Fun In The Sun 2016 - Tiger - Ape - Pitbull - Gorilla & More - Run Wild

Frost!! NOT GOOD. Will you cover them up ,or just move them all close to the house?

I think the little makeshift GLR setup will protect them. It has a piece of plastic sheet covering the lights. I can lower the side down to mostly cover them.

Since days are still relatively short, I am keeping all under lights to make sure they don't flip early. The big pots get a couple of hours in the middle of the night, ala GLR. The small pots go inside for a total of 16 hours of light. I hope to hold them this way until mid-May, but IDK if I will be able to at the rate they are growing.

:Namaste:

Hey Major, pleasure to be here!

Just wanted to share: Here in the Bay Area the days tend to be even shorter, and myself (and a few others I know) have had their plants outside for a few weeks (granted, I'll grab them and move them inside if wind/rain is an issue--in 7 gal pots, the work isn't as bad as it could be).

Personally, I had a few ladies flowering outside this winter in a little experiment....great success! Several plants flowered outdoors in the cold dead of winter in 1,2, and 3 gallon smart pots. The few I hadn't harvested by mid-march started to go back into Veg--today there is not a drop of flowering happening anywhere, FWIW!

Next year (providing the weather's good) you might just want to throw them out there earlier to see what happens! Gotta love a big, free light bulb :)

Looking forward to watching and learning quietly (as usual) from the sidelines :) Cheers!!​

Good to know, Stoney!
If I put a plant out in a 1 gal pot in the dead of winter I'd end up with a Cannasicle. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Best of luck on them!!

Major,...I have to run da Tenshi thru a quick security check before he's allowed privy info on Major's Monsters!

................................... It's cool , he's OK.....he's cleared!:thumb:

Thanks Chief! :rofl:

took four pages to dig a tunnel down to your neck of the woods.. didn't have any trouble until i hit the Columbia River. caves at the pass saved some time though :)

You made it - nice digging, gypsy!
Next time, take the Applegate River to the confluence of the Rogue River, then take a left. If you hit Crater Lake, you've gone too far. :rofl:

Update #1, (Week 11)

"Week #11" is from the date I germinated seeds. Not a lot to report for the past week. With the exception of my Pitbull blunder, all plants appear to be in good spirits. The largest two (AS and GT+) get a little beat up from the wind and rain, but all-in-all, I can't complain considering the weather we've had.

High temp's went from around 90 down to upper 50's. Low temps have been as low as 31! Lots of rain and wind, with a smattering of hail. That appears to be over and we may hit 80 by Sunday or Monday, with very little chance of more frost in the near future.

All plants have been potted now into 7 gal pots and will be there until late May. I'd move them sooner but am still unsure about the photoperiod for my older clones in the mix. Growth is slow with the outside temperatures. They are currently only growing 2-3" per week. Even on sunny, warm days, I think the average temperature of the pots and roots is in the upper 40's. All plants get water as needed. Nothing else so far. Hopefully, once the temperatures climb, I'll be seeing 2-3" per day.

PB has become a science experiment just to see if I can revive her. She got a major trim and appears to have stabilized. She's not out of the woods yet. If she makes it, I'll call her "Pitbull's Revenge".

Some quick photos from early in the morning. Everyone is still a little sleepy and wet from dew.

This is Ace of Spades - one of the big girls
AS5.jpg

Next up is Grape Ape x Sensi Star
GASS7.jpg

This is Gorilla Glue #4. She had some issues when I picked her up (clone). You can see a little of that in the lower leaves, but she seems to be reposonding pretty well to the new digs.
GG45.jpg

Golden Tiger+ is the next biggest plant right now. A little bedraggled from wi nd and rain, but doing well.
GT16.jpg

Liberty Haze is doing great.
LH14.jpg

Zamaldelica has nearly caught up with the other plants. Quite a change from just a couple of weeks ago!
ZD.jpg

Here is the rogue's gallery, including Pitbull. I think, as bad as she looks, she will make it.
All80.jpg

As a side note, we had a volunteer outside out back door. No idea where it came from.
Where's Waldo?
Where_s_Waldo.jpg

That's it for this week. I'm chopping the two Tigers from my previous journal so I'll have a quick update thius weekend but won't have final yield until the weekend after.

Have a great week and weekend. Party on!
:Namaste:

Major , coming along very nicely. How much longer ya think....before they go in the 75's? One per, right? Cheers

I'm thinking toward the end of May. If I was certain the older clones wouldn't start blooming too soon, I'd go earlier.
You got it - one plant in each of the 5 cages. One or two plants will go in 26 gallons by the house.

I was watching a vid by Kevin Jodrey the other day and he talked about putting plants outside early. He said even though the light is still not more than 12 hrs the plants will continue to remain in vegetative state.

I was watching a vid by Kevin Jodrey the other day and he talked about putting plants outside early. He said even though the light is still not more than 12 hrs the plants will continue to remain in vegetative state.

I've heard that works for seedlings 'cuz they "expect" the days to be short and getting longer. But with older clones, they have already been through a veg cycle and it can throw them into bloom. It happened to my neighbor last year. The plants went into bloom in May, then reverted to veg very slowly. When the usual flowering should have happened they were throwing out the weird single-bladed leaves. Dunno. I may be worrying about nothing, but a couple of these plants have been around for a year.

Back
Top Bottom