Duggan Does Bubba Hash & DP's: Lemon Zkittles

Sounds like you had a great meal and time last night Duggs and a busy one today, cheers bud. :peace:
Thanks Newb...was a good time , for sure. Even have an extra lobster cuz my oldest sis's man didn't want one....:reading420magazine: Transplanting is completed . This is also 4th run DBHBB soil. The old will be recycled and made into 5th run for next crop. Bubba Hash remains in the back and Lemon Zkittles up front. Both pots got about 3 gal's. of a weak Trans/Tea mix, with Doc's 'Roots' sprinkled around , and in the hole...like we all do.
Will get some pics up when time permits . Cheers gang...glad this is done for another 4 months...yeepa , yeepa!
:circle-of-love:

5 gal's . is TOOOOO small. Only good for low yielding small 'fun' grows .Seedling i highly recommend growing in at least 10's..preferably 15's. If ya wanna grow smaller plants , then go with 5's....PFFT!!
Yeah, I know where you are at on this subject. I definitely won't be going as small as 5 again but 7 has been in serious consideration. I will be indecisive until that last second anyways.

"Round Movable Planter Dolly Trolley Tray Pallet with Caster Wheels and a Water Container" is available on Amazon Canada in sizes from 9.4" to 17.7". Prices range from $16.90 to $44.55.

You could put your risers in these. They have a removable drawer to catch run off.

"Round Movable Planter Dolly Trolley Tray Pallet with Caster Wheels and a Water Container" is available on Amazon Canada in sizes from 9.4" to 17.7". Prices range from $16.90 to $44.55.

You could put your risers in these. They have a removable drawer to catch run off.
Ooooh! I will have to get the tape measure out and see whet the base is when I get back home. I forget, but they are pretty huge.

Yup....the internet thinks the diameter I am working with is 17.25" and the biggest one is too small! It says 17.7".....but that is the outside diameter. The inside is only just under 16"
Screenshot_20190721-131223_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I was thinking a tray, with egg crate to keep the pot up a little so it can drain. Mount the tray in a DIY trolley. Drill a hole in the tray for a Watts elbow. Run irrigation tubing to a central collection point. Use Watts connectors at the collection point.

The tubing would be easy to disconnect for plant maintenance/movement. The base of the pot could be no more than 2" above ground level.

Why bother with that method....the pot already has holes in it for drainage...right...just let it drain out onto the catch tray ,like everyone else...wtf?

I was considering fabric pots. I don't know if I'll stick with them. I suspect they add a lot of humidity to the air in the tent.

Why bother with that method....the pot already has holes in it for drainage...right...just let it drain out onto the catch tray ,like everyone else...wtf?
I'm not understanding the need for that stuff..
Yeah, I hear ya. I need to search for solid trays. If I am actually at 17.25 I need bigger. I can see a cheap cast plant trolley for less than $20 I can just go buy at the store. I have a hard time finding trays that big though. Two of the grow shops here carry the pots, but don't have trays that big. That is what I mean about working with smaller pots, cause I can just go to the store and walk away with what I need. I have shopped until I am blue in the face and still don't know where to get stuff that big.

I was considering fabric pots. I don't know if I'll stick with them. I suspect they add a lot of humidity to the air in the tent.

There are two things I don't like about the fabric pots. First is that I have read you can make the roots unhappy if you lift them too much...and second when they are dry there is a gap between the fabric and the soil. When you water too close to the edge it all just runs straight down to the bottom.

Yeah, I hear ya. I need to search for solid trays. If I am actually at 17.25 I need bigger. I can see a cheap cast plant trolley for less than $20 I can just go buy at the store. I have a hard time finding trays that big though. Two of the grow shops here carry the pots, but don't have trays that big. That is what I mean about working with smaller pots, cause I can just go to the store and walk away with what I need. I have shopped until I am blue in the face and still don't know where to get stuff that big.

There are two things I don't like about the fabric pots. First is that I have read you can make the roots unhappy if you lift them too much...and second when they are dry there is a gap between the fabric and the soil. When you water too close to the edge it all just runs straight down to the bottom.

I know wat ya mean Seedling, about the trays. It was/is still one of the hardest things to locate. I have seen many growers use those big clear cheapo ones...they would work awesome. You will find them. U are getting/got a bigger tent correct?
If so , then i highly recommend running either two 15-20's or four 10's, Wat are your final pot sizes gonna be...have u decided that yet? That, of course will determine the 'tray' size/s....:passitleft:

Yes, and about fabric pots. They do work well,...but they also are hard to water properly as mentioned, and soil dries out , far too quickly around the outer sides/edges. And like u said , it's easy to stress the roots when moving and working with them, so..Your best bet is to grab some nursery pots of watever size you decide,..they're cheap , then grab trays that are much bigger than needed . Places to look all big box stores, hardware stores, nursery's, C Tire, If internet search fails.
You will find them , somewhere , and then say, "i shoulda looked there from the start"...Cheers eh.

Yes, and about fabric pots. They do work well,...but they also are hard to water properly as mentioned, and soil dries out , far too quickly around the outer sides/edges. And like u said , it's easy to stress the roots when moving and working with them, so..

I have cages around mine to help protect the roots, and maintain their shape. They have been great for coco grows.

I was thinking of moving to air pots, or the rootmaker system to reduce the evaporation from the root balls. The4 problems are cost, and shipping.

I know wat ya mean Seedling, about the trays. It was/is still one of the hardest things to locate. I have seen many growers use those big clear cheapo ones...they would work awesome. You will find them. U are getting/got a bigger tent correct?
If so , then i highly recommend running either two 15-20's or four 10's, Wat are your final pot sizes gonna be...have u decided that yet? That, of course will determine the 'tray' size/s....:passitleft:
I am moving out of the tent and just setting up inside the room...no tent for this next one. That is why I am a little concerned with getting the floors wet too much....I really can't do that in here. I want to have a clean set up. In the tent I can spill a bit no worries cause it is really made to contain spills.

I have time to figure out pots. Later today when I get back home I will go over what I do have. I honestly don't know what I actually have! The big pots I have are 10 gallon according to two shops here....but they are huge! I will throw up measurements later and figure it out, but I am pretty sure they are 15. If they are in fact #10's I don't want to ever see a #15! :laugh: I got some smaller ones I scored from a garbage pile. They look like #5's but I could be wrong.

I am moving out of the tent and just setting up inside the room...no tent for this next one. That is why I am a little concerned with getting the floors wet too much....I really can't do that in here. I want to have a clean set up. In the tent I can spill a bit no worries cause it is really made to contain spills.

I have time to figure out pots. Later today when I get back home I will go over what I do have. I honestly don't know what I actually have! The big pots I have are 10 gallon according to two shops here....but they are huge! I will throw up measurements later and figure it out, but I am pretty sure they are 15. If they are in fact #10's I don't want to ever see a #15! :laugh: I got some smaller ones I scored from a garbage pile. They look like #5's but I could be wrong.

Make a basin out of 6mil polythene sheet, meranti plywood, and 2 X 4's. Put the poly UNDER the plywood/2X4s so you're not walking on it. To finish, you can use sheet vinyl flooring on the inside,

Make a basin out of 6mil polythene sheet, meranti plywood, and 2 X 4's. Put the poly UNDER the plywood/2X4s so you're not walking on it. To finish, you can use sheet vinyl flooring on the inside,
I want to try and keep everything as simple as I can to start out this room. I have all hardwood, so it isn't all that bad. If I can keep a clean setup I should be all good.

Thanks Blazin. Ya, this soil makes growing fun , for sure. Not so much worrying about things.You should easily get over 2 pounds from 11 plants. I have found the key to large yields is mainly 2 things ...lots of soil and lots of light. If u can manage to give them lots of each , and keep your enviro decent, then all else takes care of itself. Your girl with the Indica growth patterns but thin bladed leaves is a curiosity for sure. maybe post a pic of her here , so we can have a peek at her. Yes, last grow was the four Sativas from ACE....two A5 X Panamas and two A5 Killer Haze.
Anyhow , enjoy the day bud...Fri. at last. (been on vacation all week..lol)....cheers eh:high-five:

mornin to ya Farmers.....my soil is now 4th run (last grow with the four Sativas was in 4th run too)
My 4th run will be re amended ,cut with some fresh PM, re cooked and used as 5th run when needed for next grow.
Your garden will love our soil. Cheers.:high-five:

Hey brother hows it going today hope everything in the garden an in life in general is going great 4u man. Here is that girl I flipped to flower jus a day ana half to 2days ago an already it's almost halfway up my tent lmao. I think I may have drastically misjudged things a bit lol. If they keep this up for the next 2 weeks I definitely will run out of room lol. So we will see what they look like then but as of now here they are. It's weird i figured she wuda growen more sativa like considering her look but started growing like an indica more shorter an bushier but her sister next to her is definitely growing tall an hella fast lol.

The left sided girl is the one growing like an indica but has thin leaves like a sativa. But the right sided one is growing crazy fast. I actually tied the right one down more to see if that wud help slow it down an if anything it jus made her grow even faster lol. But yea they should make some good bud quality come harvest.

Back
Top Bottom