Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

Vulx is a product where they claim you only need to feed and water 50% the normal amount or atleat the side by side grow I watched was , the vulx plants didn’t look so good , but it was in testing stage I’m pretty sure they did some changes to counter this , but I actually followed it on this website. I just can’t remember who did it or I’d link them into this , congrats emilya I hope to see this product work , if anyone can do a fair comparison it’s you. Do they still claim 50% less water and nutrients needed to grow your plants ?
I think it was @InTheShed who did that first side by side and I am not sure what happened there to make the Vulx grow not preform as expected. I don't know if they have changed anything since then, but the product does claim to allow you to use 50% less. Since I don't use nutes, but only add supplements to my plants, the water use is going to be the primary thing affected, but I do expect the product to hold onto calmag, terpinator, and even the microlife a little longer than normally would happen in an non Vulx grow. I believe that the Vulx will enhance these aspects of my grow, making these things more available to the plants full time, even though the water cycle will change. I like to see just how much water I can get my blooming plants to take, always pushing them to take more. I believe that Vulx will allow me to water less often, but use more water in the process... but experiments will determine the best way to approach this puzzle.

do you have your cob lite build in a thread Emmy?
no, I figured that @fanleaf had that covered well, no need to repeat it. I just put a few pictures in my last grow journal as I was completing the project, just so everyone could see the size and configuration of the lights.

Thank you so much for that em. Are you using the chilled pucks or making your own custom spectrum ?? Is there anyway I could see what you have made emilya ? Just so I can get some ideas of my own ?
I will get you some pictures when I get home if you haven't been able to find the few I put on the last grow journal. Be sure to check out @fanleaf 's thread on the build of his huge $4500 COB array. I am using regular 3590 3000k COBs and for future grows I am going to add 2 more 5000k COBs to the array to make the light spectrum a bit more in line with the actual output of the sun. The 3000k lights are more centered in on the red side of the spectrum and have a little bit of deficit in the blue portion of the spectrum... and adding a couple of 5000k cobs will correct that and hopefully make this array CRI 100... a 100% true representation of the output of the sun.

do you have your cob lite build in a thread Emmy?
no, I figured that @fanleaf had that covered well, no need to repeat it. I just put a few pictures in my last grow journal as I was completing the project, just so everyone could see the size and configuration of the lights.

There's a link in my signature block to my take on a COB based fixture.

Looks like I need to touch bases with @TurboBucket on this too. After reading the end of your thread @InTheShed I am curious about the new formulation and what @Vulx recommends that I do with it in an organic grow, both in the supersoil bottom 1/3 and the top base mix. At the moment I can't see why the ratio should be any different for either layer.

I promised some pictures of my DIY COB light, which I might add that I would love to be able to compare against the newest Mars product. Hint Hint :)
I have named it the Pink Sparkly Momma Beast Light and more accurately it is a 6x CREE CXB3590 Array.
Without further ado:

DSCF7206.JPG
DSCF7204.JPG
DSCF7203.JPG
DSCF7200.JPG
DSCF7199.JPG
DSCF7198.JPG
DSCF7197.JPG

This evening's update just brings news of more rapid growth and amazing water use. I watered everyone just plain water a while ago... everyone but the runt. N is catching up, but there is only so much she can do... and she looks to be on a 2/12 day schedule now, while everyone else is still hovering around 48 hours. B and G caught up with the big ones a little today too, with node 3 reaching the top and needing a trim. Still no sign of sex.
The lighting seems to have been figured out. In the diffused light the leaves have calmed down and have stopped ridging... I think we have hit on the same problem that Timber realized... with the Angelina reflectors simply too much energy was being beamed down in a cone below the COB for veg... possibly for bloom too... we will be watching carefully. I am hoping that with enough distance, that the reflectors will give the penetration power we need in bloom, while still not hurting the older and tougher leaves. I am watching a Timber grow journal too, to see if I can glean any clues from what they are doing.

Looks like I need to touch bases with @TurboBucket on this too. After reading the end of your thread @InTheShed I am curious about the new formulation and what @Vulx recommends that I do with it in an organic grow, both in the supersoil bottom 1/3 and the top base mix. At the moment I can't see why the ratio should be any different for either layer.

Essentially we recommend this:

• for soils that are 0-1.5kg/gallon (~0-3lbs) (most cannabis potting soils), use 75g/gallon as a minimum application amount
  • if the soil is anywhere between 1.5-2.5kg/gallon (~3-5lbs), then use 125g/gallon.
  • for anything heavier than that, use 5% weight by volume ( 0.5 kg of Vulx per 10kg of soil / 0.5lb of Vulx per 10lbs soil).
If the density of the top and bottom layer are not substantially different then I don't see why you'd need to apply different amounts to one or the other.

Veg, Day 28

This morning, at the beginning of the 5th week we finally see an indication of sex... maybe two of them! T, the biggest plant has put a little calyx up on a stalk... I am 90% sure after looking at this one with the loupe that it is male. A similar examination of R shows me that she is likely to be a female... no stalk. With the distractions this morning I had no time to take a closeup picture... this evening I should be able to get to that.
N finally got her water, 2 1/2 day cycle.

Now it is evening, and I clearly have just seen male parts on two other plants!!
I could hardly believe what I was looking at, but at the moment we are looking at 3/5 being male, T, N and B. Egads... we are back to planning a scrog and hopefully we have now seen the males show up early and Red and M&M will be our girls. To that end, Red just got her 3rd topping of the top node.
There will be no hesitation in choosing the top male to take pollen from, T has been the winner since the beginning.

DSCF7209.JPG
DSCF7208.JPG

Now it is evening, and I clearly have just seen male parts on two other plants!!
I could hardly believe what I was looking at, but at the moment we are looking at 3/5 being male, T, N and B. Egads... we are back to planning a scrog and hopefully we have now seen the males show up early and Red and M&M will be our girls. To that end, Red just got her 3rd topping of the top node.
There will be no hesitation in choosing the top male to take pollen from, T has been the winner since the beginning.

DSCF7209.JPG
DSCF7208.JPG

Well red m&m seems fitting!

:morenutes:

I promised some pictures of my DIY COB light, which I might add that I would love to be able to compare against the newest Mars product. Hint Hint :)
I have named it the Pink Sparkly Momma Beast Light and more accurately it is a 6x CREE CXB3590 Array.
Without further ado:

DSCF7206.JPG
DSCF7204.JPG
DSCF7203.JPG
DSCF7200.JPG
DSCF7199.JPG
DSCF7198.JPG
DSCF7197.JPG
Wow I am amazed at how clean and professional this diy light looks , what size of grow space does it cover, this is a very impressive light , what are the umol/par readings for 18” ?? I am curious. So with everything all in how much has this light cost you to this point , I know you mentioned something about 5000k auditions , but I think after seeing this light and witnessing the results , I may make my own for my 2x4 grow space. Have you looked into adding IR and UV to the light ? I was looking into making my own with smd chips was gonna do 2700k 3500k 6500k with deep red and IR and uv but i ended up buying the mars hydro lights I have ,and honestly the smd chips are so small I think I would have been a little over my head building it . But I’ve seen how these Cree ( are they cobs) are built and I think I would be able to build this type of light . This has really inspired me and I really appreciate you uploading this for me , I’m sure you promised to a few other aswell . OUTSTANDING job on the light em , and what a wicked name , she sure does tend to those children well. Thank you for this , your grow is looking spectacular . Have s good day friend :adore::peace:

Back
Top Bottom