Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Weasel. I'm curious approximately how big that dehuey is, dimensions and how big your space is? I have a 4x4 and a dehuey at lights out would be ideal, there isn't a lot of floor space though. Thanks!

Looking for help sizing dehumidifier for 8x8' room

Here's the thread I started when I was looking, and near the end you can find a link to the one I bought. It proved to be way harder than I expected to find a small dehumidifier that has a restart function. If it doesn't have a restart function that saves your settings when the power goes off, it can't be run on a timer and has to either be turned on/off by hand, or run 24/7.
There are other considerations, like getting one that can drain continuously out a hose instead of into a little tray you have to constantly empty. So yeah the thread's worth a look.

Anyway- Dimensions are
13.5" wide
11.5" deep
21" high

I squeeze it in. Makes an ok table with a board on top of it.

Evenin , Weasle, Ween , Doc and friends. Ween another tip with dehuey's OK. As Weasel said, the restart feature has to be there. With the drain issue, here's what i did with mine, just remove the tray and epoxy a smallish funnel (4") to the under side of the tray platform and then just push a length of hose (i used clear 1/2 inch) on to the funnel. Take the end to your floor drain. Done , this is what i did, bin working for yrs. now, never any issues, just routine cleaning of the hose , etc.
just wanted to share that little idea. You have several options on where to place it, it can be placed outside the grow area, as long as input air comes from where it is. This is what i do. That way i just set it and , as long as the power doesn't go out, then all's good. This way i don't have to worry about the GR enviro...i just keep the rest of the basement at a good RH , between 40 and 60%. Anyhow , enjoy the evening Weasel , Ween , Doc and gang....:circle-of-love:

That I'm sure would make a great deal of improvement, right now it has to be constantly adjusted - which I can't do with a full time job. Sometimes its even to hot (90°F) with my fan kicked up. Only because the room outside of tent is filled with hot air. Thats why I was thinking a mini split or a portable a.c./heater maybe. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

My highs and lows for RH: 35% and 55% but typically never goes below 40%. I'm pretty happy with RH
Highs and lows for temp: 68°F and 88°F. Not good I know! It usually isn't that bad but weather has not been cooperating. That is why I asked what most peoples method were of heating and cooling. "Passive" options so to speak are not working for me. Thanks for the response!
What type of light are you using? Hps, cobs? For example could use a cool tube or move the driver outside of the tent that might help a little.

What type of light are you using? Hps, cobs? For example could use a cool tube or move the driver outside of the tent that might help a little.
Timber cobs - the 4 Vero 29's. Definitely should have asked Dan to wire me up so that I could have done that...I could maybe tackle it but wouldnt trust my work to be honest lol

Timber cobs - the 4 Vero 29's. Definitely should have asked Dan to wire me up so that I could have done that...I could maybe tackle it but wouldnt trust my work to be honest lol
I had heat issues with my small tent until I vented the exhaust outside of the room and make sure you have enough vents open to pull fresh air into the tent.

I had heat issues with my small tent until I vented the exhaust outside of the room and make sure you have enough vents open to pull fresh air into the tent.
That's pretty much my issue, I'm venting back into same room - but also kind of need to for security purposes...I ended up ordering a duct stat to hopefully regulate it a little better. If it doesn't keep me between 68°-82° consistently ill have to purchase a small window unit - shouldnt have to worry about smelly air either because it will have already been vented through my filter. That's the plan anyway :thumb:

10 gallons is entirely doable - just cut the amendment into 4 parts. It'll cook fine as long as you keep it moist and warm.
:thumb:

I wouldn't be confidant with much less.

Hey gang--been busy lately, but wanted to share my stoke on my current grow...one of my best yet!

I decided to stop running my space heater, as I could not find a good way to properly dissipate the heat without burning some flowers. So, you'll notice they look a little cold--it's because they are, getting down to 64 every 'night'. And yet, FROST!

Happy. These are all week 5 or 6--look at how fast that Sherbet's finishing! Unbelievable.

Hey gang--been busy lately, but wanted to share my stoke on my current grow...one of my best yet!

I decided to stop running my space heater, as I could not find a good way to properly dissipate the heat without burning some flowers. So, you'll notice they look a little cold--it's because they are, getting down to 64 every 'night'. And yet, FROST!

Happy. These are all week 5 or 6--look at how fast that Sherbet's finishing! Unbelievable.

Your tent is larger than mine but I have found Cloning Mat or mats
or even bed warmers works to raise the temp 2 to 4 degrees. They can be
hung or placed under the floor

Back
Top Bottom