How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Yes exactly , i am sure we all have plenty experience through research , trial & error and actual first hand evidence , that we will have no problem keeping this moving forward. I still continue to treat many ppl
With different ailments using various methods and will continue to post any new findings positive or negative that can help our 420 community. ✌🏽

We've got, like, 100 years experience with just counting a few of us.
Piece of cake.
Easy as pie.
This is no problem and probably the reason we all got emails referring us back to 420Mag.....
We are still active and willing to answer any questions about our beloved oil.

:Namaste:

Oh wow I am so glad life has been brought back into this thread!

Tried again with making the oil once I got the Hydrometer and a new source for the alcohol, this is my result...I will be filtering again but it looks like it has pulled something off the plants this time!

Quick question, the cannabis material that I used, is it trash now or can I use it to infuse I to a tea?

IMG_20240126_105150.jpg

Tried again with making the oil once I got the Hydrometer and a new source for the alcohol, this is my result...I will be filtering again but it looks like it has pulled something off the plants this time!

Quick question, the cannabis material that I used, is it trash now or can I use it to infuse I to a tea?

IMG_20240126_105150.jpg
Congratulations! What proof alcohol did you end up getting and did your test match what was on the label (if there even was a label :) )?

If the alcohol was high proof (over 160) then I would think the leftovers wouldn't have any THC left in it, but that doesn't mean it's not worth trying!

IMG_20240126_105150.jpg

I'll stick my oar in the water here too.

If you've done 5 washes as it looks like that pot isn't going to be of any use for anything now except compost. The first is nice enough for dabs so if some nice honey oil turns you on you could use it for that and the rest for oil to make edibles with.

You could leave the darker ones in the sun for a while to get rid of a lot of the green.

One I did a while back with 103g of keif and 550g of bud and sugar trim. Got 130g of really good RSO out of it. Gave all but 20g away to a couple friends in dire need. Didn't save them unfortunately but gave them some relief at least on their way out.

The keif I did at room temp but the pot got the QWISO treatment. Combined it together after weighing from each then combining and decarbing.

The keif.
103gKief01.JPG

Both.
OilBatch550pot103kief130921.JPG

After filtering in EverClear bottles.
KiefExtract01.JPG

After a couple hours in the sun.

KiefExtract02.JPG

Cooking off the last of the ISO before decarbing.
EndOfISO01.JPG

After the decarb.

CoolingDish.JPG

I recovered most of the ISO using a 4L countertop still with temp control set to 82C. I have since found all the glassware I need to do fractional distillation under vacuum so I can clean up and reuse my ISO safely. I have a few pounds of pot saved up in the freezer to make a much bigger batch.

:peace:

IMG_20240126_105150.jpg
The alcohol is either polar or non polar and absorbs additional material while dissolving the trichomes. When using high proof alcohol there is nothing left to waste left over, dispose of the processed cannabis mater.

I only did two washes but split it between 5 cups so it would filter faster, I was impatient

When you're not feeling in a rush you could just strain your washes into bottles then let them sit for a day or more until all the fines settle out then swiftly decant them into other containers like you do with homemade wine or beer. That way the fine sediments are left behind and won't plug up a coffee filter for the final filtering and it will go like pouring water thru the filter.

To make the filtering go faster I used a glue gun to run solid bars of glue vertically inside a regular plastic funnel to lift the filter paper away from the surface. Kind of like the ribs inside a coffee filter basket. Then everything isn't all down in that little point at the bottom.

Funnel.JPG

ReadyToStart01.JPG

When you're not feeling in a rush you could just strain your washes into bottles then let them sit for a day or more until all the fines settle out then swiftly decant them into other containers like you do with homemade wine or beer. That way the fine sediments are left behind and won't plug up a coffee filter for the final filtering and it will go like pouring water thru the filter.

To make the filtering go faster I used a glue gun to run solid bars of glue vertically inside a regular plastic funnel to lift the filter paper away from the surface. Kind of like the ribs inside a coffee filter basket. Then everything isn't all down in that little point at the bottom.

Funnel.JPG

ReadyToStart01.JPG

Nice setup
Never even gave the lines of glue in the funnel a thought, since my coffee pot has groves in the funnel
Nice tip for those using a funnel:high-five:
IMG_5294.JPG

I know it’s been a while and I’m grateful to see the activity due to email notifications mysteriously reactivated. I won’t be chiming in too much so as not to clutter the wealth of information already available in this thread that has been nothing short of a miracle for helping to save lives or at least ease the suffering for countless individuals. I will only add for now that if you go back to the beginnings and work your way forward there is truly no need for anything more than paying attention to detail and a desire to live and help others do the same. When I started on this journey to save myself and my father I never would’ve dreamed either of us would still be here so many years later but we both are and as healthy as we ever could’ve dreamed. He’s now 82 and still going strong so there are miracles. On the flip side we’ve lost some to cancer that had metastasized to the bones before treatment that all we could do was help ease the suffering. I’ll be happy to answer specific questions that haven’t been covered in depth already for those who made the effort to start from post 1. And more than happy to attest to the successes or not so successful outcomes but I admonish everyone to put in the effort so that you and yours can become the next miracle and testament for survival. I would love more than anything to hear and see testimonials for the more challenging ailment such as bone cancer and cardiovascular diseases whether our wonderful oil helped or not and what methods of administration worked or didn’t. Love and respect to you all!

@InTheShed 175 proof and no label, just a promise that it will burn if I take it straight 🤣
@OldMedUser I only did two washes but split it between 5 cups so it would filter faster, I was impatient 😂
@KingJohnC Oh ok this makes sense

Thanks guys, I will just throw it away!
190 proof / 95% is required

I know it’s been a while and I’m grateful to see the activity due to email notifications mysteriously reactivated. I won’t be chiming in too much so as not to clutter the wealth of information already available in this thread that has been nothing short of a miracle for helping to save lives or at least ease the suffering for countless individuals. I will only add for now that if you go back to the beginnings and work your way forward there is truly no need for anything more than paying attention to detail and a desire to live and help others do the same. When I started on this journey to save myself and my father I never would’ve dreamed either of us would still be here so many years later but we both are and as healthy as we ever could’ve dreamed. He’s now 82 and still going strong so there are miracles. On the flip side we’ve lost some to cancer that had metastasized to the bones before treatment that all we could do was help ease the suffering. I’ll be happy to answer specific questions that haven’t been covered in depth already for those who made the effort to start from post 1. And more than happy to attest to the successes or not so successful outcomes but I admonish everyone to put in the effort so that you and yours can become the next miracle and testament for survival. I would love more than anything to hear and see testimonials for the more challenging ailment such as bone cancer and cardiovascular diseases whether our wonderful oil helped or not and what methods of administration worked or didn’t. Love and respect to you all!
When we migrated to the new forum software, the new settings were set to only send email notifications to people who had logged in for the last year. I recently discovered it and opened it up to the beginning of time, but then we got blacklisted. So I had to revert it back to the last year to get us cleared. So those of you returning probably logged in during that short window, and now you've been logged in since the last year, hence still getting the emails. Thanks for coming back to help further our collective mission, we are truly grateful for you 🙏🏼

Back
Top Bottom