Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Man that shit is annoying, unless someone has posted in a thread I follow, if I click on it... takes me to
The first page. So if I wanna post, but there are no new posts... I gotta scroll all the way to the bottom... on my phone.
On my Mac it at least has the page number at the top.
Anyway, wanted to say I like the “mobile” version better than the pc. Only because the options stay at the top of the screen all the time unlike on the “desktop” version.
Like if I go scrolling to the bottom, on my phone I can just tap the three vertical lines and chose watches threads. But I’m the desktop i
Have to scroll all the way back up to her to the drop down menus. @Amy Gardner
Just tagging you cause you’re helping with this.

Man that shit is annoying, unless someone has posted in a thread I follow, if I click on it... takes me to
The first page. So if I wanna post, but there are no new posts... I gotta scroll all the way to the bottom... on my phone.
On my Mac it at least has the page number at the top.
Anyway, wanted to say I like the “mobile” version better than the pc. Only because the options stay at the top of the screen all the time unlike on the “desktop” version.
Like if I go scrolling to the bottom, on my phone I can just tap the three vertical lines and chose watches threads. But I’m the desktop i
Have to scroll all the way back up to her to the drop down menus. @Amy Gardner
Just tagging you cause you’re helping with this.
Hey Daj. Not sure if it helps you or not but try clicking on the time stamp and it should take you to the bottom of the thread.

:passitleft:

Yeah - and if you forget to do what ween said, like I do occasionally, and end up on the first page - turn your phone to the side (landscape) and you’llget the page nav buttons at the top (and signatures too, FYI).

:passitleft:

And re scrolling back to the top (it annoys me too - constantly doing it to see what thread I’m in)... when you scroll a little you’ll see to green up&down arrows bottom right. They’ll jump you to top&bottom respectively.

:passitleft: cheers
:thumb:

Brixers, I'm interested in going down the high brix road but have hesitation reading that you need 7gal pot min... I'm in a small tent, so the question is can you grow with a smaller pot size?

I grew in 3 gallon pots in the kit until recently. Works well, I'd say! Feel free to PM me anytime with questions on it.

Here's a blue dream in a 3 gallon pot, being run in the kit.

Brixers, I'm interested in going down the high brix road but have hesitation reading that you need 7gal pot min... I'm in a small tent, so the question is can you grow with a smaller pot size?

Hey there KB, are you wanting to grow more variety at once? That’s the only reason I could see you wanting to use smaller pots.

Hey there KB, are you wanting to grow more variety at once? That’s the only reason I could see you wanting to use smaller pots.

I think he mentioned a smaller tent--for me, it was about bang for buck. Was trying to simply see how much produce I could get using a SOG in a 5x5 tent. Was pretty fun, but if I were to do it again, I'd run 2 20 gal pots, and SCROG em. Different strokes, you know?

The reason Doc advocates for 7 gallon pots is simple--more soil, more room for error. The smaller the pot, the harder it tends to be to keep things dialed in. PLUS, Doc's plants don't lie--nor do Duggans, Bucks, Neikos, Canna and Nis, etc etc etc Smaller pots are less forgiving--but certainly no less viable!

To pull off the BD grow, I had to put barely-rooted clones into the 3 gallons and flip them immediately, and I still ran out of room in that tent using a SOG in a 10 week strain.

I think he mentioned a smaller tent--for me, it was about bang for buck. Was trying to simply see how much produce I could get using a SOG in a 5x5 tent. Was pretty fun, but if I were to do it again, I'd run 2 20 gal pots, and SCROG em.

Yes sir, saw the small tent thing. But even if it’s like my 2x3 I can grow 2 in 7s or 10s... and just keep em low... better yields in bigger pots... that’s why I asked if he wants variety or what he’s after.

Yes sir, saw the small tent thing. But even if it’s like my 2x3 I can grow 2 in 7s or 10s... and just keep em low... better yields in bigger pots... that’s why I asked if he wants variety or what he’s after.

Yeah, agreed on your approach. I find the nugs are often a little bit bigger too...bigger roots bigger fruits! Q for you--thinking of running 1 or 2 7 gal SCROG in a 2x4x4--thoughts? 1 pot, or two do you think?

Yeah, agreed on your approach. I find the nugs are often a little bit bigger too...bigger roots bigger fruits! Q for you--thinking of running 1 or 2 7 gal SCROG in a 2x4x4--thoughts? 1 pot, or two do you think?

Well tbh I have no experience with SCROG... but @Gazoo sure does.
How To - 7 Gal Rim Mount SCROG Pots In 2 X 4 Tent - 8.25 Sq Ft
Hopefully he can help you out with that.
If it were me, I’d probably run 2 7 gal or 2 10 gallon. Either way, I’d run two plants for sure in that space.

I was thinking I could squeeze 2 7 gal in a 2x2 , but would be tight. With bigger pots I worry about height limitations, but I guess that is strain dependant and how good you lst.

Actually the last one I posted won’t work... they are to wide. These are 12x12x12” would be 7gal plus 2 pints... these could work well for you and help maximize your space usage. You would fill that thing edge to edge easily.

Appreciate the help, might be in my best interest to roll with one at a time, don't like the idea of being that cramped and limiting the plant.

I know there are plenty of variables with this question, but what yield are you averaging per plant with the kit?

Thinking that was a typo at 2x4x4 don't expect a 4 foot height will work.
my 2 X 4 is 7 FT high and in the 10's counting the pot height, 8" from soil to Net,
Lights 18" inches from canopy, Hood Height, Carbon Filter width I have
between 3 to 3.5 feet of actual growth distance above the nets before I have to
get worried. So far works good just have to make sure to keep the veg plants under
the 8 inch net height before up-potting.

I scrogged out 6 x 7 gallon pots in a 5 x 5 . My girls looked awesome until about half way through bloom . They simply ran out of juju . Fan leaves all shriveled and died . The buds never finished out - all airy and spindly . It was fire , just not pretty .
If I ever go for a big scrog again , it'll be in at least 15's .

Just my 2 cents worth .

Appreciate the help, might be in my best interest to roll with one at a time, don't like the idea of being that cramped and limiting the plant.

I know there are plenty of variables with this question, but what yield are you averaging per plant with the kit?

Oh, don’t ask me that... I’m only on my 3rd plant in the kit. I’ve been making mistakes. And quantity isn’t really what the kit is about... it’s also about quality. So the yeilds may not be as much as you’d expect. I’m sure others will chime in though. I don’t wanna post my low numbers and deter you from this.

Also, if your tent is 2x2... I’d probably just run one as well. Hell I run only one in my 2x3.

It varies by strain and how long/well you veg them. I have pulled anywhere from 1.5 to 5.5 ounces out of a plant in a 7 gallon pot. The better you do vegging them and trianing them the better results you will get. if I trained better and did a better job of pruning I would probably have even better yields.

Back
Top Bottom