Heavenly Hybrid 2nd Grow: Blackberry Kush, Coco Grow, LED450

You guys are funny, thanks for the giggles :D
I’m afraid I don't know much about autos. They were 25 days from sprout, is that early? Maybe because of the stress I was putting on them? I’m not sure. I looked up the autos that the seedbank sells to see if I could figure it out. They only sell 11, so maybe I can Nancy Drew it and sleuth the strain? If it’s a blueberry auto, it says they usually finish in 55 days, so it could be a contender. Still waiting to hear back from them, maybe they have some insight.

Lol Dutch, if I got to choose, I’d pick the surprise you got instead of the one I got! :rofl: You turned your lemons into a lemon tree!! I’m hopeing the new auto seeds arrive tomorrow or the next day, so stay tuned!!

Thanks to you all for the support. I really love my 420 community!! :hug::hug::hug:

If they were actually auto seeds then 25 days is rather typical. To my knowledge autos generally start between days 25-30 some being sooner and others a bit later but every strain is different and environment / stress plays a part in it as well!

Have you decided which of the new auto seeds your dropping ?

I am a new grower too. I won some Auto seeds over a year ago, popped them last January. I don't know much about autos either, but I would not worry too much about the bending and such. As a general rule I think most autos start to flower after 4 weeks from seed. The one thing I can say for sure is I have worried to some degree about every grow I have had and they all seem to workout in the end. Paying attention to a plants needs is a good thing. I think you will be delighted with the end results. Cheers!

You guys are funny, thanks for the giggles :D
I’m afraid I don't know much about autos. They were 25 days from sprout, is that early? Maybe because of the stress I was putting on them? I’m not sure. I looked up the autos that the seedbank sells to see if I could figure it out. They only sell 11, so maybe I can Nancy Drew it and sleuth the strain? If it’s a blueberry auto, it says they usually finish in 55 days, so it could be a contender. Still waiting to hear back from them, maybe they have some insight.

Autos can be trained and quadlined too. I've seen many people do it as well have done it a number of times myself. If done at the right time it is no big deal. With that being said, autos can be finicky to stress so I've read (never experienced) but a bummer either way! At least you've still got one to play with and it didn't happen to all of them!

Autos can be trained and quadlined too. I've seen many people do it as well have done it a number of times myself. If done at the right time it is no big deal. With that being said, autos can be finicky to stress so I've read (never experienced) but a bummer either way! At least you've still got one to play with and it didn't happen to all of them!

Speaking of qaudline and autos Ase when do you typically top your autos! I know the cutoff mark is 14-21 days but for autos do count the first week of seedling? Just curious as to your approach on quadline autos

Speaking of qaudline and autos Ase when do you typically top your autos! I know the cutoff mark is 14-21 days but for autos do count the first week of seedling? Just curious as to your approach on quadline autos

Autos don't seem to grow that much faster to me in the early stages. It isn't until about mid veg that they start to really kick it into gear and don't look back. I generally do it at about the same time with both photos and autos.

Thanks for clearing that up... any idea what casued that auto to flower so early?
I figure it's stress of some sort but sometimes it just seems genetic. I ran two Brooklyn Sunrise Autos and one was a spog® and the other was fine.
They were 25 days from sprout, is that early?
It's not too early if that's what the plant wanted to do, but it could have been forced into flower by the stripping and topping. I always leave my autos untouched except for LST (as seen in my sig). Of course, you didn't know they were autos!

Thank you to you all for the support through my little hiccup in the tent. I love my 420 community :kiss::hug:
As for continuing to care for the autos from here - when should I start switching them over to blooming nutrients? Also, how negatively will they be affected by being under the veg spectrum their whole lives? I almost wish this third girl would turn out to be an auto too, just for simplicity’s sake!

I’m also trying to decide if I should plant new autos or photos right now, to replace the two autos when they finish out.

Update - day 27 from sprout. Day 2 from first pistils (for the 2 autos)

I moved all three girls into 1 gallon pots tonight. I was trying to hurry, so I forgot to take any pictures. Plus I was very nervous about it all anyway (anxiety issues showing!) They were each so root bound, I’m glad I didn’t wait any longer. The mystery autos are in their forever homes and Phoebe can keep growing out for her quadline. Hopefully these droopy-poops will be able to bounce back a bit, now that they can stretch those roots out.

5F3D4F17-1099-43E9-808F-BDA4E0A9E5A6.jpeg

HH you will be fine :hug:
I would go auto again, just to get some more weed on hand.
But, you could pop all and let them grow together?
So if a SPOG is not a Scrog
Then why the ref about the frog?
Really the frog has never scrogged
and never tried to sog
so the lonely old frog
should learn how to spog!

Thanks for clearing that up... any idea what casued that auto to flower so early?
Lovely rhyme :)
It could be a super fast auto. Have seen some in "Amsterdam " seedbanks
Autos don't seem to grow that much faster to me in the early stages. It isn't until about mid veg that they start to really kick it into gear and don't look back. I generally do it at about the same time with both photos and autos.
Agreed

HH you will be fine :hug:
I would go auto again, just to get some more weed on hand.
But, you could pop all and let them grow together?

Lovely rhyme :)
It could be a super fast auto. Have seen some in "Amsterdam " seedbanks
You are right in my mind Birdy. (Insert Newty and Preston mind waves meme). I have lots of options, and it’s all good problems to have. Honestly, I’m just not great at making decisions! :laugh: I also just heard back from the seedbank (which is in Amsterdam btw!) and they are replacing my whole order!! I was hoping they would resend the 5 of blackberry kush, but they’re sending all three kinds. I’m still in shock a bit. Plus I just ordered a bunch of auto seeds last week. I’m going to have seeds forever!

My current situation - 2 autos that will likely finish end of Jan-mid Feb. Assuiming the third girl will remain a photo, she’s 28 days into veg, indica dominant, training for quadline. I have a ~3x3x5 tent with a LED, so I’ll need 18-24” of headroom.

Option 1 - pop the other two “blackberry” seeds right now and see if they are autos too. If they turn out to be photos, short veg and then flip lights after the two surprise autos are out of the way.

Option 2 - when my new auto seeds arrive (hopefully today or tomorrow), pop a couple of Bubblegum autos, (sativa dominant). Then flip the one blackberry photo when the surprise autos are out of the way and then let her finish with the two Bubblegums.

I honestly feel a little inexperienced to judge/plan for how big these plants will get for my smaller space, also factoring that some are autos, sativas and indicas. I could really use any opinions and advice from my wise masters. My tiny brain can’t figure out timelines and height of plants, etc. for proper planning. Maybe I’m trying too hard to plan? Anyhow, I welcome all suggestions!

If they were actually auto seeds then 25 days is rather typical. To my knowledge autos generally start between days 25-30 some being sooner and others a bit later but every strain is different and environment / stress plays a part in it as well!

Have you decided which of the new auto seeds your dropping ?
Crud, I missed a couple posts! I’m having a tough time deciding which avenue to go, and now Shed’s in my head, giving me even more to think about! :hmmmm: If I pop autos, it’ll likely be Bubblegum, but I could also do Jack Herer auto. Feeling super indecisive about it. o_O

I am a new grower too. I won some Auto seeds over a year ago, popped them last January. I don't know much about autos either, but I would not worry too much about the bending and such. As a general rule I think most autos start to flower after 4 weeks from seed. The one thing I can say for sure is I have worried to some degree about every grow I have had and they all seem to workout in the end. Paying attention to a plants needs is a good thing. I think you will be delighted with the end results. Cheers!

@High Wally you are so right. I worried so much about my last grow and it did work out just fine. Thank you for the great reminder! :D I certainly pay close enough attention for problems, so I really shouldn’t worry so much!! :thanks:

Happy 2019 HH! I hope you and your family an amazing safe and happy new year!

Update - day 27 from sprout. Day 2 from first pistils (for the 2 autos)

I moved all three girls into 1 gallon pots tonight. I was trying to hurry, so I forgot to take any pictures. Plus I was very nervous about it all anyway (anxiety issues showing!) They were each so root bound, I’m glad I didn’t wait any longer. The mystery autos are in their forever homes and Phoebe can keep growing out for her quadline. Hopefully these droopy-poops will be able to bounce back a bit, now that they can stretch those roots out.

5F3D4F17-1099-43E9-808F-BDA4E0A9E5A6.jpeg

I just went through transplanting my guts as well! They were heavily rootbound so I’m hoping to see some nice happy plants now they have some more foot room!

This is about when I transplanted my Blue Treacle Auto 1 and it came through like a champ! Root bound plants often show droop or deficiencies, so I'd expect them to turn around soon.

I just witnessed this first hand with my EM1.1 clone. She looked sad and was showing a “P” deficiency in veg so after talking with Shed and Penny I decided to transplant. Good decision!

You are right in my mind Birdy. (Insert Newty and Preston mind waves meme). I have lots of options, and it’s all good problems to have. Honestly, I’m just not great at making decisions! :laugh: I also just heard back from the seedbank (which is in Amsterdam btw!) and they are replacing my whole order!! I was hoping they would resend the 5 of blackberry kush, but they’re sending all three kinds. I’m still in shock a bit. Plus I just ordered a bunch of auto seeds last week. I’m going to have seeds forever!

My current situation - 2 autos that will likely finish end of Jan-mid Feb. Assuiming the third girl will remain a photo, she’s 28 days into veg, indica dominant, training for quadline. I have a ~3x3x5 tent with a LED, so I’ll need 18-24” of headroom.

Option 1 - pop the other two “blackberry” seeds right now and see if they are autos too. If they turn out to be photos, short veg and then flip lights after the two surprise autos are out of the way.

Option 2 - when my new auto seeds arrive (hopefully today or tomorrow), pop a couple of Bubblegum autos, (sativa dominant). Then flip the one blackberry photo when the surprise autos are out of the way and then let her finish with the two Bubblegums.

I honestly feel a little inexperienced to judge/plan for how big these plants will get for my smaller space, also factoring that some are autos, sativas and indicas. I could really use any opinions and advice from my wise masters. My tiny brain can’t figure out timelines and height of plants, etc. for proper planning. Maybe I’m trying too hard to plan? Anyhow, I welcome all suggestions!

Wow that’s some amazing customer service! Replacing your whole order is a pleasant surprise.

I think tossing the autos and replacing them with something you know will produce what you expect is a better option than growing those out (could be another 60 days!) and hoping they give you something worth the time and money.

Please excuse the run-on sentence!

I agree with Shed unless you have the space energy and time to run those smaller autos out I would toss them and start fresh with seeds that you know are either autos or photos!

I’m sure whichever way you choose to go it will turn out fine and dandy!

Back
Top Bottom