Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

Holy Cow my friends, just since the last posting there has been visible growth! Nan has just risen her new top growth to the point that I could easily nip the new tip, whereas earlier I couldn't quite see getting my little scissors down on it. N just got her 2nd cut. It feels very prepubescent in the room right now... I expect to see signs any moment.
The top 2 plants have not been idle either. Node 2's tips have now breached the large fan leaf at the very top and have worked their way around it to reach the canopy and these will need to be topped soon. Offhand, if I had to guess, and was forced to give my opinion; I would say that the plants like 20,000 LUX..
DSCF7194.JPG

Buddy the wonder dog came in to help this afternoon. He likes to check out all fluids and really gets concerned if anything odd is happening downstairs.

DSCF7191.JPG

Plants look amazing. Buddy looks curiously concerned. lol

Thank you Amy! Not just pretty, but highly functional too... stops the flying critter's life cycles cold.
Hey @Emilya , I know there are some harmful woods that shouldn’t be used in mulch for Cannabis , if I’m not mistaken. But could you let me know what your using just so I know one that is safe or a mixture of. Your grow is looking absolutely astounding, bravo the amount of detail in your posts and how in-depth your connection with your plants is inspirational , I had no idea a curled leaf tip ( with no other deficiencies or toxicities ) meant a root being pruned . Everything I read of your I am learning something new, and if I read it again I pick up on something else . Your journal work is impeccable, and it makes things a pleasure to read. :peace::Namaste:

Hey @Emilya , I know there are some harmful woods that shouldn’t be used in mulch for Cannabis , if I’m not mistaken. But could you let me know what your using just so I know one that is safe or a mixture of. Your grow is looking absolutely astounding, bravo the amount of detail in your posts and how in-depth your connection with your plants is inspirational , I had no idea a curled leaf tip ( with no other deficiencies or toxicities ) meant a root being pruned . Everything I read of your I am learning something new, and if I read it again I pick up on something else . Your journal work is impeccable, and it makes things a pleasure to read. :peace::Namaste:
Be sure to avoid cedar and walnut, and all will be fine. Thank you for the very kind words about my journal... maybe I will make JOTM one of these days!

Veg, Day 26

Yesterday was a sort of waiting day in the tent. No one is yet showing definitive signs of sex, and I still suspect my two largest plants of being female. The world holds it's breath as we wait to see.
All plants synchronized again last night. I started watering T and R, the two biggest, last night around 5pm, and by 11pm it was obvious that they all could use water. T & R are on a 48 hour cycle still, and the rest are still at 3 and 4 days. I am giving a double strength mix of Recharge every other watering, so they all got microbed again. I like the ease of using the Recharge instead of having to spend 2 days anticipating a watering, and timing an AACT to be finished at the same time. All indications are that the Recharge is doing exactly what it should be doing, and all plants look to be in perfect shape nutritionally.
The two lead plants will need to be topped again today, with the 2nd node tips now reaching the canopy.
I have Andesite (volcanic mineral mix) on the way to mix in with the soil for the final containers, and I am going to observe any changes to the grow because of it. My eventual goal is to have a soil profile that is capable of growing some of the Hawaiian varieties in a close approximation of the island's volcanic soil's special capabilities. We will see first how this mainland pot reacts to it.

This evening I confirmed that at 20k lux I am still getting leaf damage at the top of the canopy. After some thought I have made another change in the lighting, at least for now, after remembering that Timber started advising people to run their COBs without the Angelina reflectors. I am starting to understand that in veg and at this close distance, the light can just be too intense. I am equally sure that in flower we should be able to add back the reflectors and really intensify the light on the buds... but in veg, I am learning that we need to be careful with this very intense artificial sunlight.

I have removed all of my reflectors, knowing that I take an efficiency hit in doing so, and upped the wattage about 30% to put 20k back at the same place in the upper canopy. I need to see if the now more diffused light is more bearable for the plants, at the same intensity.

I am also starting to wonder if @santero gave me feminized seeds or if the first time ever I have gotten lucky and had all females. He never has given me anything but regulars before, but what do I do if I actually have 5 females here? There is no way in a 2x4 that I can let them get as big as I was planning and this would change all the plans made for this grow, unless I just wanted to grow out 3 of the best. This has become a consideration because I see nodes beginning to alternate. I see the little microscopic pre-calyxes starting to form, everything looks female to me, and yet, despite all this maturity going on, no male parts have appeared. They usually show up early... like now. hmmm

So, I am still watching them very carefully to see what develops. Water use is going crazy, on all the plants, even the younger ones that are trying to catch up. The top two are quickly developing into perfect bushes, with 18 nodes showing right now, and that quickly that will become 36 or more.

DSCF7196.JPG
DSCF7195.JPG

Veg, Day 27

Mark, good to see you. We were just wondering about you this weekend and what you were up to these days. I do hope your conversion to 3rd world living is going well.

Not a lot going on in the tent this morning; everyone is growing fast, and it is too early yet to see what effect the change in lighting is going to have. When I went to check on them last night about an hour before lights out, all the plants had drooped as if getting ready for the night, so I really didn't know what to think about their reaction to 2 hours without the reflectors. This morning they were perky and reaching for the light again, so we will see.

T was the only one that got water this morning, she was quite light and I wasn't comfortable letting her go all day while I am at work. The rest of them still had some water weight, so we will see this evening how many actually need water.

T also got her first cut on the node #2 growth tip that has now reached canopy level. Every node has been tipped at this point except node #1, which usually I reserve for taking clones, this time we are going to watch them rise to the top.

There are still no signs of pistils or balls... but then again, the 5 week point is usually when we start seeing undeniable proof, but it does greatly concern me to not see early male indications on my fastest growers. Crossed fingers and toes... we shall see when it is time.

I do have an announcement to make. I have entered into a testing agreement with our sponsor Vulx! They are shipping us some Vulx to run a side by side test with, and I will make every attempt to adjust watering so as to show the advantages of using a product such as this in our containers. I am excited to take on this experiment and I thank the nice people at Vulx for giving me this opportunity! @Vulx
vulx logo.png

In addition to this, I am including Andesite Mineral Complex in the final soil build to get closer to a volcanic island soil profile and we will start looking for indications that these special minerals are enhancing our grow.

Vulx is a product where they claim you only need to feed and water 50% the normal amount or atleat the side by side grow I watched was , the vulx plants didn’t look so good , but it was in testing stage I’m pretty sure they did some changes to counter this , but I actually followed it on this website. I just can’t remember who did it or I’d link them into this , congrats emilya I hope to see this product work , if anyone can do a fair comparison it’s you. Do they still claim 50% less water and nutrients needed to grow your plants ?

what will you be comparing it too? Have you used this soil ammendment before?
I have not used this mineral amendment before, but my theory is that many of our soils, including the SubCool mix that I use along with a base of FFOF and Roots Organic 101, do not have the full profile of beneficial minerals, elements that still are not commonly understood to be desired by our plants. I postulate that the new soil created from magma contains things that our plants typically do not see, and that these elements are what contributes to the quality of pot grown in Hawaii. I expect to see a much more complete flavor profile and I expect much more vibrant colors from my flowers. This will be a subjective evaluation only with no side by side, but if I am right, I think that I will see a distinct improvement in many aspects of the grow and final harvest all with the eventual goal to be able to properly grow some very exotic pot in my basement.

@Emilya if I wanted to make my own lights and I obvs want the best of the best , can you send me a link to the company you ordered your stuff from to make your light
Use your favorite search engine to find RapidLED. I was able to order everything I needed in my first large order, along with a 10% first order discount.

Back
Top Bottom