Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks @Duggan :passitleft:

I'm about a node's time away from that, was afraid I was out too late :)

Nope, your all good PGR,...when you begin foliar spraying/misting, repeat every week to ten days , using common sense as far as short time like every 7 days or a bit longer between , at , say 10 or 11 days. Smaller plants = longer time between, got it. It's all about how strong , healthy and abundant the roots are. Too strong , or too often a spray means possible root burn , OK? Be careful. Cheers PGR.:passitleft:

Hello everyone, I am new to high brix gardening. My current batch is in flower right now and it's a modified soil recipe with doc's high brix mix in it. I am curious if I am doing it wrong. I only bought the first run batch without anything else from the website because my soil is water only. Is that alright using this mix in a hot soil like mine or do I need to follow other methods? So far my brix levels are higher than normal, I bought a refractometer to measure. Some strains are lower that others but generally higher then my soil less rooms in coco.

In my soilless room I will be switching from coco to a peat based medium. Can I use this mix and then use mineral base fertilizers or will it mess it up? I am hoping so but need to know fast so I can start cooking the mix. Any help or input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hello Michigan, welcome to 420 Mag sir! With Doc Bud's gear , the amendments and liquids in the 'kit' were meant for a very specific purpose,..to use with Pro Mix, a 3.8 cu. ft. bale to be precise. Mixing Doc's amendments with other untested soils and mediums is not advised . Switch over to our method using the 'kit' properly , and stop worrying about things. Cheers eh!

The amendments are designed specifically for an inert peat-based medium, specifically Pro-Mix or Sunshine. If you amend other soils, the mineral balances will not be correct, and it's not possible to predict how the plants will grow in it. Simply mineralizing most soils will improve plant health, as you've seen, but the drenches and foliars will not work as expected in a different medium.

So your hot soil is apparently improved by the Kit amendment. But to get the results the rest of us do, you'll have to begin with the proper medium. If you don't have access to the standards - ProMix or Sunshine - you can have another brand of peat tested and get a custom amendment for it. Then you can use the drenches and foliars as well.

Hello everyone, I am new to high brix gardening. My current batch is in flower right now and it's a modified soil recipe with doc's high brix mix in it. I am curious if I am doing it wrong. I only bought the first run batch without anything else from the website because my soil is water only. Is that alright using this mix in a hot soil like mine or do I need to follow other methods? So far my brix levels are higher than normal, I bought a refractometer to measure. Some strains are lower that others but generally higher then my soil less rooms in coco.

In my soilless room I will be switching from coco to a peat based medium. Can I use this mix and then use mineral base fertilizers or will it mess it up? I am hoping so but need to know fast so I can start cooking the mix. Any help or input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi there,

If you study my website, or any journal on this forum, you'll discover that High Brix gardening is based on creating a soil with very specific ranges and ratios of major and minor elements. It's an exact thing...not an approximation.

Your application simply won't work. Sorry....it just won't.

Thanks everyone for the insight!! That hazelnut cream looks amazing! I'm on a cookies and cream cross frenzy and have several crosses going. Anyways thanks Doc, I kind of figured the kit was kind of like baking and needed exact things in order to work. I believe I am starting to see benefits from mineral content or a healthy soil. I do have a question for you though Doc, Do you have consistent high numbers with each strain you grow with your kit? I mean is do you have strains that you can't get high numbers and others that just seem to out perform others?

Thanks everyone for the insight!! That hazelnut cream looks amazing! I'm on a cookies and cream cross frenzy and have several crosses going. Anyways thanks Doc, I kind of figured the kit was kind of like baking and needed exact things in order to work. I believe I am starting to see benefits from mineral content or a healthy soil. I do have a question for you though Doc, Do you have consistent high numbers with each strain you grow with your kit? I mean is do you have strains that you can't get high numbers and others that just seem to out perform others?

yep, when you think of a fertile, healthy soil, make sure you're not thinking of compost and bat guano....but instead are thinking about calcium and minerals. Microbial action is severely inhibited when organic matter gets above 8%.

The main thing is the correct ratio of P/K, Ca/P, Ca/Mg and making sure trace elements are present in trace amounts. That can't be done via guestimation, especially when it comes to potassium.

All strains look and grow just beautifully in the kit, but some strains really shine when it comes to terp magic.....and these tend to be simple crosses from non-complicated parents and definitely the landrace/IBL strains.

The strains that don't perform as well are the Chemdog progeny, although even those do well once you get 'em dialed in. I personally don't grow many of them because they just aren't as good as the landrace or simple crosses.

Most strains will come out with silly amounts of resin and lovely buds....as you can see by perusing HB journals.

The gang can feel free to post one of their current plants here if you want to see what we're all up to. Minerals, microbes and magic!

I got this out of my first try ...

full

And I see a little precursor to my eventual doom - a small white delta shaped spot at the lower left.

(Whiteflies are like the homeless on the streets - they aren't a problem until they are.)

Those are some seriously nice frost and buds! I can't wait until mine start to flower. Doc! Way to knock it right outta the park! Beautiful! @weenmeoff @JustMeds & @Graytail ...VERY sweet! I am very happy with my results so far on my first with Doc's Kit. Have a great rest of the night!
LG

The amendments are designed specifically for an inert peat-based medium, specifically Pro-Mix or Sunshine.

Thanks for answering my question before I even had to ask. No Promix available here- Sunshine mix -yes and that's what I grow in now.
I noticed someone using coco.

There are Brixers who use coco mixes, but none of us on this forum do, and Doc hasn't shown much interest either.

Back
Top Bottom