Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks! Ok cool. Yea that was another point I forgot to mention about the brix not keeping. Thanks for the guidance!

That's is a great reference Gray, thanks. I have a 2x5 and I'm using 4-5 oz, so sounds like I'm on the right track!

Yep, 1ml per oz of water is what I do as well... just wish they made a sprayer that was more efficient at using all the product in the bottle. Like this old kitchen cleaner bottle I have but dont use on my plants. It actually has the "straw" built into the bottle itself, runs all the way to the bottom, and you just lean it back a bit to use almost every drop. The spray head just has a nub of straw sticking out that goes into the bottle. Any ideas on spray bottles that are more efficient?

Yep, 1ml per oz of water is what I do as well... just wish they made a sprayer that was more efficient at using all the product in the bottle. Like this old kitchen cleaner bottle I have but dont use on my plants. It actually has the "straw" built into the bottle itself, runs all the way to the bottom, and you just lean it back a bit to use almost every drop. The spray head just has a nub of straw sticking out that goes into the bottle. Any ideas on spray bottles that are more efficient?

i use bottles and tops and many other items(glycerine, etc) from here..The 4 oz bottles are great and the mist is very fine..great for small gardens/few plants..
Essential Oils, Soap Making Supplies & More | Bulk Apothecary

Are you guys using the whole quart of Brix when you apply? Roughly 5-6oz of mixed spray per plant?

I've been doing about 1/2 -1 oz per plant because I was trying to avoid spraying to much to where it drips off. Ive been mixing in smaller batches too to lessen waste. Usually I just mix 4ml Brix to 5 oz RO. I use a "flairosol" sprayer I found on the zon, sprays a really fine mist like an aresol can... I guess I'm just wondering if I am I giving them enough? Plants look great, so I guess if it aint broke.... Just wondering how much everyone else is using?

I spray approximately 20 plants with a quart of Brix. I use a Solo sprayer, pressure kept high so it puts out a fine mist.

Quick update on my Extended Under Leaf fine mist spray gun.

Just used the new improved version last night and have to say I really like it,
so far its working wonderfully, Easy reach and the spray goes right up into the underside
of the plant. Over-spray is Now nearly eliminated.

I will probably post an instruction sheet and Material Cut list once I do the one
for the 7 & 10 gal dunk-able SCROG Pot. Decided that will be my NUMBER 420 Post
so if your interested keep an eye out for my 420 Post

Redirect below for link to original post with picture

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

OK here is the picture of the home made Brix mister.

I Re-Vamped it, Cool I never get to use the word VAMP.
As you may be able to notice I switched the misting end,
it now has a very very fine mist :).

Had to cut-up another spray head to utilize the nozzle but
it out worked very well. Everything is a tight push fit so its all
still water tight, well that is except for the last modification I
used heat to seal the new nozzle onto the adjustment side of
the mister and plug the old spray end.

Now I have my Under the leaf fine mist brix spray Gun

mist2.jpg
I need that

I need that

Stay tuned for build instructions, Total cost was under 5 dollars.
Misting head was around 2.59 and the 2 spray bottles were less than
a couple dollars and that's all thats needed.

Nice advantage is bottle can be held in the upright position so no
more problem with low levels of Fluid moving away from the pickup
when tilted :)

Does anyone know how much amendment to cook a batch of soil? Either by cups or weight. I know it's one bag, but for those of us who maybe get it in bulk. Thanks in advance guys.

A pound and a half - simple as that. :thumb: Try to get an even mix of particle sizes.

:Namaste:

Buddpell, would like to offer you a big , warm welcome to 420 Mag. You have stumbled upon the coolest weed forum on the web...no question. The members around these parts are mostly growing in soil , and of those , most are using Doc's gear with a high level of repeated success! They are full of integrity and will offer you help , tips and suggestions to make your experience a very successful one. Please feel free to get around to some of the other HB journals to get a feel for our most awesome group. Please enter our journals with a smile and good attitude while leaving any 'ego' at the door...do these lil things for us , and i guarantee you ,..ya won't wanna leave this place. Once again Buddpell,..welcome to the 'mag'.:cheer::welcome::high-five::420::circle-of-love:

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:ganjamon::party:

Back
Top Bottom