be because she is back home with her Mum! :battingeyelashes:

I revegged an SLH a few years ago and I didn't want to rerun it in the same soil, so I waited until it had started to vigorously regrow and then cut the rootball down to roughly a 1 gallon pot size. I took a 6 gallon pot with new soil, cut about a gallon out of the old rootball and popped it into the new soil.

Here - I found the pics:

SLH Reveg Transplant

I'll do the same with the upcoming ones, after I get some cuts rooted. The SLH reveg yielded higher than the original harvest. :slide:

[Edit] But be sure to keep the new transplant out of strong light. It behaves like a new cutting rooting in soil - needs some gentle time. :Namaste:

I revegged an SLH a few years ago and I didn't want to rerun it in the same soil, so I waited until it had started to vigorously regrow and then cut the rootball down to roughly a 1 gallon pot size. I took a 6 gallon pot with new soil, cut about a gallon out of the old rootball and popped it into the new soil.

Here - I found the pics:

SLH Reveg Transplant

I'll do the same with the upcoming ones, after I get some cuts rooted. The SLH reveg yielded higher than the original harvest. :slide:

[Edit] But be sure to keep the new transplant out of strong light. It behaves like a new cutting rooting in soil - needs some gentle time. :Namaste:
Wow! Thanks! Really good info! Glad I asked. OK. Now the kid has started something to intrigue me! :thanks:

Here - I found the pics:

SLH Reveg Transplant

Wow! Thanks! Really good info! Glad I asked. OK. Now the kid has started something to intrigue me! :thanks:

There ya' go! Root pruning works like a charm! :high-five: (although, I wouldn't recommend for a stressed plant, either!)

Gray, was that done per Doc's instructions? I was trying to gauge how root pruning is perceived related to High Brix. Obviously I wouldn't suggest pruning roots as part of a normal routine, but in a re-veg situation, it seems quite appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom