Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Ty :) You guessed right hehe
You are welcome! that s a nice example of what GDP can be. I have wanted to run it again for a long time, but the seeds aren't cheap and I rarely ever see any color on them any more. I found a true purple with my Star Pupil. whether it is worth keeping around I will know after it is finished.

You are welcome! that s a nice example of what GDP can be. I have wanted to run it again for a long time, but the seeds aren't cheap and I rarely ever see any color on them any more. I found a true purple with my Star Pupil. whether it is worth keeping around I will know after it is finished.
I can't wait to see!

This is seed 10/10 and the only one that actually turned purple heheh.

I've run GDP for a couple years and my cut would get purple calyxes when it was close to done. I gave a cutting to my grow store manager and his buds stayed green but the leaves went a beautiful purple. He runs mineralize soil but not high brix. I really didn't care because the smoke is so good. Nice and grapey. I finally let her go because she had a tendency to throw naners at the end. I have a few GDP fem seeds from the last run and I believe GDP x GG4. I may run them at some point but I imagine those will have naner issues too.

I've run GDP for a couple years and my cut would get purple calyxes when it was close to done. I gave a cutting to my grow store manager and his buds stayed green but the leaves went a beautiful purple. He runs mineralize soil but not high brix. I really didn't care because the smoke is so good. Nice and grapey. I finally let her go because she had a tendency to throw naners at the end. I have a few GDP fem seeds from the last run and I believe GDP x GG4. I may run them at some point but I imagine those will have naner issues too.
GDP X GG4 sounds like dream come true! I would love to see that. I’m picking up a GG4 clone on Thursday and I was seriously considering a breeding project.

I am staring to see what looks like the start to some nanners, luckily I’m taking her down in the next day or so lol

GDP X GG4 sounds like dream come true! I would love to see that. I’m picking up a GG4 clone on Thursday and I was seriously considering a breeding project.

I am staring to see what looks like the start to some nanners, luckily I’m taking her down in the next day or so lol
Yep at first most of them were sterile then as time went on I started finding seeds in things that didn't throw naners.

We're trying to hit the bud-setting surge, while giving it some time to get down into the soil. So watch your own plants. If they're fast, recharge earlier. If they're gonna go long, wait for another couple weeks.

:Namaste:

KB things are not in stone with the kit.

Apply 1 to 3 weeks in, I kind of base that on the strain and how long she flowers.
Some with long flowering sativas have done a 2nd recharge, & if I recall correctly I think Doc once recommended using 3rd run amendment on long flowering Sativas later in flower after the 1st recharge.
this strain has taken it's sweet time to show hairs on all the nodes so may wait.
We're trying to hit the bud-setting surge, while giving it some time to get down into the soil. So watch your own plants. If they're fast, recharge earlier. If they're gonna go long, wait for another couple weeks.

:Namaste:
ok that makes sense. Just kinda voicing how things can be confusing to a newb like myself.

Confucius say's "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand".

I can't wait to see!

This is seed 10/10 and the only one that actually turned purple heheh.
Nice I am glad you got some color out of at least one of them!

The one round of GDP I did I got a good amount of color on her. The person that gave me cuts had two phenos, one that was real colorful and one that had barely any color to it. I got clones of the more colorful one. I dont recall the color of the leaves but the buds were streaked with green and purple. It was a thing of beauty. I wish I had taken clones. I would have held onto it for a long time. It smelt and tasted like grape candy.

This started out as an experiment :) My wife isn’t too happy, but I think I’m in love with two other Women anyways

Have a wonderful day folks.

Attachments

• 97C23A15-5813-4089-8800-AB11876E16CE.jpeg
    97C23A15-5813-4089-8800-AB11876E16CE.jpeg
    720.4 KB · Views: 186
  • DAE3A96A-131A-4A0A-84C8-299D26BDD6D2.jpeg
    DAE3A96A-131A-4A0A-84C8-299D26BDD6D2.jpeg
    923.5 KB · Views: 181
  • D018F34A-1591-4FB7-86F0-DE999DE9CABF.jpeg
    D018F34A-1591-4FB7-86F0-DE999DE9CABF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 173
Back