Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

shucks, it weren't nothin...
The only light other than room light was the 8 LEDs in the microscope. Instead of using the stand I laid both the microscope and the bud on the desk and then moved the bud around until a good shot came into focus. That was probably cheating somehow, but I have never been one to stay inside of the box.
:ganjamon:
DSCF7449.JPG

Brilliant is what that is!! I can’t believe that never occurred to me.. wow, really :bravo:

I peeked in at the girls this morning on my way out the door to work and I noticed a dramatic response to the lighting changes. Not all of the plants are doing it yet, but the tallest plant, Tara, seems to be reacting the most strongly. This makes sense since she is the closest one to the light, but I am sure that the others will be soon to follow her lead.

A few days back I showed you a large upper fan that was dramatically changing colors. That same thing has now appeared on several of the other upper fan leaves, and this morning I noticed a very dramatic purpling of the sun leaves on her buds. This one is going to have a dramatic and colorful end! Don't you just love the last 2 weeks? So far I have no afternoon meetings today and I plan on heading home early. I will get some pictures of this up on here when I do.

:ciao: Been catching up...:popcorn:

Does your soil mix include any biochar? That is a good source for Phosphorus in an LOS :thumb:
nope, but I will be adding some. It seems this is something that Subcool didn't include in his recipes, and probably should have. Live and learn... the more we do this thing the more we figure out how to do it right.

Bloom, Week 7, Day 50 of 56
The numbers say we are very close, and the buds are agreeing with the data. I took another half hour off of the daylight again today, this time adding time to the beginning of the nighttime. They are now at 11/13 and clearly moving toward their end. The light intensity is still at 10% less than it was at maximum, each plant getting slightly different PAR numbers depending on where it is in the room.
Upon closer inspection this evening, or maybe they just did it today while I was at work, but I am now seeing the distinctive purple coloring on 2 of the plants, and it is the Vulx plant that is holding out on me. I suspect this is nothing more than that plant being almost a week behind the others at the start of bloom, and that she will also finish out very soon.
Everyone appears to be content and I see no reason not to give a full dose of Terpinator and Recharge on the next watering.
I will let the pictures tell the story... we are getting close!
note the dramatic foxtailing going on as this bud backbuilds
DSCF7458.JPG

Here you can see the purple starting in the sunleaves
DSCF7457.JPG
DSCF7456.JPG

Still flowering... at least a week to go yet
DSCF7455.JPG
DSCF7454.JPG

Note the tip burns... even in organic, it is possible to push the limits:
DSCF7453.JPG
DSCF7452.JPG

nope, but I will be adding some. It seems this is something that Subcool didn't include in his recipes, and probably should have. Live and learn... the more we do this thing the more we figure out how to do it right.
I added a few things to the SS recipe I added Biochar and Grow Kashi some Calcium carbonate and a few other little things But I didn't add much, I hope it helps we mixed it the beginning of July so by now it should be well cooked if not it should be ready when I go to use it late April early May to fill my pots with.

It has been demanded by some of those around me that we check out another test bud. Red was elected and a very nice 11.5g bud was collected.
DSCF7480.JPG

Then we carefully checked out the trichomes, looking for any early amber. Down below on a fan leaf we found a couple of amber trichomes, but those don't count. Up near the top they appear to still not be quite ripe.

2019-11-20-173904.jpg
2019-11-20-174045.jpg

Highya Emmie,

Some serious frost action going on in your tent! I've never seen trichomes almost bumper to bumper. Very impressive! Also the back-building is making very fat colas. You are doing very well, Emmie! Cheers

I really like the purple in the leaves ... and the microscope pics are great ...

I'm thinking those pistils are still pretty straight, ... so you're about 2 weeks from harvest now?

Are you thinking 20% amber?

How's M&M and the @Vulx compared to Red now? ... I'm thinking M&M and the @Vulx will finish nicely ...

ttyl
Good questions Sql2k and thank you. The handheld USB/WiFI microscope has turned out to be a great tool too... so handy to be able to use the cell phone screen in the grow room or the pc on the desk.

Some of the buds down around mid level are starting to darken... you know that look when the trichomes start to turn and the whole bud starts to take on a reddish tint? We are not far from seeing some amber down there, and I would guess we are within a 10 day window at the top.

Further confirming that theory is that some of the buds, especially in the upper canopy, are starting to pull back all of their pistils, while some of them that are stuck down in some of the darker places in the tent are still flowering pretty hard. I am learning that the high and low spots in regard to PAR under this array really make a difference, and adding two more lights is really going to change the dynamic of this room.

I still have a few tricks to throw at them to help these girls to finish out... even the reluctant ones. This weekend I am going to reduce the lights another 10%, and then at the end I am going to put a nail in the trunks and put them in darkness for at least a couple of days. Trust me... they will finish.

I am shooting for 2% amber at the top. If only one plant turns before the others, it will get a bit more done. Then the darkness... and the dreaded spike. By the time that dark and evil time is done, and while they are resting in peace in the drying room, they will go up to maybe 10%-20% amber. I expect the buds will look dark in the jar once cured, not just from the purple leaves, but also from the solid coating of darkened trichomes.

Red was the early flower winner size wise and seems to have carried her lead into the end, and I think she will finish out the heaviest. I think that M&M with the @Vulx has pretty much caught up with Tara, and may end up outweighing her due to the size and stickiness of her buds. This is remarkable because at the same point in early flower, M&M was at least a week behind both of her bigger sisters... now if you just looked at the base of the trunks, it would take a good eye to tell which one was bigger.

Bloom, Day 54 --- very near the end
Remember that I predicted this weekend, based on flowering starting when the pistils actually showed up, and not when I flipped. It looks like that prediction was again, very accurate.
Not all the buds in the room are quite as done, but some are very close, like this one:
DSCF7516.JPG

Some are still foxtailing a bit, trying to add on some more weight:

DSCF7518.JPG

Down lower, with my loupe I can see quite a bit of amber and I can spot just a couple up near the top, still on the sunleaves. It is coming soon. The microscope picked out a small pocket of ripe trichomes near the top, but most of the heavy trichome cover is still not quite ready:

2019-11-22-111652.jpg

We hit the 8 week mark on Sunday. I think that we are days away from the next stage. The lights have been reduced by another 10%, just to emphasise the point. On the vast majority of the buds around the room the pistils have almost all pulled back and turned colors, with just a few white pistils sticking out at the top. Those typically go away at the same time the amber shows up in the calyxes at the top.

The trichome production in this run has been outstanding and without a doubt the Terpinator all through bloom had something to do with this. It is clear now that a lot of early bloom yellowing that I have gotten used to was because of potassium shortages. @AngryBird 's banana juice had been filling in this gap and also would work all through the grow... but Terpinator is just as good. It has earned a permanent place in my grow room.

At some point in the very near future I am going to see the amber I am looking for in all of the plants, and I will do another detailed trichome study on each of them. This will be the time to make a final assessment comparing the Vulx grow against the others and to see if a difference in using the Andesite can be seen. We know based on size going into bloom that Tara should be in the lead, Red was a close second and M&M was noticeably in the rear of the pack. The trichomes and the final weight should help us see what has happened.

DSCF7512.JPG
DSCF7515.JPG
DSCF7520.JPG
DSCF7521.JPG

Bloom, Day 55 of 56
Today finds even more of the pistils have pulled back all around the tent. The buds are getting much heavier and several had to be tucked in a bit to be able to stand up to the top of the canopy. Amber trichomes have been spotted on the sun leaves just below the top of the bud on some of the buds that are looking the most done. It is only a day or two before these girls are finishing... exactly when it was predicted to do so. I say this for those who claim that the seed banks figure flowering time based on the day that you flip. I know for a fact that when @santero, the breeder of this variety, says that this is an 8 week plant, he means 8 weeks from the day flower actually starts. Time and time again I have proven this point to myself at least, even if no one else will take heed.
The several test buds have deemed this crop to be worthy so within a day or two I expect to call it on this batch and then the plants are going to sit in the dark to think about things for 48-72 hours. They will be forced to contemplate their deaths with a nail in their trunk and having to be satisfied right up to the end with tonight's full watering complete with RealGrower's Recharge and a double shot of Terpinator.
After the time in the dark, harvest will begin and we will hang them in a small drying tent equipped with a humidifier capable of locking the RH in at 67% and I expect them to be able to slow dry in that tent for at least a week. Then I will lower the RH to 65% and will move to paper bags for a day or two until they are ready to jar. I have all my tools in place, my jars are washed and the hygrometers have fresh batteries.
#WaitingForTheAmber

Back
Top Bottom