Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I was thinking I could squeeze 2 7 gal in a 2x2 , but would be tight. With bigger pots I worry about height limitations, but I guess that is strain dependant and how good you lst.

I've been running different size pots and I get 1/3 to 1/2 ounce per gallon of soil.

Thinking that was a typo at 2x4x4 don't expect a 4 foot height will work.
my 2 X 4 is 7 FT high and in the 10's counting the pot height, 8" from soil to Net,
Lights 18" inches from canopy, Hood Height, Carbon Filter width I have
between 3 to 3.5 feet of actual growth distance above the nets before I have to
get worried. So far works good just have to make sure to keep the veg plants under
the 8 inch net height before up-potting.

2x2x4 is the size. Dunno if I could find a squat 7gal and manage or not... Currently using Coco but the flavor just isn't there which has me interested in a change.

Nice that’s correct though!! It definitely Varys.
Hey Duggs, you taking weight guesses yet?
I was gonna wait till i post one more set of pics but go ahead 119....give it your best guess.Keep in mind .....ya cant see all the developing colas.Last night i tried to do some pruning and stuff and seen a cola that i thought was just another bud...wrong...it was an eight inch fat cola!
If i was to guess right now...myself..i would say around 25 to 30 zips!
Cheers eh!

I guess the multi quote stopped working.

Anyway how much space is left with only a 4 ft high tent once the pot , lights, distance
is accounted for ?
Just out of curiousity...why woyld ya buy a tent that was so short... only 4 feet! I suppose one could use it for vegging....i know i would...not enough usable height for blooming!! cheers Gazoo.

I was gonna wait till i post one more set of pics but go ahead 119....give it your best guess.Keep in mind .....ya cant see all the developing colas.Last night i tried to do some pruning and stuff and seen a cola that i thought was just another bud...wrong...it was an eight inch fat cola!
If i was to guess right now...myself..i would say around 25 to 30 zips!
Cheers eh!
Lol... damn your guess is right where mine was gonna be. I wanna say 28 zips!

I know there are plenty of variables with this question, but what yield are you averaging per plant with the kit?

Yields are subject to many variables . But I assure you , it will be amazing quality . I switched from a home made super soil - so I had several grows under my belt . The simplicity of the kit , paired with the top notch smoke is hard to put into words . It truly takes a grow to the next level .
My over scrog grow was my second cycle with the kit . The first cycle was so pretty - I got greedy and went for a wall to wall scrog .
Now I'm doing 8 x 7 gallons - flip the same day I up pot .

Prob 2ft available space. I've removed fan and filter so only have to account for pot and cobs.

OK that sounds like its Do-able :goodjob: considering @ 12" high pot with 8" to the net and 12" min distance COB's to canopy
leaves approx 2 ft. but not much room for error

EDIT: My math was wrong that actually leaves 1' ft 4" so a little more difficult

Just out of curiousity...why woyld ya buy a tent that was so short... only 4 feet! I suppose one could use it for vegging....i know i would...not enough usable height for blooming!! cheers Gazoo.

We work with what we've got available. I figured I would be ok if I stay away from sativa's lol.

We work with what we've got available. I figured I would be ok if I stay away from sativa's lol.

I'm right there with ya buddy and I encourage your approach just wanted to add the part
about the 8" to the net since you will be running with min. space. Again its absolutely doable
and wanted to just give the heads up

EDIT: I need to add the disclaimer that THIS IS NOT a recommended style for US beginning Kit users

I scrogged out 6 x 7 gallon pots in a 5 x 5 . My girls looked awesome until about half way through bloom . They simply ran out of juju . Fan leaves all shriveled and died . The buds never finished out - all airy and spindly . It was fire , just not pretty .
If I ever go for a big scrog again , it'll be in at least 15's .

Just my 2 cents worth .

Appreciate that Delta, thank you!

Thinking that was a typo at 2x4x4 don't expect a 4 foot height will work.
my 2 X 4 is 7 FT high and in the 10's counting the pot height, 8" from soil to Net,
Lights 18" inches from canopy, Hood Height, Carbon Filter width I have
between 3 to 3.5 feet of actual growth distance above the nets before I have to
get worried. So far works good just have to make sure to keep the veg plants under
the 8 inch net height before up-potting.

I've scrogged in this little guy before, but it was a long time ago--before I 'knew what I was doing', so to speak. I'm leaning towards a single, squat 10-gallon pot.

Gonna have to pull a LightAddict and flux (or similar) with her, keeping her super low--have 4 t8 bulbs in there at the tip-top, so it's low wattage. Hopefully with a single 10gal that sits 10" high, I'll have another 24" or so to play with. So, I'll have to pick out an indica.

Thinking the buds won't be killer, but they shouldn't get light burn too bad either, right? Tent sits nice n pretty at 81*, 60% rh lights on.

Oh, don’t ask me that... I’m only on my 3rd plant in the kit. I’ve been making mistakes. And quantity isn’t really what the kit is about... it’s also about quality. So the yeilds may not be as much as you’d expect. I’m sure others will chime in though. I don’t wanna post my low numbers and deter you from this.

Also, if your tent is 2x2... I’d probably just run one as well. Hell I run only one in my 2x3.

KB, in a 3 gal pot I'll pull 1-2zs per plant, typically. 2-6z in a 5, and 3-8z in a 7. These numbers reflect all sorts of different training styles, growing styles--I use the kit, but have a hard time keeping still and *not* experimenting--call it a personality defect.

anyhow, hope this helps--it's been my experience, so far!

Just wanted to drop these pics... Noel is filling really nice. Here she is in a 7gal pot. First pic is day of transplant, after trim up, Leaf Wash, and watering in with 1/4 TP. Second pic is today, almost 4 days since transplant.

And I thought i'd put this one up as well, just so you guys can see the kinda sorta levelness of the canopy.

Look at her,..she's gonna be some special! Great job with topping, LSTing 119. She has a few burnt tips ....get that sorted out right now. Are you feeding her 'heavy'? Remember bud,..all that new soil is gonna do her well. Is your enviro good,..RH? Thanks for posting these pics,..it shows off your skills.:bravo:

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!

Look at her,..she's gonna be some special! Great job with topping, LSTing 119. She has a few burnt tips ....get that sorted out right now. Are you feeding her 'heavy'? Remember bud,..all that new soil is gonna do her well. Is your enviro good,..RH? Thanks for posting these pics,..it shows off your skills.:bravo:

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!

Thanks Duggs! That means a lot comming from you. I was feeding really heavy before Transplant. But after I put her in that fresh soil I only gave the water with 1/4 TP. My temps have been 78/80 and most days my humidity is around 50-55 but she’s been in there 4 days and only 1 day it was at 55 , the last 3 days it’s been closer to 40-45. Trying to get it back up there!

Edit: Ta Da! My bad guys:rip:

She looks good dajerm, I need to give mine some leaf wash, just put 2 new ones in flower. Seems LW gives them that shiny look, I didn't use last round.

Hey Killerbudz, I got some 7 gal fabric pots that are few inches shorter than my plastic pots. Those may help with shorter tent. Follow Duggans thread, he's the master at training. You should be fine, may take a run or 2 to find best time to flip. You could also maybe make a couple pots, just build em short and wide like a raised bed planter. That would probably be best way to keep most head room.

Back
Top Bottom