Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I am currently trying a 2 gallon torture test with 7th run soil.:thedoubletake: watering a bit more often than I normally do in the 7's :morenutes:

Black Cream Auto is 8 weeks from seed pre trimmed for harvest soon. She is way blacker then the pics show.

MG29_BC_d59_a.jpg
MG29_BC_bd59.jpg

and the Northern Light is 1 week in flower, also 2 gal 7th run. The white topping is Growstone, supposed to deter the gnats, so far so good.

MG29_NL_dt52_t.jpg

LSTed her today
MG29_NL_dt52_td.jpg
You're really doing some interesting and amazing work these days Hashhound. :bravo:

Hey Yeti, my last 2 grows I used glr. Check em out and that should tell you a lot about how I feel about the subject bro :)
Hey Tard I am following your current grow and have read your others. I'm not sure how I missed that you were using GLR but you definitely get great results. Do you use your main lights for the hour on period in the middle of the dark period? The write ups I read suggested using a secondary light to reduce wear on people's main ballasts but I'm not sure that applies with leds. Thanks for the response Tard :thumb:

Hey Tard I am following your current grow and have read your others. I'm not sure how I missed that you were using GLR but you definitely get great results. Do you use your main lights for the hour on period in the middle of the dark period? The write ups I read suggested using a secondary light to reduce wear on people's main ballasts but I'm not sure that applies with leds. Thanks for the response Tard :thumb:

During veg I did use my main lights but only with the veg switches on. Ive been using the one 450 for a couple of years now and it seems no worse for wear.. I could see how it'd be a bad idea with a HID set up tho. Seems those ballasts are sensitive lil buggers. Might have the same effect on a t5 rig id I'd think. :)

I ran GLR twice in the kit, both with good results, but not noticeably better. I expect the main reason people use GLR (only speculative) is to reduce the time, after flipping to bloom, of the plants to show sex and realize full onset of flowering. Since I let my plants run 8 weeks veg average, I don't see much difference really.

I think if you're going to veg less than 6 weeks, you may shorten your overall run time a week or so using GLR. Other than that I didn't see any substantial difference.

My .02

Recently I read a comment Duggan made regarding strains that need more salt in the kit compared to landrace strains. These salt strains were created in unnatural environments running an, I would imagine, 18/6 schedule. So, would GLR perform better with landrace strains rather than crossed and crossed 18/6 strains?

Hi all. I am having a little trouble with my Train Wreck. I have been trying to follow the kit direction exactly. ALL my other girls are doing GREAT. It is just this one. She is in veg in a 1 gal pot at the moment. She is in first run soil. Soil in on insulated pallet with space heater in basement. She is do for a drench today. Her last drench was a rescue. Any suggestions? Everyone else is thriving!!! The TW is the one in front. Thanks. :peace:

20161218_114356_resized.jpg
20161218_114421_resized.jpg
20161218_085517_resized.jpg
20161218_085531_resized.jpg

During veg I did use my main lights but only with the veg switches on. Ive been using the one 450 for a couple of years now and it seems no worse for wear.. I could see how it'd be a bad idea with a HID set up tho. Seems those ballasts are sensitive lil buggers. Might have the same effect on a t5 rig id I'd think. :)
Ya HID ballasts do seem to be touchy and firing a bulb twice as often does seem like it would finish the expected life of them. I would love to run leds but the initial cost isn't something I am able to cover right now. Especially with how many I would need to replace my HIDs.
I ran GLR twice in the kit, both with good results, but not noticeably better. I expect the main reason people use GLR (only speculative) is to reduce the time, after flipping to bloom, of the plants to show sex and realize full onset of flowering. Since I let my plants run 8 weeks veg average, I don't see much difference really.

I think if you're going to veg less than 6 weeks, you may shorten your overall run time a week or so using GLR. Other than that I didn't see any substantial difference.

My .02
Thank you for adding your experience. Diminished time for flower to onset is supposed to be one reason but one of the articles focused on improved plant health. The article stated that 18/6 is actually stressful for begging plants and that it could be one cause of clones losing vigor from generation to generation. This would be due to over saturation of light. The article ally focus on how allowing the plants more time to rest boosted health and allowed roots to grow at a greater pace thus allowing for shorter veg times. It encouraged ppl to use 16/8 or even 14/10 to veg if they didn't use GLR.

Hi all. I am having a little trouble with my Train Wreck. I have been trying to follow the kit direction exactly. ALL my other girls are doing GREAT. It is just this one. She is in veg in a 1 gal pot at the moment. She is in first run soil. Soil in on insulated pallet with space heater in basement. She is do for a drench today. Her last drench was a rescue. Any suggestions? Everyone else is thriving!!! The TW is the one in front. Thanks. :peace:

20161218_114356_resized.jpg
20161218_114421_resized.jpg
20161218_085517_resized.jpg
20161218_085531_resized.jpg

Prune it way back and Rescue Drench. The roots are on strike. Time to get 'em what they want.

Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I've checked in, lots of catching up to do.

I've been having some issues with the c'99 strain on the last few plants from week 3 till harvest. Usually start getting slightly taco'd leaves and then they start fading and curling up, becoming really yellow and leaves falling off by harvest time. My other strains don't do this.

IMG_20161219_072137.jpg

My feed schedule is pretty much the same as shown here:

Baseline Feed Schedule (per plant)

- 1 Gallon Seedling -

.2 ml Transplant / 1100 ml water

Until you get 5 sets of leaves.

*Let medium go completely dry between waterings.

- 1 Gallon Veg w/ Drenches and Foliars -

Alternate between:

1 mL Growth Energy + 0.1 mL Tea + .2 ml Transplant / 1100 ml water

-

.2 ml Transplant /1100 ml water

Foliar (On different days):
Brix every 7 days (1 ml Brix / 30 ml water)
De-Stress every 10 days (.5 ml De-Stress / 30 ml water)

- 1-7 Gallon Upcanning -

Moisten new medium with 1/2 oz Transplant / 1 gallon of water

- 7 Gallon Veg -

Alternate between:

5.0 ml Growth Energy + 0.5 ml Tea + 1.4 ml Transplant / 6000 ml water

-

1.4 ml Transplant / 6000 ml water

*Switch to flowering

- 7-10 Gallon Upcanning -

- 10 Gallon Early Bloom Stretch -

Alternate between:

10 ml Growth Energy + 1 ml Tea + 2 ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

-

2 ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

-

12 ml Transplant + 1 ml Tea / 8500 ml water

-

Brix every 7 days (2 ml Brix / 60 ml water)
De-Stress every 10 days (1 ml De-Stress / 60 ml water)

* For the first 4 weeks of bloom, water just enough to keep the medium moist, not wet. After about 4 weeks of this the roots are circling the bottom of the container and you can afford to give them a good soaking.

* 3 weeks after light period switch scratch Recharge into medium surface. Water.

- 10 Gallon Bud Setting -

* 2 Cat drenches in a row.

10 ml Cationic Root Drench + 1 ml Tea / 8500 ml water

-

* Followed by alternate feedings of:

-

10 mL Growth Energy + 1 mL Tea + 2ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

-

-

12 mL Transplant + 1 mL Tea / 8500 ml water

Brix every 7 days (4 ml Brix / 120 ml water)
De-Stress every 10 days (2 ml De-Stress / 120 ml water)

* From weeks 5 to finish, alternate between deep soakings and gallon top-offs. The last 2 or 3 weeks top off with just enough to keep the medium slightly moist.

- 10 Gallon Flower and Bud Swell -

Alternate between:

7.5 ml Growth Energy + 0.75 mL Tea + 2ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

-

-

9.5 ml Transplant + 0.75 mL Tea / 8500 ml water

-

* From weeks 5 to finish, alternate between deep soakings and gallon top-offs. The last 2 or 3 weeks top off with just enough to keep the medium slightly moist.

Do i need to add Epsom's? Top dress with castings? Any tips?

Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I've checked in, lots of catching up to do.

I've been having some issues with the c'99 strain on the last few plants from week 3 till harvest. Usually start getting slightly taco'd leaves and then they start fading and curling up, becoming really yellow and leaves falling off by harvest time. My other strains don't do this.

IMG_20161219_072137.jpg

My feed schedule is pretty much the same as shown here:

Baseline Feed Schedule (per plant)

- 1 Gallon Seedling -

.2 ml Transplant / 1100 ml water

Until you get 5 sets of leaves.

- 1 Gallon Veg w/ Drenches and Foliars -

Alternate between:

1 mL Growth Energy + 0.1 mL Tea + .2 ml Transplant / 1100 ml water

-

.2 ml Transplant /1100 ml water

- 1-7 Gallon Upcanning -

- 7 Gallon Veg -

Alternate between:

5.0 ml Growth Energy + 0.5 ml Tea + 1.4 ml Transplant / 6000 ml water

-

1.4 ml Transplant / 6000 ml water

*Switch to flowering

- 7-10 Gallon Upcanning -

- 10 Gallon Early Bloom Stretch -

Alternate between:

10 ml Growth Energy + 1 ml Tea + 2 ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

-

-

12 ml Transplant + 1 ml Tea / 8500 ml water

-

Brix every 7 days (2 ml Brix / 60 ml water)
De-Stress every 10 days (1 ml De-Stress / 60 ml water)

* For the first 4 weeks of bloom, water just enough to keep the medium moist, not wet. After about 4 weeks of this the roots are circling the bottom of the container and you can afford to give them a good soaking.

* 3 weeks after light period switch scratch Recharge into medium surface. Water.

- 10 Gallon Bud Setting -

* 2 Cat drenches in a row.

-

* Followed by alternate feedings of:

-

10 mL Growth Energy + 1 mL Tea + 2ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

-

-

12 mL Transplant + 1 mL Tea / 8500 ml water

- 10 Gallon Flower and Bud Swell -

Alternate between:

7.5 ml Growth Energy + 0.75 mL Tea + 2ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

-

-

9.5 ml Transplant + 0.75 mL Tea / 8500 ml water

-

Do i need to add Epsom's? Top dress with castings? Any tips?

Try to top dress Epsoms about 2 weeks prior to when you would normally see the problems. Adding WayAhead to the Brix spray will also be helpful.

I'd also bump feedings up about 30%. Should solve the problem.

How much Epsom's for a 7 gallon pot?

I ordered some way ahead awhile ago but I just started incorporating it into my foliar program last week. I'll make the changes you noted with the next c'99 going into flower and let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again!

Which breeder's c-99 are you growing? Mine was from Female seeds, and I got 4oz and I not using the kit to it's fullest. I just flipped the latest clone, and I have been following kit instructions to a T with her and she is looking even better then the last. :peace:

How much Epsom's for a 7 gallon pot?

I ordered some way ahead awhile ago but I just started incorporating it into my foliar program last week. I'll make the changes you noted with the next c'99 going into flower and let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again!

I literally grab a handful of it and sprinkle it on the top of the soil. When I water, I always pour an quart or so slowly down the top, and 3 quarts into the saucer to wick up, so the Epsoms find their way into the root zone slowly and steadily.

Birdhouse, hope your day is groovin. With the Epsoms, as Doc just mentioned, the most important thing with them , is to introduce them like Doc said , before you see those common symptoms. What i find works with certain strains (salt lovin bitches) is to top dress with Epsoms at "flip" time. The nice part about doing it this way , is they (Mg.) get to the roots before obvious symptoms occur. Birdhouse, don't forget to make a note of which "run" of soil your working with too! If you have third run, say, and have been adding Epsoms thru the whole process, the soil will have a build-up. After all , it's all in a container...everything we put in our pots stays there , so salts build up over time, just look at someone's soft pots after a couple/few grows...you can clearly see the "salt lines" and build up. Cheers Birdhouse, Doc, Gang....have a great day. :Namaste:

"Mental Health day" for me....:tokin:

Which breeder's c-99 are you growing? Mine was from Female seeds, and I got 4oz and I not using the kit to it's fullest. I just flipped the latest clone, and I have been following kit instructions to a T with her and she is looking even better then the last. :peace:

Mine is female seeds as well. I'm getting around 5 oz now with 10 weeks of veg from seed, finishing in a 7 gallon smart pot.

Thus begins the war on bugs. Gonna run a 3x regimen of azamax of like 12-14 days, interspersed with respective brix and diluted destress basically every other morning pre-dawn (ie, they get sprayed every other day, each one, once a week). I've been blastin em so much lately the water spots had me scairt of PM...until i noticed it was on the big top leaves hahah in the light and wind.....everything gives me a coronary in the garden these days...

Hopefully we can keep these buggers goin to day 70 and they'll have a couple weeks to just chill at the end.

war_on_bugs.JPG

Day 41, battlin'

day_34a1.jpg

day34b2.jpg

Next probably gonna do epsoms, ewc and a og drench or 2...how often u guys use og drench? I got the mix destructions but not sure how many applications how often...

If everything looks good gonna try to run a bunch of plain water at the end and flush em a bit, I dont think I can do it like doc suggested with my giant pots (cant lift em~!) Open to suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom