GiGaBane's 2nd Grow

08-05-12 day 38

Ha read my first post in this thread earlier. babbling on about no nutes and what not. i will try that one day, but its gone out the window as i so badly want these babies to live! =)

My NL is growing slowly, i think it has just about as many nodes as the wembley, but is just smaller in every dimension. the wembley on the other hand is growing beyond all expectations.

I burned the very top by accident, went for a nap for a couple of hours with the lights 2 inches above the head...when i woke up the head was trying to push itself through the twirls of the cfl!

now im having to move the veg light sometimes twice a day, wish the NL grew so fast.
here are todays pictures.

looks like you need to lasso that wembly pardner and keep her the corral! yeehaw:bravo:

im really looking forward to growing non autos now. there is no point doing LST on this babies as it slows things down before it improves things and these have their own timer =/

just looked at my ladies very carefully and they are all woman. any advice on how to do precision hermie? ideally a single branch gone hermie on the wembley would be ideal. (that northern lights is probably a runt). coupe of dozen seeds from the wembly would rock, i would stick them in my garden just to see if they can survive, but just as a side experiment while i deal with a real non auto grow indoors.

hey gig. maybe you could make some kind of sock say out of a black plastic trash bag or better yet out of the underlaymet used to prevent weeds growing under decks and mulch you know landscape fabric anyway you could cover a branch with it and try and screw with the light cycle. I never have tried to make a hermie before so this is just a suggestion. just an idea.:love: Im sure that some one here has got a piece of input thats better then mine:peace: also I think you will have to wait till she is more into flower

also I think you will have to wait till she is more into flower

Not sure on that. i believe those white pistles are there to catch pollen, so im thinking now is the time i need some said pollen, lol

its going to be very tricky to try and make one branch turn hermie and then only pollenate 1 other branch to make seeds, but its worth a shot.

wonder how many seeds are created in a single bud? dont want to waste my crop. because i buy 10 bags most of the time, a single ounce saves me £280, and several of them allowes me to buy some serious upgrades to my garden for grow 3 ;)

like I said never hermied a plant before on purpose:goodluck:

well I do know that I have read that its easier for a plant to hermie the further along the flower is. for what its worth:peace:

15-05-12 day 45

Plants are doing well i think. lots of small bud sites and lots of room for light to get in.
the drooped from lack of water today (had to leave them drought to dry as the NL was drinking less than the wembley and was living constantly in damp mud, now i will give them different amounts of water)

here is some pics =)

:cheer:yay sweet lookin stuff! aint nothing like your own:):bravo:

hey gig:) just did the deed to my last lady:love: its in the gallery or on my journal if you want to take a look::)

thats what Iam talking about:bravo: have you tried molasses yet? once I started using it the buds almost swelled before my eyes:rollit:

will look for some, dont think i have ever seend it before, lol
look at the grocery store in the baking isle for unsulphered black strap molasses. its a dark surup. add a tbs to a gallon of water you can mix with nutes also:morenutes:and it does make a difference! didnt use it the first 2 grows. but now its a staple after she starts to flower. just what I do. so go from there boss to each his own. dont think you will be dissapointed tho:thumb:

maybe if you go to a bakery you could ask them. they use alot of it to make pumpernickle bread and rye too. just a thought. :goodluck:

25-05-12 (day 55)

Finally gave in and ordered some blackstrap online and it should be here in a few days.

Ive decided that my buds were not recieving enough light so i have cropped all the big leaves off (except 2 pair at the top of each plant), then i have tied all the branches upwards to thin the profile, move both plants as close together as possible and then moved the lights closer...maximum possible flowering light for the heat/amount of bulbs i have.
GEDC00611.JPG

GEDC00601.JPG

GEDC00591.JPG
GEDC0064.JPG
GEDC0063.JPG

GEDC0062.JPG

GEDC0065.JPG
GEDC0066.JPG

GEDC0067.JPG
GEDC0069.JPG

Back
Top Bottom