Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Ween,...gang, ya bud , those temps are identical to mine. Not perfect, but within the "sweet range" for sure. 70 and 79 ....hold those temps and you will be golden! Cheers eh!
While we are on the subject of temps...what is the absolute perfect temperature? I know some strains like it warmer or colder than others but ideally what is perfect? Jorge Cervantes said 76 degrees. Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts.

There's actually no such thing, Nis. It depends on the stage of growth and the humidity and the light intensity, and ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

My research pointed to lower 80s for highs and a 10-15 degree drop to the low. But in late flower, I think our plants need/want less heat and light, for instance. On the other end, heat makes a big difference in growth rate in mid veg.

While we are on the subject of temps...what is the absolute perfect temperature? I know some strains like it warmer or colder than others but ideally what is perfect? Jorge Cervantes said 76 degrees. Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts.

You will get different answers , but if i could, i would like it at 70 lights off and 80 lights on!:)....with RH at 50%...just my Op.

There's actually no such thing, Nis. It depends on the stage of growth and the humidity and the light intensity, and ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

My research pointed to lower 80s for highs and a 10-15 degree drop to the low. But in late flower, I think our plants need/want less heat and light, for instance. On the other end, heat makes a big difference in growth rate in mid veg.

Makes sense, as this mimics temperature drops in nature during the fall months.

You will get different answers , but if i could, i would like it at 70 lights off and 80 lights on!:)....with RH at 50%...just my Op.

It depends on the strain and the stage of growth.

Generally acceptable temps: 68-82. 50% rH. Plants will grow in this range and the produce will be worth keeping.

However, within those guidelines small changes can have a big effect. If you raise the humidity to 60% and run at 82 degrees lights on, the tropical Sativa's will flourish as will any Sativa dominant hybrid....and the Sativia phenotypical expressions will be accentuated.

Drop temps to 78 and rH to 45 and that tropical Sativa will struggle. With Indica strains, keeping temps in the high 70's and high 60's works better. They also do well with a slightly lower rH.

Of course, then the intensity of the light comes into play. ....

I think it's safe to say that every garden is different, and a good understanding of what happens when temps are changed is the beginning of wisdom when it comes to growing our plant.

Create a controllable environment and experiment!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm always talking about the environment.....well, there's another "cold roots" issue we should think about: water temperature!

If you keep your water barrel on a cold slab, or the water comes out of the tap at 50 degrees, etc........this will also decrease microbial activity at the roots. 68 degree water is about right.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. We maintain 70-79 and 50% in both rooms so we have a good balance. Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on it since we now have the ability to make it exactly what we want. I've read that some people like to run up 86 with out co2. I can understand being that hot WITH co2 but without...no.

Thanks again everyone for your responses. :thumb:

My next grow will vary slightly, as has this current grow which was a tad different than the first. These little pieces of info are great. My entire first and second grow has come from soil that has cooked on a concrete slab. The bins are next to my furnace so some heat is a constant around that area, it was ok. I found a pallet in the fall, cut the sucker in half, and now my bins are off the floor. My next grow will have soil that was kept at a better temp. Now Doc points out the water temp. Hah, yep, 1/2 of mine is on the floor. I'm doing an ultra cheap/ghetto water system where I use a charcoal water pitcher and I fill up my 7 gallon jugs. Four of the jugs are on the slab, on carpet, but no padding. I will raise my water from the concrete. I anticipate my next run to be even better than this one.

Hey Doc, all...ever consider adding a bit of growth energy to the water for your Christmas tree? I'm thinking about doing it :) .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Watering Tech for Vegetative Growth

Try to let the containers go completely dry between waterings. What I mean by completely dry is that the first physical signs of "wilting" are present. Droopy leaves, loss of turgor, etc. When the containers are bone dry, do this:

Prepare a tub/bucket of water such that when you submerge a dry container from above, the water level is 3/4ths up to the level of the soil. If using a drench, mix it TWICE AS STRONG AS NORMAL.

I am confused about TWICE AS STRONG AS NORMAL.

Try to let the containers go completely dry between waterings. What I mean by completely dry is that the first physical signs of "wilting" are present. Droopy leaves, loss of turgor, etc. When the containers are bone dry, do this:

Prepare a tub/bucket of water such that when you submerge a dry container from above, the water level is 3/4ths up to the level of the soil. If using a drench, mix it TWICE AS STRONG AS NORMAL.

For a GE drench it says 1/2 oz to 1 1/2 oz per 6 plants. So if you did them individually at say 1 oz total for the 6, it would equal 5 ml per plant. So when bottom feeding it would be 10 ml and top feeding would be 5 ml. That's how I took it and have been doing it. First time kit user so hopefully someone experienced can confirm or deny.

When in 1s we mix up about a gallon of water with 7 ml of GE and put the pot in the container of drench. They love it.

:thumb:

Thanks Nismo, top feeding or Docs drench method differ in strength then.

For a GE drench it says 1/2 oz to 1 1/2 oz per 6 plants. So if you did them individually at say 1 oz total for the 6, it would equal 5 ml per plant. So when bottom feeding it would be 10 ml and top feeding would be 5 ml. That's how I took it and have been doing it. First time kit user so hopefully someone experienced can confirm or deny.

When in 1s we mix up about a gallon of water with 7 ml of GE and put the pot in the container of drench. They love it.

:thumb:

When dunking the plants, most of the water stays in the bucket...therefore twice as strong.

I believe Doc assumes only about half the water will end up in the pot. Therefore he recommends the mix be twice as strong. My plants get dunked in containers that leave almost nothing behind so I don't double up on the strength in the original instructions.

When dunking the plants, most of the water stays in the bucket...therefore twice as strong.

Thanks Doc and Nismo. DRENCH & TEA RATIOS (Compliments of Graytail)

1 GALLON POT >> 0.5 - 1.0 mL DRENCH >> 0.05 - 0.1 mL TEA

7 GALLON POT >> 3.0 - 7.0 mL DRENCH >> 0.3 - 0.7 mL TEA

10 GALLON POT >> 5.0 - 10 mL DRENCH >> 0.5 - 1.0 mL TEA
So these amounts are top feed - drench. Its clear now.

I believe Doc assumes only about half the water will end up in the pot. Therefore he recommends the mix be twice as strong. My plants get dunked in containers that leave almost nothing behind so I don't double up on the strength in the original instructions.

Thanks Major, nothing ever written in stone and your reply helps clear this up a bit more for me.

This is very cool doc, I was wondering how to get a kit. I joined the forum because of this thread. I'm only to page 120 so far but I would definitely like to try the kit.

Back
Top Bottom