Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

I know I’m new but my anecdotal evidence agrees with your flowering times. They seem to work out accurate when I start counting once I see pistols. The only thing that has kind of burnt me is the 6week flowering time on my blue Dream. I think I “21 day” trimmed her too late because at day 21 she only has 3 weeks left. Lol.

I know I’m new but my anecdotal evidence agrees with your flowering times. They seem to work out accurate when I start counting once I see pistols. The only thing that has kind of burnt me is the 6week flowering time on my blue Dream. I think I “21 day” trimmed her too late because at day 21 she only has 3 weeks left. Lol.
live and learn... I would never do a trim like that well into flowering. I cringe every time I see someone do it, expecting to read later on about stunted growth and hermies.

I like your update, Emmie. Very descriptive. Great job on your grow! Cheers

How does this work? can you explain? :hmmmm:

Plants in the wild deal with stressors all the time. The wind blows hard and knocks them down. Deer come along and chew off branches. The plants have learned to adapt and deal with these things.
The plant has one prime directive... continue the species. It must finish up those buds, even if it means its own death. It needs to know that when it finally falls over dead, its seeds will go to making the next generation. A plant knowing that the end is coming, will put out an extraordinary effort to complete this process, and in our sensimillia plants, instead of seeds, we are working on resin production and trichomes.

So already I have been sending signals to the plants that their end is coming. The days have gotten an hour shorter. The light itself is beginning to fade. They have already sped up in response to these changes. Some people see a decrease in water usage at the end of bloom, but I see a distinct increase by adding these stressors. My plants definitely speed up at the end.

Next will be the nail and the darkness. The nail is simply a freak out signal sent to the plant right near its brain, that central core of roots right at the base of the plant. There is nothing to equate it to, but the plant clearly gets the message that it has been attacked right at its base and that death is sure to follow. Since we know that plants freak when you even think thoughts of harming them, imagine what a spike through the trunk does... it puts them into a supreme hurry up mode.

Then on top of that, the darkness. I joke and say that they think the sun has gone out and that this freaks them out, but they have no concept of this... they just know that the growing season has abruptly ended. They have no choice now but to finish out, quickly, while they still live.

Experiments have proven to me that these methods all come together to drastically improve the plants at the end. I will start this process at the first sign of amber in the top calyxes, and by the end of a day and a half to 3 days impaled and in the dark, a very noticeable, if not extreme increase in the size of the trichomes is noted, and the amber content also goes up to near 10%.

Plants in the wild deal with stressors all the time. The wind blows hard and knocks them down. Deer come along and chew off branches. The plants have learned to adapt and deal with these things.
The plant has one prime directive... continue the species. It must finish up those buds, even if it means its own death. It needs to know that when it finally falls over dead, its seeds will go to making the next generation. A plant knowing that the end is coming, will put out an extraordinary effort to complete this process, and in our sensimillia plants, instead of seeds, we are working on resin production and trichomes.

So already I have been sending signals to the plants that their end is coming. The days have gotten an hour shorter. The light itself is beginning to fade. They have already sped up in response to these changes. Some people see a decrease in water usage at the end of bloom, but I see a distinct increase by adding these stressors. My plants definitely speed up at the end.

Next will be the nail and the darkness. The nail is simply a freak out signal sent to the plant right near its brain, that central core of roots right at the base of the plant. There is nothing to equate it to, but the plant clearly gets the message that it has been attacked right at its base and that death is sure to follow. Since we know that plants freak when you even think thoughts of harming them, imagine what a spike through the trunk does... it puts them into a supreme hurry up mode.

Then on top of that, the darkness. I joke and say that they think the sun has gone out and that this freaks them out, but they have no concept of this... they just know that the growing season has abruptly ended. They have no choice now but to finish out, quickly, while they still live.

Experiments have proven to me that these methods all come together to drastically improve the plants at the end. I will start this process at the first sign of amber in the top calyxes, and by the end of a day and a half to 3 days impaled and in the dark, a very noticeable, if not extreme increase in the size of the trichomes is noted, and the amber content also goes up to near 10%.

Do you use a steel or copper nail? We used to do the same with copper nails to trees. They'd die and start drying out while vertical. Once chopped, cut, and split, they dried a lot faster in the woodpile.

Do you use a steel or copper nail? We used to do the same with copper nails to trees. They'd die and start drying out while vertical. Once chopped, cut, and split, they dried a lot faster in the woodpile.
I have not done experiments to see which type of nail is best used, but I would think that the nastiest rustiest and dullest nail possible, would have the greatest impact and in thinking about this, I am deciding that the act of screwing a drywall screw into the large trunks of these plants would be supremely noticeable. I have a box of these sitting on my workbench, and I think I will use them instead of just puncturing the plants with a 6 penny nail. If only the plants could scream...

I have not done experiments to see which type of nail is best used, but I would think that the nastiest rustiest and dullest nail possible, would have the greatest impact and in thinking about this, I am deciding that the act of screwing a drywall screw into the large trunks of these plants would be supremely noticeable. I have a box of these sitting on my workbench, and I think I will use them instead of just puncturing the plants with a 6 penny nail. If only the plants could scream...

You mean like the guy in the mug I bought for my grandson when you fill it with a hot liquid?

Today is the 8 week point, but today is not going to be the end day... there are still too many white pistils and no amber at the very top. Maybe tomorrow...
DSCF7540.JPG
DSCF7539.JPG
DSCF7538.JPG
DSCF7537.JPG
DSCF7536.JPG
DSCF7535.JPG

I absolutely love that mug... going to have to find one of those for meetings at work. Those who don't already realize that I am strange will have no doubt after that.
They are available through Amazon. Search for 'zombie mug.'

Bloom, 8th week, waiting on amber
Sorry about the bad picture quality... I left my camera's memory stick in the computer at work yesterday and today have to use my cell phone camera. I still have to double check with the microscope to see if I can see amber at the top of the majority of these buds, but I see very few white pistils now in the bulk of the tent, with just a few along the outer edges where the light is not as intense. I am reasonably sure that this evening when I get home I am going to call this the end, water completely one last time, and then turn out the lights for 3 days. My best guess this morning just doing a fly by with my phone camera is that we are just about there.

IMG_20191126_084108.jpg
IMG_20191126_084113.jpg
IMG_20191126_084129.jpg
IMG_20191126_084121.jpg

Back
Top Bottom