Grandpa Tokin's RDWC & Timber COBs

Great pics Grandpa. A few words wouldn't have hurt! Next time...

I was thinking the same thing. For those of us that have never seen what he is doing there, don't know exactly what is happening and why. Teach us Jedi Master GT!

GT

Can you use the bud for anything else after you run the alcohol through it?

I was wondering that same thing. Seems like there would be some THC and good stuff on the inner part of the bud, especially if its rock hard.

GT I would also love some words added my friend! Haha, that looks amazing! Is that an electric griddle you used? Have a great day, your garden looks on point as always

Thanks! I’ll work on it.

Nice to see the process! This is how I make my oils too unless im needing them fast. Then ill use my rosin press that was gifted to me. Easy and better yields than a press IMO. Plus the oil is always tasty!

I like the rosin press too, but for any fresh frozen or trim I do the Everclear thing. You’re right, it’s tasty!

Looks dabbin delightful gramps! I would love a video from you.

I’m thinking about it newty. Not sure I’m up for it, but we’ll see.

Id love to try that stankberry! If only I was near by! I bet its delightful!

I’m popping some beans this weekend. I hope to get a nice one.

I dont want to clog your thread but I was able to post a few pics in my journal if you care to peek. I now think of the munsters and grandpa in his basement lab when I see you in my feed!!

I’m going to head over there Lilolme!

GT

Can you use the bud for anything else after you run the alcohol through it?

I keep the bud after the first wash and put it back in the freezer. The next time I’ll wash with Everclear a little longer and shake a little instead of swirl. It’s usually a little darker because of the chlorofil and it’ll be a little more darker and usually a little less potent. The second batch is what I normally use to make butter or capsules with. The first batch I normally Dab. This time, however I’m going to use it for mostly capsules and a few dabs. After the second wash, the material gets bagged and thrown in the trash. I don’t put it on my compost.

I was thinking the same thing. For those of us that have never seen what he is doing there, don't know exactly what is happening and why. Teach us Jedi Master GT!

Okay, okay! I’ll work on it.

I was wondering that same thing. Seems like there would be some THC and good stuff on the inner part of the bud, especially if its rock hard.

Usually 2 washes and it’s over.

How long is each "wash"?

How much bud do you think you used there? And last question (for now)...how many 'doses' do you think that yielded you?

1. The first wash is about 30 seconds of swirling.
2. I’m not sure on weight because it was fresh frozen. I’d guess that if it was dried and cured it would be probably about 20 grams. I normally just go with about 20-30 grams.
3. If I were to dab it, there would be enough for me to be really high, all day long, for about a week or a little more if I don’t share. Mind you, I hit it all day long. With capsules I would imagine I’d get quite a bit from 1 cup of coconut oil. What I do is put the whole patty into 1 cup of oil. Not very scientific, I know, but it could be diluted further if needed. Or, it could be made stronger by using less oil.

GT gonna need a Q/A session after those pics. I've got a few but I'm sure they'll get answered here. Looks good GPT, do a little dab for me

I’m on it.

Do you decarb the oil for capsules?

Yes! I place the stuff into a silicone container and place it in my toaster oven at 250F for 10-15 minutes or until it stops bubbling. Once it’s stopped bubbling you know it’s decarbed.

I’m in the process of writing this all up for everyone. Give me about 30 minutes and I’ll post a link. I think all questions will be answered there.

That name though.. i love gladiator movies how did you know?? Getting me all worked up over here.. ..

LMAO! My Grandpa used to say, “A man who ain’t got a sense a humor, just plain ain’t got no sense.”

Quick morning update because I got shit to do! I’m doing a res change this morning, and other fun stuffs, before heading out for a day or two. I gotta make sure everyone is happy before departing.

Today is Day 28! The flowers don’t look as big as I hoped for by this time (even though the frost is there) and I hope I didn’t stress them too awfully much with the light fiasco. I’m hoping a fresh res change will slap them out of it... :tokin:

Actually, everything seems to be about normal in reality. Maybe it’s my OCD, who knows?

Please have a great weekend! See ya on the flip side...

69049961-D780-4E3F-968A-E57D76CD4626.jpeg

39E25838-51ED-4155-B39A-F39E2D4C33A0.jpeg

DD2FCCDC-6C23-4BF6-8DF9-8444C341F342.jpeg

I talked about using Cranberry juice as my bong water to help keep it clean. Well, I’ve been experimenting, and I now use about two-thirds RO water and about one-third Cranberry. It seems to keep the bong clean, but still needs to be changed every other day in my house. What’s cool is it cleans up easily.

6F8622BF-C8F1-4203-A356-BF245EF917A1.jpeg

After ~36 hours, my oil is pretty stable. Enough that you can physically handle it...for a short time. Too long and it will melt into your skin because of body heat. Unless you’re like my ex-wife, that woman is just cold hearted!

B319EEB6-A739-4D5B-95AA-C577FF0BB123.jpeg

9ED13093-C2ED-4BDA-B5F4-7647138F58C3.jpeg

Gonna miss your updates grandpa! The oil looks really tastey! Smoke on and smoke strong my friend. Catch you in a couple days ...

Woohoo! Forums appear to be back up!

Today is Day 31. Everything looks okay. The weather here has turned nasty cold. I’m still learning the ins and outs of the LED world. My grow rooms were designed to be heated by HPS...I’ve had to add heaters.

I hope everyone is doing well. Please have a great evening!

The GG clones are beginning to push side branches after being topped.

Attachments

• 5C837972-E0F9-47F9-9F98-C63BCF4A0491.jpeg
    5C837972-E0F9-47F9-9F98-C63BCF4A0491.jpeg
    967.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 93A5E8F9-4606-4191-BF4E-06A94D931D26.jpeg
    93A5E8F9-4606-4191-BF4E-06A94D931D26.jpeg
    959.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 3F5B3471-0ACF-4CD5-8FE0-3A59B8590DD6.jpeg
    3F5B3471-0ACF-4CD5-8FE0-3A59B8590DD6.jpeg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 16
  • CFA57818-F7EA-4DB3-86B9-2270EFB96126.jpeg
    CFA57818-F7EA-4DB3-86B9-2270EFB96126.jpeg