DrZiggy's 1st Journal Featuring High Brix - LEDs & Cool Strains

SWICK#1
DSCN3959.JPG
DSCN39582.JPG

these plants are way bigger than last SWICK. I think they're less than 3 weeks old..or just about

Why do you think they're bigger than the first group? What did you do differently?

Why do you think they're bigger than the first group? What did you do differently?

I think they are bigger because they are bigger. :) This SWICK was started in a SWICK and in first run soil. The other SWICK, #1, was not started as a SWICK, and the soil I think, 1/2 first run, 1/2 used.

also the light :) is different on this SWICK.

They're under the P450. What was the first tray under during this period? Forgive me for not looking myself Ziggy. It's a lot to keep up with considering. :blushsmile:

Beautiful Zig!!

Ok then, a significant improvement in lighting on that tray. Light is the engine that drives the grow. Keeping that in mind. I need to take the time to check out T5s today. I'll be getting the shelf unit and lights for it this next week. :slide:

Have a wonderful day Ziggy. See you around. :battingeyelashes:

Ok then, a significant improvement in lighting on that tray. Light is the engine that drives the grow. Keeping that in mind. I need to take the time to check out T5s today. I'll be getting the shelf unit and lights for it this next week. :slide:

Have a wonderful day Ziggy. See you around. :battingeyelashes:

Mornin Ziggs....Sweetsue, ya might want to consider buying much less expensive T8's .They will work just as good and are a lot cheaper and readily avail. If you do, try and get the 6500K lamps for the fixture. I just don't know why everyone is tricked into buying those T5 fixtures. being a Sparky I work with ALL types of Flour. fixtures every day here at the university. Price a fancy T5 then price a regular T8 fixture from your local BB store.....see! Absolutely NO need for those T5's. Cheers SS.

Duggan, I am listening carefully...about to move my 3rd Platinum LED from the veg room to the flower room so will need a new veg lite...am not going to spring for another LED at the moment...have priced out T5's and now you are saying get a T8 6500K....will look into it, thanks for the tip....

Mornin Ziggs....Sweetsue, ya might want to consider buying much less expensive T8's .They will work just as good and are a lot cheaper and readily avail. If you do, try and get the 6500K lamps for the fixture. I just don't know why everyone is tricked into buying those T5 fixtures. being a Sparky I work with ALL types of Flour. fixtures every day here at the university. Price a fancy T5 then price a regular T8 fixture from your local BB store.....see! Absolutely NO need for those T5's. Cheers SS.

Duggan, why aren't you closer so you can actually feel the hugs? Thank you so much. I didn't even take time yet to look, so reps baby. I'll check them out.

I'm glad you pointed this out. I've wondered the same thing. T5 appears to have about a 10% increase in efficiency over T8 but at more than twice the cost (typically). It makes more sense to me to use T8 even if it means more of them.

I'm glad you pointed this out. I've wondered the same thing. T5 appears to have about a 10% increase in efficiency over T8 but at more than twice the cost (typically). It makes more sense to me to use T8 even if it means more of them.

You got it Major.....now your talkin brotha. Those fancy T5's. are a huge waste of money. Of course they want you to buy the new ones....don't it's simply a big waste. I'm very serious here Gang....a basic 2 or 4 lamp T8 fixture will work for everyone and do the same job. This really bothers me....the manufacturers won't tell you this though will they? I work...like I said with ALL kinds of these fixtures,every day. Why not just do what I did....get a crappy old T12 fixture for peanuts from a garage sale....change out the ballast or ballasts for T8,electronic ballasts and presto....done.No special sockets (like the T5's.have) nothing fancy at all....but they will work like new....cuz they are ,really. BTW , this is exactly what I did and my Fl. fixture serves me very well whenever I start a new crop. Have a great day Gang....Cheers....Duggs.:circle-of-love:

I'm not sure if the fixtures I have can have their ballast changed. Gotta check when I get home.

Hey Boogs...let me know what you have, and if you can ,show me with a pic or two....i'l help you out.Every fixture (almost) will have a replaceable ballast....just duplicate the connections...but with a new electronic T8 ballast...they are around 20-40 bones ...not bad eh.Do this little conversion and you r off to the races .

I just checked the 'bay and you can get a brand-new 4ft, 6-bulb T8 fixture with bulbs for $110 shipped. :cheesygrinsmiley: Bulbs alone are about $4 shipped, depending on volume.

Back
Top Bottom