Flower Child Puts Seeds In The Soil Again 2013

Really nice to see so many others helping each of us move forward towards knowledge and a successful grow and results.

Thanks for the reps Dres and Flower :green_heart:
I must agree- this is the best website I've run across. Such a wonderful community of like minded people!
Hey Flower Child :ciao:

I noticed you'd clicked some reps my way (thank you so much) so I've popped over to check out your journal.

Congrats and +reps on an outstanding effort so far. You make it look so easy.

That canopy looks cool, if I didn't know I'd guess there was about thirty plants in there.

Shame the staggered switch to 12/12 didn't work out. I did that on Gloria, (harvested last week) would have liked to compare notes.

Great work, I'll be checking in regular.
Hi Brassic Brit- Thank you, and I'd be delighted to have you follow along. I'm rather dissapointed about the 12-12 switch too- would have been fun to try, but I didnt want to mess with the lights again after that snafu. And LOL, sometimes it feels like 30 plants when I'm trying to fit them back in after a watering. Especially now because a couple of the shorter girls are perched on kitchen kettles so they can get their share of the light.
Happy growing!:peace:

Well I finally had time to rearrange the tent last night. After their unattended stretch last week two girls- (cheese and mazar/rhino) now stand only 14", the diesels are both 18", three bombs are 24" and the last one is 28". The original plan was to supercrop the tall ones but that would mean cropping all of the bombs many tops- way too scary. So I raided the kitchen and have the 2 shortest plants propped up on soup kettles.

I did supercrop the tallest bomb who is also the one with all the claws. Theres something really wrong with her- normally when you supercrop you massage the stem until it softens and then bend it and it sort of pops as it gives way. When I massaged her stem it felt hollow and crunchy and then the stem just bent with a really thin paper-like crease at the bend. I wasn't sure the branches would survive the cropping as hollow as they felt, so i only cropped two of them- luckily they look fine today.
Heres a couple pics of the supercropping attempts:
IMG_20131211_071153.jpg
IMG_20131211_071110.jpg

It's been 3 weeks since the flip and the buds are starting to grow.
IMG_20131211_071927.jpg
IMG_20131211_071919.jpg
IMG_20131211_071755.jpg

And a group shot- they now have a 6" difference in heights (instead of 16") and I can live with that.
IMG_20131211_071031.jpg

Well I finally had time to rearrange the tent last night. After their unattended stretch last week two girls- (cheese and mazar/rhino) now stand only 14", the diesels are both 18", three bombs are 24" and the last one is 28". The original plan was to supercrop the tall ones but that would mean cropping all of the bombs many tops- way too scary. So I raided the kitchen and have the 2 shortest plants propped up on soup kettles.

I did supercrop the tallest bomb who is also the one with all the claws. Theres something really wrong with her- normally when you supercrop you massage the stem until it softens and then bend it and it sort of pops as it gives way. When I massaged her stem it felt hollow and crunchy and then the stem just bent with a really thin paper-like crease at the bend. I wasn't sure the branches would survive the cropping as hollow as they felt, so i only cropped two of them- luckily they look fine today.
Heres a couple pics of the supercropping attempts:
IMG_20131211_071153.jpg
IMG_20131211_071110.jpg

It's been 3 weeks since the flip and the buds are starting to grow.
IMG_20131211_071927.jpg
IMG_20131211_071919.jpg
IMG_20131211_071755.jpg

And a group shot- they now have a 6" difference in heights (instead of 16") and I can live with that.
IMG_20131211_071031.jpg

My super cropping always feels and ends up like your pics.....they will recover, it's what they do :thumb:

My super cropping always feels and ends up like your pics.....they will recover, it's what they do :thumb:
Thanks Heady- I just didn't remember the stems feeling that crunchy the last time I supercropped. However, she was really dry when I did it and that probably made a difference. She is doing ok today and the clawing actually seems to be a bit less now that she's not the closest one to the light anymore.:peace:

Oh and i forgot to mention that there's a ph meter being delivered today. No more fooling around with the drops and color chart. And it's arriving just in time. I usually deal with tap water thats ph 8+ but to my horror it was ph 5.0 a couple days ago! I used PH up for the first time ever- it took 8 drops per gallon which seemed like quite a bit, since it only takes 3 drops per gallon with the PH down to hit 6.5. The plants don't seem phased by the water and thankfully I didnt just assume it was the usual PH 8 and add ph down- that could have given them some major issues.
Gotta go- the dogs are barking and hopefully its the delivery truck.:peace:

Wow! A great big thank you to everyone for all the holiday greetings!:xmas: It was indeed a wonderful holiday- extremely busy- but wonderful. I hope all of your holidays were awesome as well!

The girls have been a bit neglected but are surviving all the same. They have all weathered N deficiency, one had a mag deficiency and there was a 1 1/2 hour power outage in the middle of "lights on" cycle 10 days ago! In spite of that their buds look good and theres no hermie activity yet from the power outage.
IMG_20140106_081313.jpg
IMG_20140106_081324.jpg

Flica the bic is still admiring the thick trunks.
IMG_20140106_083609.jpg

But she spends a lot more time hovering near the buds- only about 4 weeks to go
IMG_20140106_082006.jpg

Frosty tricomes are everywhere
IMG_20140106_082700.jpg
IMG_20140106_082558.jpg

And last but not least there are about to be stirrings in the new tent- 8 seeds are awakening and should be up in a day or two.
IMG_20140106_081407.jpg

These gestating seeds consist of:

THC Bomb x2
An indica/sativa mix that I am growing for the 3rd time.

Pineapple Bomb x2
An indica/satia mix that resulted from a wayward bananna hidden in a bud in an adjoining plant during grow #1

Liberty Haze x4 A new strain for me. It's advertised 25% THC was the deciding factor in selecting this strain. it is also an indica/sativa mix

Well that's about it for now- I'm going to be slowly catching up with journals this week as life is continuing to be busy (in a very good way). :peace:

It's so nice to see you and the girls are doing well, Flo :ciao:

They sure are looking yummy :yummy:

And germing new seeds... how exciting! Does this mean you'll be going perpetual from now on?

Have some new year reps, Flo :high-five:
Hi Dresney- and thanks for the reps! Its good to have time to be back here at 420! And yep we're going perpetual- the big tent is now dedicated to flowering plants only.

Older girls are getting scrumptious and yee haw on new babies. Great going
Thanks Kusharella! Three of the babies are starting to poke their heads out so I'm pretty excited.

Glad you are back young Lady.
Hi OMM! I'm glad I'm back too! I really missed my friends here at 420. Life just got tooo busy for a bit- (met a special someone and its serious already). He is also a cannabis enthusiast but has never gotten into the growing of it so he is really enjoying learning about all the care and love these plants need.

Anyway, heres wishing everyone a awesome day!:peace:

Not ready yet But it looks like it will be a very good harvest!:peace::goodjob::thumb::high-five::bravo::circle-of-love:
Hi Harley:ciao:- thanks!
You're right. Its still at least 3 weeks before chop time- tricomes are all still clear. I cant wait to see what their final weights are. Last grow I only topped one time and had 2 main colas per plant. This time there are 8+ medium size tops per plant so it will be interesting to see how they compare.:peace:

Hi Dresney- and thanks for the reps! Its good to have time to be back here at 420! And yep we're going perpetual- the big tent is now dedicated to flowering plants only.

Thanks Kusharella! Three of the babies are starting to poke their heads out so I'm pretty excited.

Hi OMM! I'm glad I'm back too! I really missed my friends here at 420. Life just got tooo busy for a bit- (met a special someone and its serious already). He is also a cannabis enthusiast but has never gotten into the growing of it so he is really enjoying learning about all the care and love these plants need.

Anyway, heres wishing everyone a awesome day!:peace:

I love hearing that Flower Child. Happy for you! He He! A doper too! Can't beat that and he's got a great teacher too! :circle-of-love::love:

I love hearing that Flower Child. Happy for you! He He! A doper too! Can't beat that and he's got a great teacher too! :circle-of-love::love:
Thanks OMM. He makes me feel like a teenager again and thats a good thing at our age.:love: And as far as the teacher thing - I just tell him I learned how to grow from the best- my friends here at :420::high-five:
Have a great day!:peace:

Back
Top Bottom