Dr Bob Comes Home With Fruit Punch & Lemonista Aid - So Please Don't Be Critical

I haven't read all the way back, but read enough to know I an learn something from the subscribers you have collected. My first grow is closing up so I've finally got some decent free time to spend in everyone else's gardens. heheh

Alright, let's get to growin' in this here place! :)

Ive got some stretchy little ladies too any tips on what to do if you get some seedlings that are a little to energetic with there vertical growth?
I assumed some of mine would be a little stretchy with the JH genes

PS. your flower room looks amazing!

I have done it a couple ways. Either from below or above. Above with a screen or tomato cages, or in this grow I am back to doing it from below with string and clips. PeeJay has some incredible porta scrogs going now in his journal.

I have been adjusting these everyday to keep the top as flat as is reasonable. A screen would have been easier, but it would make pulling the plants hard if not impossible. I really think the space dictates the solution.
Tied_from_below_1-25-16.jpg

Then some bend over the branches horizontally and do even more extreme things to control tall growth. Just look at what b.real does in his space. It is incredible.

Speaking of controlling stretch. Lets look at how much things can get out of hand in just a few days.
Stuffed_Tent_1-25-16.jpg

They are taking off so fast that I can hardly tighten the lines holding them back fast enough. It is about to be out of my control effectively.
Group_Shot_1-25-16.jpg

I love flowering fun!
Bob

Ive got some stretchy little ladies too any tips on what to do if you get some seedlings that are a little to energetic with there vertical growth?
I assumed some of mine would be a little stretchy with the JH genes

PS. your flower room looks amazing!

Hi ja,

Generally a long stringy stalk on a seedling is caused by high nitrogen, low light, or both. This can cause the seedling to grow to fast and fall over.

For seedlings use a seed starter mix (very low nutes) and a t5 or florescent light. I drop mine to about 10-12 inches above the seedlings.

I also use bamboo or toothpicks and rubber coated plant wire to gently support them if they grow to fast. A fan with a light breeze will also help them stay low to the soil :) :love:

You can tell I wasn't reading this morning closely enough! Seedlings! Got it. Do what the other Dr says. I think a fan, more than you think they would want, and light at just the right height is the trick.

Also, since I train by LST I don't always mind a bit of stretch at first really.

Short attention span theater from Bob

You're right Bob, things are going to get a little tight in your tent soon, but that is a damn good problem to have. I could choose just one issue to have in a grow, then that would be it. :goodjob:

Hi bob. I am a university of Vermont agriculture grad (back in the 90's) who just found your threads. I enjoy watching your exploits. Have you any thoughts on top shelf genetics for indoors in 2016 that's united states based like bog or sun Rosa?

Sent from my LGL33L using 420

:popcorn:

Missed 15 pages, but I'm jumping on the bumper for the rest of this ride. No fast corners Dr Bob.
Ditto!

To sit and read the first 16 pages at once was worth it. I got to see the Fruit Punch go from an ugly duckling to a gorgeous young lady. Nice recovery Bob, I'm here for the duration.

Goodstuff Mon!

Hi bob. I am a university of Vermont agriculture grad (back in the 90's) who just found your threads. I enjoy watching your exploits. Have you any thoughts on top shelf genetics for indoors in 2016 that's united states based like bog or sun Rosa?

Hey there vermonstah! Love the fan leaf pic. I missed your first post and failed to welcome you properly. :welcome:

Regarding genetics I wish I had more access to stuff in the States but here in AK that sorta thing is tough still. Soon it will get easier but for now I am always heading to Herbies to get stuff from the big international "breeders". Assuming that they are actually breeding and not just rebranding someone elses work.

For what it is worth, my favorite strains have come from Delicious Seeds, Mandala, Royal Queen, and Barney's. I want to get more Dutch Passion and HSO on my next list and I would love to have GDP sometime.

Great to have you here!
Bob

You're right Bob, things are going to get a little tight in your tent soon, but that is a damn good problem to have. I could choose just one issue to have in a grow, then that would be it. :goodjob:

It is going to be so much fun to see this move ahead. I haven't pushed any boundaries in my grows forever and I am excited about them again!

:high-five:
Bob

He he running out of room is fun and makes life more interesting! Looking damn primed to bust out big buds, bravo!

Thanks LA. Today when I got back from my trip they had stretched and that tiny bit of room I had may now be gone after some restraining happens. Gotta keep the flat top flat eh?

:Namaste:
Bob

Back
Top Bottom