Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I never checked the label for Sunshine. Is it a percentage of the calcium? I'd be surprised if 100% dolomite would work. Most calcium pH buffers are a mix. We'd like to see close to 90% calcitic limestone or more, 10% dolomitic, not sure what the limit is, but it screws with the ideal mineral balance. Pro-Mix uses a mixed blend too.

@Doc Bud , did you ever test Berger? Berger

Yeah I'm sure it does. It tends to raise ph (runoff) close to neutral. Seems like prmlix would have it too, no?

Originally this is what I purchased and took it back due to one of the ingredients. That was some time ago but I believe that is why I exchanged it for the promix.
It was recommended here that I not use it, so maybe Doc or someone can verify for you.

The gardener will need the following:

3.8 cu ft bale of ProMix HP myco, or Sunshine #4 or Promix BX myco. Perlite can be added to the BX in order increase porosity for indoor growing.

20-40 pounds of organic worm castings that show an NPK of zero K. (1-1-0)

1666158145967.png

A proper growing environment, basic gardening skills, six, 7-gallon pots six 1-gallon pots and a sprayer capable of putting out a fine spray.

1666158163506.png

yep, when you think of a fertile, healthy soil, make sure you're not thinking of compost and bat guano....but instead are thinking about calcium and minerals. Microbial action is severely inhibited when organic matter gets above 8%.

The main thing is the correct ratio of P/K, Ca/P, Ca/Mg and making sure trace elements are present in trace amounts. That can't be done via guestimation, especially when it comes to potassium.

All strains look and grow just beautifully in the kit, but some strains really shine when it comes to terp magic.....and these tend to be simple crosses from non-complicated parents and definitely the landrace/IBL strains.

The strains that don't perform as well are the Chemdog progeny, although even those do well once you get 'em dialed in. I personally don't grow many of them because they just aren't as good as the landrace or simple crosses.

Most strains will come out with silly amounts of resin and lovely buds....as you can see by perusing HB journals.

The gang can feel free to post one of their current plants here if you want to see what we're all up to. Minerals, microbes and magic!

Hi Doc, i just read your above post regarding the Chemdog pogeny, and of course I just popped some Chemstar beans (chem D x Star dawg). Any special advice with this strain. Treat it like my OG?

Very interested in learning more about this kit! Heard many many good things...however I don't want to read 900+ pages! Can someone tell me where I might be able to jump back to and get caught up? Surely things have changed since 13'. Thank you!

I'm new to the kit and doesn't seem to be any harder than other brands.

It might be like baking, but you have 10 Mary Berry's on speed dial 24/7☺
Mornin to ya PGR....you will find using Docs gear that your grow will actually get boring. Thats just how easy it really is!
Glad your liking it sir!...cheers.

Mornin to ya PGR....you will find using Docs gear that your grow will actually get boring. Thats just how easy it really is!
Glad your liking it sir!...cheers.
How can looking at beautiful plants and stacked buds ever get boring? :battingeyelashes: I can't keep my eyes off!

Hey Doc I’m sure you are probably really busy and didn’t see my message at “in the lab” but I was just wondering how you can fill out your order to ship to Canada. It will only allow me to ship to the states. Thanks for your help!
Hey OG...you Canadian...me too....where abouts are ya? Doc's been shipping to me for about 6 yrs.now...never an issue....always get my stuff!

Back
Top Bottom