Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hi Doc. Got my first run of soil with kit cooked for my next batch of plants, almost ready to go into their big pots. Best looking start to a grow so far.

As I've been reading about high brix growing I've been wondering about rabbit manure as brix soil amendment. I have a lot of it that I've been spreading in my yard, and thinking it might be good amendment for indoor soil also, either straight or vermicomposted. My rabbits get mostly timothy hay, so should be close to published NPK levels of 2.4 1.4 0.6, except it also has absorbed urine in it.

Except for low calcium (rabbit's can't tolerate high calcium vegetables) it seems very brix-like to me. Plus it adds texture and won't burn plants (at least not other plants I've used it on, don't know about cannabis.)

Questions are: How good is it as brix amendment in general? and would it be appropriate to add to kit soil, possibly when I recycle soil for 2nd run? I'm really not trying to mess with the kit as much as trying to understand how highbrix soil works. So many moving parts for something that looks like it's just lying there.

Not sure how it would affect cannabis, but 40 years ago, when I was raising rabbits for 4-H, we would shovel the manure into the garden. Those were the best tomatoes we EVER grew!!! :peace:

420-magazine-mobile102026157.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1440010484.jpg

Just how I like my girls, tops off and destressed!!

Just wanna show love to all of you here for being so Damn awesome!
My girls and I could not be more ecstatic with their new homes in the kit soil. Thinking of starting a journal so I wanted to see what uploading photos was like..
Thanks again Doc and all you lovely bunch!!

Sent from my XT1575 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Be patient and look to the new growth! I predict you'll be pleasantly surprised in a few days. I am surprised they needed water so fast.....you sure you waited till they dried out?

Let them go as long as possible after the Rescue Drench and then use water with 1/4 strength Transplant and a splash of Tea.....then Growth Energy.....and you should be pushing out healthy branches and leaves.
Looks like I'm going to have to start over. I have some obiwan OG beans coming. Not seeing a way back from this:

They started coming back this is from the 31st:
420-magazine-mobile1622161287.jpg

This is from yesterday they yellowing keeps crawling up the plants:

420-magazine-mobile70359787.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1729333257.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1850514009.jpg

Some pics of the roots:
420-magazine-mobile692809699.jpg

A couple of them look pretty root bound but I don't think I can bring them back. My wife is determined to get some bud off of these but only the one on the right looks like it'll make it.

Unless someone has any ideas I'm going to cull these today and save what kit I have left for that obiwan OG. This failure won't stop me as I believe the kit works and I'll be starting a journal next time to bring you all with me so I don't muck it up again. Hopefully someone can learn from my mistakes.

Happy Friday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks like I'm going to have to start over. I have some obiwan OG beans coming. Not seeing a way back from this:

They started coming back this is from the 31st:
420-magazine-mobile1622161287.jpg

This is from yesterday they yellowing keeps crawling up the plants:

420-magazine-mobile70359787.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1729333257.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1850514009.jpg

Some pics of the roots:
420-magazine-mobile692809699.jpg

A couple of them look pretty root bound but I don't think I can bring them back. My wife is determined to get some bud off of these but only the one on the right looks like it'll make it.

Unless someone has any ideas I'm going to cull these today and save what kit I have left for that obiwan OG. This failure won't stop me as I believe the kit works and I'll be starting a journal next time to bring you all with me so I don't muck it up again. Hopefully someone can learn from my mistakes.

Happy Friday!

The kit definitely works....but what the hell went wrong on those? You in Promix?

The kit definitely works....but what the hell went wrong on those? You in Promix?
I'm using the same soil as everyone but I had some confusion early on with the foliars. I started them very late. You help a lot of folks on here so you might not remember helping me. Here is a list of issues I had:

- Started foliars in wk5 veg after noticing yellowing of lower leaves.
- Too much Transplant with waterings up to wk5.
- Pots were on tent floor on basement slab.
- Not sure about my watering technique. I would dunk them when they dried out with whatever I added to the water in a 5 gallon bucket filled half way with water. I would let them soak until I saw water start to pool on top of the soil. I only watered this way, only hand watering with a can a couple of times.

I'm a noob to growing in general as I've only had a single grow before this using coco and hydro nutes I under cfls. I didn't think I would F up this bad though. Lol. I need to dedicate more time to read through the journals.

I'm using the same soil as everyone but I had some confusion early on with the foliars. I started them very late. You help a lot of folks on here so you might not remember helping me. Here is a list of issues I had:

- Started foliars in wk5 veg after noticing yellowing of lower leaves.
- Too much Transplant with waterings up to wk5.
- Pots were on tent floor on basement slab.
- Not sure about my watering technique. I would dunk them when they dried out with whatever I added to the water in a 5 gallon bucket filled half way with water. I would let them soak until I saw water start to pool on top of the soil. I only watered this way, only hand watering with a can a couple of times.

I'm a noob to growing in general as I've only had a single grow before this using coco and hydro nutes I under cfls. I didn't think I would F up this bad though. Lol. I need to dedicate more time to read through the journals.

I remember....the slab. Dang. I thought they'd come back with a serious pruning and some warmer root temps.

I remember....the slab. Dang. I thought they'd come back with a serious pruning and some warmer root temps.
You and me both my friend. I do have an additional question regarding what to do with the soil. After I cull them, what do I do with the soil? Can I put it back in the tote I been using? I was thinking of getting a hearing pad to make sure the soil cooks well. I want to get the best out of the rest of this kit before I buy more.

When I get my obi-wan OG in I coming back with a journal and I'll make you guys proud .

You and me both my friend. I do have an additional question regarding what to do with the soil. After I cull them, what do I do with the soil? Can I put it back in the tote I been using? I was thinking of getting a hearing pad to make sure the soil cooks well. I want to get the best out of the rest of this kit before I buy more.

When I get my obi-wan OG in I coming back with a journal and I'll make you guys proud .

Absolutely! Put it right back in the bin with maybe a tbsp of ROOTS and some water to moisten. Throw the leaves from that plant in there too :)

almost 76 grams to the 1/6th lb of recharge with the amount I got I had to do some math thought that may help

For anyone that needs a reminder or just happens to be wondering.

For anyone that needs a reminder or just happens to be wondering.

The kit is made for 6, 7 gallon pots. Yes the amount of soil is roughly 60 gallons but some more is used later in flower. The recharge, whatever weight it may be, should be divided between those 6 pots later in flower

Doc, I wanted to follow up on a previous post - #12468. This was an issue where a couple of seedlings had weird coloring/mottling on their leaves. You and others suggested it might be due to cold, I thought (and you concurred) that it might have been shock from the root/dirt ball falling apart when I transplanted it. One cleared up fine, but one, a Northern Lights is still weird.

Note in the first pic how the leaves are light- almost yellow, wrinkled, and that one leaf - - approx at the 12:30 location is curved like a scimitar. Other branches have similar leaves. The plant to the right is a sister and is fine. The second pic is another sister of the same age. Note how nice and green it is and how the leaves are shaped normally.

Both plants are from seed, the same age, have been fed the same, etc. and are both the same size. Any ideas/suggestions?
IMG_050438.JPG

IMG_050630.JPG

Don' mean to spook you, but look into Tobacco Mosaic Virus. It looks a little like that. PotChimp has been dealing with what he thinks might be an infection in some of his plants.

Don' mean to spook you, but look into Tobacco Mosaic Virus. It looks a little like that. PotChimp has been dealing with what he thinks might be an infection in some of his plants.

It could be a mozaic virus, but unless you smoke around plants, grow outside or mix tools between inside and outside it's hard to get in an indoor grow, usually. Other thing to consider is that one plant cleared up, which doesn't happen with mozaic virus.

If it is virus the other plants around her are probably already infected as well. Time will tell.

Absolutely! Put it right back in the bin with maybe a tbsp of ROOTS and some water to moisten. Throw the leaves from that plant in there too :)
Follow up question, as my new beans should be here soon. I was wondering which tote should I throw these plants into? I have the one I've been pulling from and another full one. They are both the same batch of 1st run soil

Seeing I'm going to be starting within a week or so which tote do you (or any of the gang) recommend I put it in?

Happy Monday folks!

Back
Top Bottom