Day 14
Feeding day again. If the pattern holds, Do si dos #33 will be looking better by lights out.
I've moved her to a corner for now to see if that helps. If it does, I'll be keeping her to the side, out of the strongest light.

Do si dos

Do si dos #33
She doesn't seem to be growing slower than her sisters, just not happy about something.

Gelato

Hmmmmm ... interesting technique. I will need to try that in the future.
I would be trying it myself this winter if we hadn't found out that a family member has a rather severe allergy to the pollen.
Yeah lot of mass in a small space with your grows mate!
I like it when they keep a shape! 🤣
Probably not the best for them but! 🤣
20231019_150636.jpg
Doesn't seem to be hurting them!
Thanks Shed!
On the plus side I now know that the seeds from my outdoor grows are 50% Jamaican sativa! He brought seeds with him when he moved to Canada, and has been growing them ever since.

Lol, I just realized some people might find the idea of someone growing Jamaican sativas outdoors in Canada a bit confusing.
He grows them indoors. He flips them as we're coming up on Autumn, and puts the males outside so he can collect pollen, and selectively pollinate his indoor females.
That's why he waits until late summer to flip. So the photoperiod will be right to keep the males flowering while they're outdoors...right when everybody else's plants are flowering.
We've convinced him to do seed runs indoors over the winter.

Day 14
Feeding day again. If the pattern holds, Do si dos #33 will be looking better by lights out.
I've moved her to a corner for now to see if that helps. If it does, I'll be keeping her to the side, out of the strongest light.

Do si dos

Do si dos #33
She doesn't seem to be growing slower than her sisters, just not happy about something.

Gelato

I would be trying it myself this winter if we hadn't found out that a family member has a rather severe allergy to the pollen.

Doesn't seem to be hurting them!

Thanks Shed!
On the plus side I now know that the seeds from my outdoor grows are 50% Jamaican sativa! He brought seeds with him when he moved to Canada, and has been growing them ever since.
Took mine a few days to move after being potted up! I ripped a fair bit of roots off but! 🤣
Could your droppy be from cold temps?

Took mine a few days to move after being potted up! I ripped a fair bit of roots off but! 🤣
Could your droppy be from cold temps?
No, I don't think so. It's 26-27⁰C during lights on, and 22-23⁰C lights off.
She's still droopy right now, despite the feeding.
I'm just going to let this play out. So long as her roots grow as quickly as they have been she'll be transplanted to a larger pot in a couple of weeks. If she doesn't improve after that then she's just a pissy plant.

No, I don't think so. It's 26-27⁰C during lights on, and 22-23⁰C lights off.
She's still droopy right now, despite the feeding.
I'm just going to let this play out. So long as her roots grow as quickly as they have been she'll be transplanted to a larger pot in a couple of weeks. If she doesn't improve after that then she's just a pissy plant.
Yeah ya might have a sook on ya hands with that lady mate!!
There's always one!! 🤣

Day 15

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

Yeah ya might have a sook on ya hands with that lady mate!!
There's always one!! 🤣
I'm hoping she puts on a show later.
Last one I grew really did.

This one has the benefit of being grown in an uncontaminated growing medium.
That soil I used last winter slowly killed everything I planted in it.
Cannabis, hot peppers, citrus. The cannabis was the most resilient.
Beautiful plants as always Mel!

NTH
Thanks NTH!

Day 15

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

Thanks NTH!
your seedling are getting big, hard to tell is the DSD#33 improving ?

your seedling are getting big, hard to tell is the DSD#33 improving ?
Maybe a bit. It's still drooping, with some tacoing near the petioles.
But she isn't drooping quite so much.

just not happy about something.
I had a Northern Lights do the same thing- never did figure that one out...:hmmmm:

I did notice in the DSD 33's last pic that she is looking just a little bit happier...hopefully, that trend continues..🤞

Hey Mel,

Finally caught up here, dang you move fast!!! :goof::goof:

don’t have much hempy experience but I did get a Super Silver Haze across the finish line all passive hydro style, anywho point I was going for is a tip gleaned from Bluter… but are you doing regular feeds or taping the hempy hole up and doing a flood?? Just let her soak her toes for a bit…

Assuming you are using regular masking tape (no Flex Seal or Gorilla Glue shite) it usually holds on for 30 minutes to an hour and then will start leaking, eventually taking a full piss back down to regular hempy drain hole level… if it’s not drained back down after 30 minutes to an hour then just yank the tape and let her whizz… I did floods about every 2nd or 3rd feed session…

also a splash of h202 goes a long way and will help knock down the algae. I did dribble a bit of SNS 203 & 209 into my hempy feed sessions with no discernible negative consequence

hope it helps

Day 15

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

Thanks NTH!
Woah she sure did put on a show!

Day 16
Well, DSD #33 is looking a bit happier. Looks like Shed's suggestion that she's a little more sensitive to the light was correct.
Unfortunately for her the other two are happy with the light where it is, so we'll have to hope she toughens up a bit.

Do si dos
I'm looking forward to seeing how she responds to being topped. She's already working on her side branches.

Do si dos #33

Gelato
She's working on those side branches too.

I had a Northern Lights do the same thing- never did figure that one out...:hmmmm:

I did notice in the DSD 33's last pic that she is looking just a little bit happier...hopefully, that trend continues..🤞
Thanks Carcass!
She does look a bit better. We'll see how it goes!
Hey Mel,

Finally caught up here, dang you move fast!!! :goof::goof:

don’t have much hempy experience but I did get a Super Silver Haze across the finish line all passive hydro style, anywho point I was going for is a tip gleaned from Bluter… but are you doing regular feeds or taping the hempy hole up and doing a flood?? Just let her soak her toes for a bit…

Assuming you are using regular masking tape (no Flex Seal or Gorilla Glue shite) it usually holds on for 30 minutes to an hour and then will start leaking, eventually taking a full piss back down to regular hempy drain hole level… if it’s not drained back down after 30 minutes to an hour then just yank the tape and let her whizz… I did floods about every 2nd or 3rd feed session…

also a splash of h202 goes a long way and will help knock down the algae. I did dribble a bit of SNS 203 & 209 into my hempy feed sessions with no discernible negative consequence

hope it helps
Yeah, that's a downside of daily updates.
I have seen the tip to cover the hole and fertigate until the perlite starts to lift, wait a bit, then let it out. I never thought to use tale though, thanks for the idea!
I'm planning to use H2O2 as a spray to deal with the algae, I just forget to get it every time I'm out.
Unfortunately SNS don't ship up here.
Woah she sure did put on a show!
Yeah, if the entire plant had been like that I would have entered her in plant of the month, but she was a bit spindly and dropping leaves at the time.
Those top buds turned out some really nice colours though.

Day 16
Well, DSD #33 is looking a bit happier. Looks like Shed's suggestion that she's a little more sensitive to the light was correct.
Unfortunately for her the other two are happy with the light where it is, so we'll have to hope she toughens up a bit.

Do si dos
I'm looking forward to seeing how she responds to being topped. She's already working on her side branches.

Do si dos #33

Gelato
She's working on those side branches too.

Thanks Carcass!
She does look a bit better. We'll see how it goes!

Yeah, that's a downside of daily updates.
I have seen the tip to cover the hole and fertigate until the perlite starts to lift, wait a bit, then let it out. I never thought to use tale though, thanks for the idea!
I'm planning to use H2O2 as a spray to deal with the algae, I just forget to get it every time I'm out.
Unfortunately SNS don't ship up here.

Yeah, if the entire plant had been like that I would have entered her in plant of the month, but she was a bit spindly and dropping leaves at the time.
Those top buds turned out some really nice colours though.
You gave me an idea though! Saw you’ve seen the tag! Cheers buddy!

Day 15

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

Thanks NTH!
Lovely autumn like colors!!! 😎✌️

Day 17
I decided to try the dry back suggested by @Porky82 and they seem to have liked it.
DSD especially.

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

You gave me an idea though! Saw you’ve seen the tag! Cheers buddy!
:)
Lovely autumn like colors!!! 😎✌️
Thanks Scottay!

Day 17
I decided to try the dry back suggested by @Porky82 and they seem to have liked it.
DSD especially.

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

:)

Thanks Scottay!
Damn, they look great MH! That one DSD is being a stubborn bitch for you, but I can totally relate to the “the other two like it so tough shit for her” concept. Seems there’s always one, lol. Nice work. Love how clean it all is.

Day 18
It's definitely a watering issue. She's taken a step back after being watered last night.

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

Damn, they look great MH! That one DSD is being a stubborn bitch for you, but I can totally relate to the “the other two like it so tough shit for her” concept. Seems there’s always one, lol. Nice work. Love how clean it all is.
Thanks Jon!
Looks like she doesn't like hempies!

Yay! Good to see you found the issue.

MGM
Now to figure out what to do about it :hmmmm:
I think I might try modifying her pot to be more like yours.
I might be able to transplant them, but I think it's too early to be anything other than a mess.
She's still growing, and her roots are starting to fill the pot, so it shouldn't be too much longer before I can do it properly.

Back
Top Bottom