Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Gotcha. I'm not having a problem right now. I don't know the right ratio of K to Ca, but my K is substantially lower than my Ca. More research abounds. My soil test told me nothing about Na.

Both of these plants hit 14 brix, but plant on left was a boy so, culled it was. I've seen first hand insects eat a leaf and leave it. Swamp weed was right next to this grow and aphids covered it. I saw one aphid on my plants, no others. It's very impervious to pests right now. Interested to see what the fall weather does to these plants. All of this was from Docs teachings.

Oh....you're outdoors. 14 is still a good number, but you should really hit 17 or higher in an outdoor grow, barring bad weather.

Why in the world are you not letting me test your soil and get it perfect? The more you add to it now, the harder it will be to remediate in the future.

all the same, good job on the aphids. It's amazing how plants behave towards insects when they're grown in a healthy manner.

Oh....you're outdoors. 14 is still a good number, but you should really hit 17 or higher in an outdoor grow, barring bad weather.

Why in the world are you not letting me test your soil and get it perfect? The more you add to it now, the harder it will be to remediate in the future.

all the same, good job on the aphids. It's amazing how plants behave towards insects when they're grown in a healthy manner.

Trust Doc, I will in the future. This was all experimental. Unfortunately outdoor space is small. Just bigger than my indoor space! These plants aren't even getting full sun, only a few hours worth. Gotta roll with what ya got.

I didn't know you personally test soil. Fer sher man.

Doc Bud's High Brix Blend products are NOT synthetic. They are all derived from natural sources. High Brix is not only living soil....it is hyperactive living soil. Far from hurting the soil, our products bring it to life. I can say with 100% confidence that

No Soil is more "living" than High Brix Soil.

As far as using my products in your LOS project, other than Tea, Roots! and Snake Oil, they are not compatible. Your soil has massive amounts of potassium and it is simply impossible to get high brix in it. Adding my products won't help, since they require microbial action to break down, and your soil is far too loaded up with organic matter to produce the microbial action required to break down the rocks.....

I suggest you do some research. BTW, square pegs never fit easily into round holes.....
I
Doc Bud's High Brix Blend products are NOT synthetic. They are all derived from natural sources. High Brix is not only living soil....it is hyperactive living soil. Far from hurting the soil, our products bring it to life. I can say with 100% confidence that

No Soil is more "living" than High Brix Soil.

As far as using my products in your LOS project, other than Tea, Roots! and Snake Oil, they are not compatible. Your soil has massive amounts of potassium and it is simply impossible to get high brix in it. Adding my products won't help, since they require microbial action to break down, and your soil is far too loaded up with organic matter to produce the microbial action required to break down the rocks.....

I suggest you do some research. BTW, square pegs never fit easily into round holes.....
I have searched this post and listened to your podcast watched other videos on High Brix and checked out the web site. I would like to try it. So your soil mix is this ...…
Soil Mix:

ProMix HP
Worm Castings
HIgh Brix amendment Do I use First Run - High Brix Soil Amendment 20 oz, what else would I need to finish a full run from seed to harvest ? I have looked at the High Brix products on the Zon. and read some reviews. Is that the best place to get it ? This may sound like a dumb question but is the BX Pro Mix ok to use in place of the HP Pro Mix ?

I

I have searched this post and listened to your podcast watched other videos on High Brix and checked out the web site. I would like to try it. So your soil mix is this ...…
Soil Mix:

ProMix HP
Worm Castings
HIgh Brix amendment Do I use First Run - High Brix Soil Amendment 20 oz, what else would I need to finish a full run from seed to harvest ? I have looked at the High Brix products on the Zon. and read some reviews. Is that the best place to get it ? This may sound like a dumb question but is the BX Pro Mix ok to use in place of the HP Pro Mix ?

PC....

If you're indoors, you'll want to follow Duggan's advice and add perlite to the BX. Outdoors, BX will work just fine.

As of right now, the only place to get it is on the 'Zon.....and you'll want to get the foliars, Roots! and drenches too......they're designed to go with our favorite plants in High Brix soil. If you're in Canada, please PM me. I have a sneaky way of getting you guys the products.

Do you do soil test ?
Hey PC, yes , u can use the PM, BX but you will need to add some Perlite to it as, it's not as porus as the HP (High Porosity) Pro Mix. If you can just get the HP version, cheers.
I already have the BX mix I have some perlite so I will just add it and the EWC then buy the first run amendments Is that all I need to get started ? Will I only use the Docbuds High Brix stuff from the Zon or do you use any compost teas etc.

PC....

If you're indoors, you'll want to follow Duggan's advice and add perlite to the BX. Outdoors, BX will work just fine.

As of right now, the only place to get it is on the 'Zon.....and you'll want to get the foliars, Roots! and drenches too......they're designed to go with our favorite plants in High Brix soil. If you're in Canada, please PM me. I have a sneaky way of getting you guys the products.
Great Thank You, You answered the question I just ask on here Lol I will get the stuff ordered this winter so I will be ready for spring, I will continue to research and ask a lot of dumb questions.

Do you do soil test ?

I already have the BX mix but I have some perlite so I will just add it and the EWC then buy the first run amendments Is that all I need to get started ? Will I only use the Docbuds High Brix stuff from the Zon or do you use any compost teas etc.
I just found The Kit - Doc Bud's High Brix Blend on the Zon. I will get that before spring. I will have several soil mixes so it will be interesting to see how they do side by side, When I buy seeds I will get 3 or 5 of each so I can do a better comparison with the same strain in different soils

I just found The Kit - Doc Bud's High Brix Blend on the Zon. I will get that before spring. I will have several soil mixes so it will be interesting to see how they do side by side, When I buy seeds I will get 3 or 5 of each so I can do a better comparison with the same strain in different soils
Yep.....I can manage your soil tests. You won't need one with the BX....already got that info. If you amend your native soil you'll need a test.

don't waste time on commercial potting soils.....they're a no go.

Hi PC and Welcome to the best grow system out there! Do yourself a favor and finish up with those other soils and ditch em! Yes I know awesome plants can be grown in them but damn it seems like a lot of work. Docs kit is super easy, affordable and most growers using it are getting great results! I also recommend getting the bulk kit if you can swing it as it will last longer before you have to reorder. When you do get the kit, start a journal and let us know so we can follow along and help out.

:passitleft:

Yep.....I can manage your soil tests. You won't need one with the BX....already got that info. If you amend your native soil you'll need a test.

Thanks Doc you have been a Big help :thumb: I will only use the BX , Earth Worm Castings and the Docs High Brix kit When should I have the soil tested ? also should I use a cover crop ? I am assuming you don't use compost teas only use the stuff from the High Brix Kit is that right ?

Hi PC and Welcome to the best grow system out there! Do yourself a favor and finish up with those other soils and ditch em! Yes I know awesome plants can be grown in them but damn it seems like a lot of work. Docs kit is super easy, affordable and most growers using it are getting great results! I also recommend getting the bulk kit if you can swing it as it will last longer before you have to reorder. When you do get the kit, start a journal and let us know so we can follow along and help out.

:passitleft:
I plan to use the different soils and compare them I am sure the Doc Buds Kit will do better I already have the other soils so I will use them along with some of Docs stuff. Next spring is going to be fun. I am on my first grow right now, Only using some of my buddies compost he makes up some potting soil with coco and perlite added so the soil I am growing in now is Shit other then the good compost. I think the plants are living on the compost. I have only used Fox Farm nutes twice along with a little CalMag and some molasses and they look healthy, Not very big but healthy and they have been flowering for a couple weeks now. I am really looking forward to next spring :goof:

Sounds like a plan PC, but a note of caution with your friends compost soil,...it may have bugs and nasties , be careful not to transfer them to Doc's gear.. Cheers.
I will only use the ProMix EWC and the Doc Buds High Brix stuff with that soil.The compost I have from my buddy is two years old, I have had it sitting in 30gal. pots for two years not sure all the bugs are dead but most should be. I haven't seen any bugs but there could be some in it. I also have some Malibu BU mix and Coast of Main Lobster compost to use in the other soils also some Black Kowl and another compost mix for the other soils, Not the Doc Buds recipe

Hay Doc do you have any more videos or podcast out there on the inner webs I would love to watch or listen I want all the info I can take in Lol

Thanks Doc you have been a Big help :thumb: I will only use the BX , Earth Worm Castings and the Docs High Brix kit When should I have the soil tested ? also should I use a cover crop ? I am assuming you don't use compost teas only use the stuff from the High Brix Kit is that right ?

The best time to get soil tested is the fall, after harvest and before the ground freezes (if you live in cold country.) That way, we can amend the soil and let it do its thing over the winter.

There is no need to test Promix BX. I've got products that will bring it into perfect balance as is.....

And please, please, please promise you won't do anything with compost, especially a tea. The kit has a better product than any tea you might brew....and they're all designed to not fuck up the soil, but rather to work with the soil.

Please, no square pegs in round holes......

The best time to get soil tested is the fall, after harvest and before the ground freezes (if you live in cold country.) That way, we can amend the soil and let it do its thing over the winter.

There is no need to test Promix BX. I've got products that will bring it into perfect balance as is.....

And please, please, please promise you won't do anything with compost, especially a tea. The kit has a better product than any tea you might brew....and they're all designed to not fuck up the soil, but rather to work with the soil.

Please, no square pegs in round holes......
Sounds like a plan. I wasn't going to use any other products other then the Kit I will buy from the Zon I was just curious I will follow the plan in the kit. I will mix your recipe ProMix , EWC and the kit only . I will not mix it until next spring then have you test it next fall. I think I already know the answer but do you use a cover crop ?

I have another question , Can I plant a germinated seed right in a 10 or 20 gal. fabric pot with the High Brix system ? Or do I need to use regular pots and transplant ?

Back
Top Bottom