InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

It’s as essential as alcohol to a lot of people.

Shit, it is to me. Not life saving to me, but it's definitely saves the lives of idiots everywhere. :rofl:

Gawd, if the idiots only knew how great their lives are, because of herb in the right hands. :bongrip: I know dozens of em. :high-five:

I just heard from one of our favorite MIA growers (moved to IG): @newty! She just came in 2nd place in a Canada-wide growing competition. :yahoo: She missed first place by just a single point. :(

She's grower #5

Anyone ever doubt her?

Now that is amazing! Our little Newty, do miss her a lot.... :green_heart:

Anyone seen Kismet lately?

Congratulations on the 1k pages!!! :yahoo:

Man your plants looks so beautiful. I love how thick it is on the colas already. Really glad to have been given advice by you. The photos also so well taken. I really need to learn how to do that.

G'mornin shed and all. GT! Fat beauties. Sunny day for pullin weeds here. Stay safe and stay stoned! :ciao: :yummy::volcano-smiley::peace::meditate:

I know there is a lot of BSing that goes on in this thread. But I also know there is a TON of experience browsing this thread. I don't have a whole lot of experience growing autoflowering plants. I have one now that is a wee bit sparse but I'm holding out hope for it. Shed saw photos of it last night and I'll share them here now.

Here is what I am wondering and hope you guys will have a definitive and not speculative answer for me on this one.

Question: Do auto flower plants respond the same way to super cropping as a photoperiod plant does? And can you super crop and auto about 10 days after it's started flowering? Mine is in a 15 gallon pot and hit 91cm tall this morning when I measured it and it doesn't look like it's planning on stopping it's stretch anytime soon. She's already a little too close to the light for my liking. And I have nowhere else I can put her. Here are a couple pictures. What do you guys and gals think?

The photos also so well taken. I really need to learn how to do that.
Thanks DK, but it's just my cell phone and me on a ladder! The green turf and California sunshine doesn't hurt either :).
G'mornin shed and all. GT! Fat beauties. Sunny day for pullin weeds here. Stay safe and stay stoned!
:thanks: Fred. Right back atcha! And :welcome: to my little slice of 420magazine :).
Do auto flower plants respond the same way to super cropping as a photoperiod plant does?
I already posted my thoughts in Chef D's threads, but to answer that question, yes and no. Yes it will slow the plant down as it repairs the damage and no it won't necessarily make the buds bigger because slowing down autos isn't usually a good thing.

That said, no harm in trying with that leggy plant. It was never destined to fill jars anyway!

I know there is a lot of BSing that goes on in this thread. But I also know there is a TON of experience browsing this thread. I don't have a whole lot of experience growing autoflowering plants. I have one now that is a wee bit sparse but I'm holding out hope for it. Shed saw photos of it last night and I'll share them here now.

Here is what I am wondering and hope you guys will have a definitive and not speculative answer for me on this one.

Question: Do auto flower plants respond the same way to super cropping as a photoperiod plant does? And can you super crop and auto about 10 days after it's started flowering? Mine is in a 15 gallon pot and hit 91cm tall this morning when I measured it and it doesn't look like it's planning on stopping it's stretch anytime soon. She's already a little too close to the light for my liking. And I have nowhere else I can put her. Here are a couple pictures. What do you guys and gals think?

I supercropped 6 stalks on my Dreamberry auto without issue, but she was a real hearty grower from day one.

I had already topped, trained, and transplanted her. I had the data to suggest she could handle it.

There's really no telling with autos though. What works for one, may not for another.

Here's a pic of mine now...
IMG_20200414_220159_395.jpg

Best of luck!
:thumb:

Ahoy there,
Expressions of gratitude are extended to you and the @beez0404 tutorial on clones you had me try. Following your collective guidance I can happily report I am killing less clones. At this point the last six cuttings have all survived my care.
This changes everything, finally enough success to engineer more studies.

Again, thanks Shed

That said, no harm in trying with that leggy plant. It was never destined to fill jars anyway!
I'm holding out hope for that leggy lass that she's going to have a bud site growth explosion. And I agree with you on the super cropping. No sense letting what might be the only good bud get up into the light and get burned and crunchy. I'll super crop her this afternoon. Hopefully it will bend but not snap/break.

I supercropped a Purple Punch auto mid flower, didn't phase her a bit-the buds on the supercropped branches weren't any bigger than the others,but they weren't smaller either
I kinked about 3 branches,the other 3 bent "smoothly" without a kink.
Didn't matter, they all did fine, although the kinked ones look a little scary right at first...

Back
Top Bottom