GaBoy's 2017 Outdoor Adventures

Blakvader. Thanks for the response. I don't have a greenhouse unfortunately. So did you mean that you grew your autos in &a outdoor?
That is correct. I keep them inside a tent that is outside in a shelter with no heat. So on nice days i sit them outside to soak up the rays. Then when the sun retreats or its just too cold then back n the tent with my lights, fan and heater. If you could put them next to a window would help but if u want to be outdoors due to constraints then i would wait till about end of Feb to drop seeds, March they are in rooted and small, and April should be ok because they should be getting accumulated. It is so hard to time it due to the weather swings we get. It is about the covering and sudden drops in temp that will hurt. Might have to get creative. Oh yeah it helps to be a first time grower with basic reggie seeds. Test all grow with your first year. Thats what i did. Kept the expensive stuff till i got comfortable.

Go Falcons!!!

Oh. And I was hoping for a steelers-falcons sb. Steelers letting me down lately. What type of soil /nutes did you use in what size pots. What time of year and how old were they when you put the plants outside? Thanks
So was i lol. Now i have to worry about Brady. I used Fox Farm soil mixed with coco coir this year. Last year i used the starter kit for the nutes and i should have bought gallon jugs because i had about 7 plants in 10 gallon fabric pots. Easy to move but wow talk about a drink schedule. With all that heat i fed them every other day to spill. Not to mentioned that i dropped roughly 25-30 seeds, all but 5 or so popped, then half died n starter cups and 5 turned out to be males. Crazy summer. This year just soil and water...with Molasses!!!

Go Falcons!!!

How did the ones you grew outdoors last year turn out? Yield? What seed company and strain?
My reggies turned out ok. Grew big but not bulky. That will depend on the genetics. After all was said and done i have about 6 mason jars full. The company was random since i was looking for specific attributes such as smell, size and side effects. I wanted to know if i could detect a smell from outside in a breeze, the ability to move them and cover them. That is why this season i went with autos so i don't have to wait for the light cycle to change. Shorter bushes and potency. The high end joints did well until i was invaded by caterpillars and i had to cut my flowering short. I just could not escape them lol.

Go Falcons!!!

Man that's a lot of fatality. I only have 10 and now I'm hoping I didn't waste my money
That is the biggest fear. $10+ per seed that could die from disease, nute burn, or just dumb luck. That is why i tried with seeds from my friend that he had forever and i mean forever. Oh and take great notes for everything. This year learn from all the mistakes if u can. Then it won't hurt your pockets as much lol.

Go Falcons!!!

Greetings Moonshine17! Great to have you along. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Autos.

Spooky! Yes!!! Foliar feeding with molasses is great! Really helps feed the mycorrhizal bacteria in the soil feed the Roots! Just make sure to do it very early or late in the day. You don't want the suns rays beating down on it. Could burn them a little.

Radogast, simply awesome lol .

BlakVader, yea man, caterpillars we're hell last season. Had to chop one of my plants early smh. Had a vegetable garden last year too and there were just soooo many of the white cabbage butterflies and their little green caterpillars are devastating. Can do so much damage in a day smh I hope we don't have that issue again this year. Need more wasps to eat them!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Crop King is waaay expensive. I ordered from Attitude seed bank.

Go Falcons!!!

By the way, I've never ordered seeds. Just been saving for YEARS...like since college lol. And I absolutely LOVE bagseed. I refer to them as my box of chocolates lol I grow a few every year! Here's my philosophy on bagseed...there's is no Strain of cannabis called Mid right! There's un-pollenated, and pollinated bud. Could be some fantastic bud that was pollinated by a fantastic male, and you could have an unknown Strain waiting to pop out. You never know what your going to get!...get the Forrest Gump Box of chocolates reference now? lol I say as long as you sex it as a female, let it go and discover what may yet be undiscovered! Grew some bagseed last year that turned out amazing and smelled like the orange cream popsicle!

Good Evening some, Good morning others! As I was winding down this evening having my cup of tea with CannaHoney, messing around with the ladies...I noticed something. My personal cross TS1 is a CONFIRMED FEMALE! She must be loving life because she's shooting out pre-flowers under 24 hours of light and stinking up the room they are in at night! Take a look!
420-magazine-mobile829740523.jpg
420-magazine-mobile152647338.jpg

As long as the clones root, which they are still looking like they will, I'll have 3 females of "The Strain". Exciting! Those of you who have PM'd me about "The Strain" seeds, check your mailboxes top of the week! .

I'll do more exploring in the morning. They will need water either tomorrow or the following day. Thinking about doing the "dunk watering" method in a compost tea solution...*strokes chin*...will do a bit of research before I make a decision but any and all input welcome .

Good morning everyone!

Decided to water the girls today as they are super light in weight. I have decided to go with the "dunk" method. After a bit of reading last night, I understand that this method is supposed to both allow the soil to uptake water more efficiently AND get more oxygen to the roots quicker. I figured, what better way to test the idea than now! I also thought about adding some compost tea or kelp to the water, but IMO they don't really need it...they look great to me! So I'm going to keep letting my soil do its thing for now.

Group Shot before dunking...
420-magazine-mobile723008599.jpg

420-magazine-mobile801351758.jpg

This is my first time watering this way, so I figure I'll let them sit in the bucket about a minute or two....or 1 minute each, then another minute each after they've drained a bit.
420-magazine-mobile755270707.jpg

And a light Molasses foliar feed...
420-magazine-mobile1117120968.jpg

They'll get their close-ups after the watering is finished. It's about chilly and windy today, so I'll be putting them inside the little greenhouse you see in the back .

Ok everyone! All finished and I must admit, I do like the dunk method! I ended up adding more water so the pots were just dancing on the bottom at first, and after about 2 minutes, they were sitting flat in the bottom, so I pulled them out and they were nice and heavy! Let's see how they respond. Close-up time!

TS1 - CONFIRMED FEMALE . Still looking good! If the clones take, I'll have this one mother for my fall harvest, and 2 clones to plant out for a spring harvest. Fingers crossed.
420-magazine-mobile802107538.jpg
420-magazine-mobile120019022.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1558653288.jpg

Bordello - it's starting to show sex and I THINK it's a female. No pistilsyet, but it doesn't have the "spade" shape of male pre-flowers. What do you guys think? Other than that, it's looking great!
420-magazine-mobile615834489.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1229430638.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1748198440.jpg

GDP. - Only about 4 weeks old so it should show sex in about 2 more weeks or so. Other than that, feeling and looking good to me!
420-magazine-mobile330176601.jpg
420-magazine-mobile306868291.jpg

Baby Bordello - No complaints. Still looks like it's liking the soil blend. Grow on!
420-magazine-mobile429245411.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1202441324.jpg

Lifted the dome for a look at the clones. Wish I would have taken the photo BEFORE I foliar sprayed smh the leaves were all standing up and looking lovely.
420-magazine-mobile672249723.jpg

No update on the Blue.Dragon as of yet...hopefully it pops up soon before I go digging in the pot lol. Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning everyone!

420-magazine-mobile1117120968.jpg

Good morning everyone!
Ok everyone! All finished and I must admit, I do like the dunk method! I ended up adding more water so the pots were just dancing on the bottom at first, and after about 2 minutes, they were sitting flat in the bottom, so I pulled them out and they were nice and heavy! Let's see how they respond. Close-up time!

Sounds like you made the right adjustments to your plan. :)

I like to start with the water about 2/3 to 3/4 the height of the pot.
I wait 2-7 minutes, and take them out when the soil feels damp when I scratch the surface.

Doc Bud leans his pots with different 'edges' of the botttom pointing down as they drain. He says it helps the aeration.

Doc Bud also suggests nutrients at double strength when watering from the bottom.
With larger pots, 7 gals or more, it becomes wasteful (and heavy!) to water only from the bottom, so he does 50/50 (top/bottom) watering. I've recently started 50/50 watering the larger pots. I think I will continue.

You are feeding that often already? Oh wow i thought that would be just once. Well if it is working for you then i will take note of that. How about milk? I have seen that being used as well. I am all about being more organic with this grow. Just learning the ropes with the small details. Obtw last summer did you have issues with caterpillars with your outdoor grow? I had an infestation. Talk about frustration.

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Morning Vader!! We get fall caterpillars here bad too. Last year I sprayed the Safer cat spray from mid July to Oct 1 every 5 days and had very little cat damage. You can tell the crap stays on the plant 4-5 days and no residue at harvest. It worked great!!
Ga, FF suggests you supplement with their foiler spray but thought what a waste but hecky no! I bought some Cal/mag for a foiler and maybe some mollasses too!
Great Day!!

Back
Top Bottom