I'm Back! - Growlow's Perpetual Organic Garden!

UPDATE AUGUST 3RD 2016

So another quick update before I dash out the door to NZ. I wanted to share my findings on the flower from the selected Black Berry Soda phenos. I REALLY lucked out. Achieved exactly what I was going for. At least 1 of the 3 will become a Clone only cut. I'm not even sure if I'll feminize her. Just keep her in cut only form. That is the Black Cherry Float. It made some of the tastiest rosin I've yet to try. I'm not one to be bias neither. Super critical of myself by nature. If I am successful in my reveg of her I'll be sharing a cut of her with my mate Noob. As he is local and has shown interest. I'm a small batch breeder but take pride in my productions. Every breeding is well thought out with the intention on complimenting it's heritage. Not simply focused on making something more potent. All 3 of the Pheno's selected are real "easy rider" like for a definite Sativa Dominant. Blackberry is mostly Sativa and so is Black Cherry Soda. Definitely not one for bed time but it won't keep you up all wired like let's say Green Crack or Jack the Ripper. I'll try take a video and upload it before I leave! Cheers!
And I am secretly sneaking into the suitcase.. and will let myself out and then disappear in the lands of NZ... you will find me somewhere out there in the great outdoors...

Have a safe trip.

Haha well maybe not so much in your neck of the woods haha. Durban Poisons origins come out of South Africa mostly. Though she was cultivated by Mr Ed Rosenthall himself in his home in the US. One of my all time favourite!

I've spoken to Ed in person before and he is convinced there is some Malawi in DP's genes. So a bit north of Swazi. Not like you don't know where it is ;)

I'm glad you spoke about the origins of DP. It is supposed to be a landrace strain... yeah, not so much. I've seen plenty of SA sativa strains. Nothing looks as civilized as DP. LOL! I seriously doubt it's 100% sativa as well. As long as it is mostly sativa, and created mostly from African landraces (and probably some indica to tame the beast), then I am all for it. I have 2 reg beans of DP. Just waiting for the right time to pop them.

UPDATE AUGUST 3RD 2016

So another quick update before I dash out the door to NZ. I wanted to share my findings on the flower from the selected Black Berry Soda phenos. I REALLY lucked out. Achieved exactly what I was going for. At least 1 of the 3 will become a Clone only cut. I'm not even sure if I'll feminize her. Just keep her in cut only form. That is the Black Cherry Float. It made some of the tastiest rosin I've yet to try. I'm not one to be bias neither. Super critical of myself by nature. If I am successful in my reveg of her I'll be sharing a cut of her with my mate Noob. As he is local and has shown interest. I'm a small batch breeder but take pride in my productions. Every breeding is well thought out with the intention on complimenting it's heritage. Not simply focused on making something more potent. All 3 of the Pheno's selected are real "easy rider" like for a definite Sativa Dominant. Blackberry is mostly Sativa and so is Black Cherry Soda. Definitely not one for bed time but it won't keep you up all wired like let's say Green Crack or Jack the Ripper. I'll try take a video and upload it before I leave! Cheers!

I can't wait GL! I am so honored to have an opportunity to grow one of your strains.
Cheers

And I am secretly sneaking into the suitcase.. and will let myself out and then disappear in the lands of NZ... you will find me somewhere out there in the great outdoors...

Have a safe trip.

Hahaha Jump on in. Though I'll warn ya. Customs in a Australia and New Zealand don't muck around. They do a real good job of protecting all of that beauty ;)

I'm glad you spoke about the origins of DP. It is supposed to be a landrace strain... yeah, not so much. I've seen plenty of SA sativa strains. Nothing looks as civilized as DP. LOL! I seriously doubt it's 100% sativa as well. As long as it is mostly sativa, and created mostly from African landraces (and probably some indica to tame the beast), then I am all for it. I have 2 reg beans of DP. Just waiting for the right time to pop them.

I've a lot of friends all over SA. I've been in the real bush. I've seen the landrace strain SA has to offer and none exhibit DP's growing behaviour. So I agree with you entirely. It most certainly has some Indica in it somewhere. Regardless it's a stunning African Frankenstein like creation in the Cannabis Industry that I think we should all be grateful of. Seriously one of the best Sativa's you can get your hands on if you have the right pheno ;)

I can't wait GL! I am so honored to have an opportunity to grow one of your strains.
Cheers

My pleasure brotha! I'll probably throw a cut OG's way as well. He's due to get a Charlottes Web cut off of me one of these days... why not double deck 'im ;)

Landed safe! I really wish you could all be here with me on the land of my people. I have to spend $200 to keep an internet connection. Which I have turned on to do some emails for the next hour. I had to pop in here real quick! I can see why my ancestors gave their lives in battle for this place. It's special! Look forward to getting back with you all in a couple of days! Hei konā

Landed safe! I really wish you could all be here with me on the land of my people. I have to spend $200 to keep an internet connection. Which I have turned on to do some emails for the next hour. I had to pop in here real quick! I can see why my ancestors gave their lives in battle for this place. It's special! Look forward to getting back with you all in a couple of days! Hei konā

Nice to hear you had a safe trip.
Kia pai a whakakiia koutou wairua!! Enjoy and fill your soul :thanks:

My pleasure brotha! I'll probably throw a cut OG's way as well. He's due to get a Charlottes Web cut off of me one of these days... why not double deck 'im ;)
:circle-of-love::circle-of-love: I would be ecstatic to get anything from your garden mate.

While I have never traveled there, it is on my list of places I would like to see before I die and yes you are right, it is special. Hope your adventure is a great one and gives you many fond memories to look back on. Be safe my friend but have fun

What's good Growlow ? Looks like you are bro. What a beautiful photo. Have a wonderful time.

Nice to hear you had a safe trip. Picture is breath taking!!!
Kia pai a whakakiia koutou wairua!! Enjoy and fill your soul :thanks:

Last day here today! It's always so purifying and energizing. I leave with more than I came with :) Glad you enjoyed the snapshot AB!

Haikona! Beautiful

It is called the Pelorous Sound. She is something else ;)

:circle-of-love::circle-of-love: I would be ecstatic to get anything from your garden mate.... While I have never traveled there, it is on my list of places I would like to see before I die and yes you are right, it is special. Hope your adventure is a great one and gives you many fond memories to look back on. Be safe my friend but have fun

The adventure was fulfilling. I couldn't think of a better way of starting my Genetics line by sharing with like minded mates who are local :) My wife is in the midst of designing the website and phone app for our small batch brand. So once it's all completed I'll be excited to share with everyone. Might even do a small competition to decide on designs and what ends up on our genetics list. Some other fun stuff like that ;) Hope you and the Mrs are well my mate!

Just found your journal! I'm digging it! I too am working on creating my own seeds so I'm really hoping to see someone doing some unique strains, which you seem to be doing. Well, time to catch up on your vids, Peace .

Welcome Bumble! Fantastic to hear of your enthusiasm. You've come to the right place. I encourage more people to make their own seeds. It's a sure way to ensure future stock. I do this for more plants than just Cannabis. I have a huge heirloom garden outside that gets as much love as my indoor garden. glad to have you on board mate and feel free to shoot any questions if you think I can help in some way :)

Poppin bye to say hello and also wow what a stunning view! :)

Cheers LA! Hope you're all good mate :) NZ is not short on nice views hehe

What's good Growlow ? Looks like you are bro. What a beautiful photo. Have a wonderful time.

Everything is good mate :) How are you and your mrs? I've been spoiled with good food, good weather and great company! Cheers for swinging through bud. Sending you these awesomely good vibes I'm feeling right now.:goof:

GREAT to hear that! I have a very close friend that lives around you there in Preston. He also owns a tat shop and is very active in the organic community! Preston Ink is his shop. A super cool Rastafarian indeed so if your ever in his hood, please feel free to get acquainted. He's one of us!! I will definitely be dipping into your well of knowledge with this wonderful plant. I'm doing a test run right now with 3 mystery females, and a male Skunk. My first batch! Ill rename all 3 and keep em as personal. Hoping to expand my collection and knowledge as I go and am not into whats trendy, just what works, so THANKS for the in, to be IN! PEACE...

GREAT to hear that! I have a very close friend that lives around you there in Preston. He also owns a tat shop and is very active in the organic community! Preston Ink is his shop. A super cool Rastafarian indeed so if your ever in his hood, please feel free to get acquainted. He's one of us!! I will definitely be dipping into your well of knowledge with this wonderful plant. I'm doing a test run right now with 3 mystery females, and a male Skunk. My first batch! Ill rename all 3 and keep em as personal. Hoping to expand my collection and knowledge as I go and am not into whats trendy, just what works, so THANKS for the in, to be IN!�� PEACE... ��

Oh nice one man! I'm not interested in whats trendy myself.I like what I like and I like to blend what I like together to see what I get. Breeding is fun but far from easy! It takes patience and time to create stabilized genetics. Starting with what you have will be a hit and miss scenario. Since you have no idea who the 3 females are. With that said Gorilla Glue 4 has less than desirable history in regards to how it came to be. Essentially GG4 is the product of an unintended breeding. Room stress factors made the Chem Sister get nanners which pollinated the Sour Dub sitting beside it. Producing a whole lot of hermied genetics. GG4 was one of 4 out of god know how many seeds that actually came out as female. Sometimes even the popular fancy stuff comes about out of pure incompetence or inexperience. Though like I said planned and stabilized genetics is the way to go. It's the first step in creating monster plants ;)

Awesome indoor setup Growlow! One day my tent and skills will awesome too!

Thanks mate! I'm happy with it for now. Though to be honest a change could be coming. Depending on whether we sell our current home. I have my eye on an outdoor underground greenhouse concept. That's my dream at least ;) Cheers for swinging through 4Dutchess! You are very welcome here :)

I'm late but I'm here and I'm sorry.

<insert many nice words here> :rofl:

I've all caught up and sitting comfortable ready for the rest of the show :passitleft:

Hahah no worries my mate! No apologies needed :) Your presence is warmly receive :Namaste:

<insert ball busting words here> :rofl: :passitleft:

Underground greenhouse? I can't wait to see that. You have the best ideas.

Cheers

Oh yeah brotha! Self insulating. That's even before I create a personalized hempcrete shell Fitted with ducting and a whole bunch of awesome stuff for wiring up solar creating a light deprivation underground green house. Bringing the indoors.. outdoors hehe.

Oh yeah brotha! Self insulating. That's even before I create a personalized hempcrete shell Fitted with ducting and a whole bunch of awesome stuff for wiring up solar creating a light deprivation underground green house. Bringing the indoors.. outdoors hehe.

this sounds like a picture construction.. do want to see in action

Underground greenhouse grow. Very appropos coming from you bud. You are giving a whole new meaning to, Growlow.
Later man. Glad I stopped in this morn.

Back
Top Bottom