InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Well, I've never really done it, but I think just pluck the seed. When I accidentally had those Cindy 99s they just fell out during harvest so I imagine they will slip out fairly easily?
Well I couldn't actually find the two I saw this morning, but I thought I found them and it turned out I plucked two immature seeds. Oof!

I think I'll just let the whole plant ripen until it's dead, then I'll see what falls out after chop.
I hope all is well @InTheShed I have some catching up to do but those sour G seeds are awesome! The mom looks gorgeous. I see there is definitely some content on aphids and the leaf issue so I know I'll learn tons. Happy Thursday, mi amigo
Hey MG good to see you! I'm glad you're back to see me finally get a few seeds after all these attempts. :)

Don't catch up much...I'll be putting up pics of all the plants over the next few days.

Hey Shed. Long time.

Just wanted to pop in and give a well overdue thanks for the Golden Tiger rec way back.

Fire. Spot on. Her and a Colombian finished up last summer. She was so good. Perfect strain for me.

Have the GTxPanama cross that I’m starting in the next week or so. Along with killer A5 and Zamadellica. (That run will also have Crescendo, Mountaintop Mint, and something else. Maybe Stoopid Fruits.)

Anyway, been meaning to swing by and say thanks, so again, Thanks!

Keep em green.

I don't know if this info is still needed or not but Nebula Haze has this to say about septoria. :battingeyelashes:

Friday pic-dump update, which means it's a lot more than just aphid closeups (much as I know you love those)!

Since we were talking about seeds yesterday, here are the two I plucked last night, which I don't think are the two I pictured in the morning since these seem less ripe:

They're in an open mini-Altoids tin drying out, and I'll add any more that I end up with. How about a full pic of the two pollinated plants (on flip day 50 left and 43 right):

And here is the Sour G that was sprayed with the 50/50 STS, on flip day 58:

It's a mess of old pollen sacs, possible new ones, thrips, ladybugs in various states of being, and maybe a seed or two.

In case you're wondering about the yellow leaves, all three of the Sour G plants have been living on 4.5g MC equivalent since before they were flipped because that's what I always have on hand. Flowering strength nutes are all used by these two...

Candida on flip day 12, with pistils:

Here's Jack Herer 1.1 (from @Weed Seeds Express) on flip day 40. I took the last one down on flip 76:

It's got that great late flower fade going on. ;) I bumped the N this morning.

Also, here are the Trainwreck from @Weed Seeds Express (left) and Purple Urkle on day 45, just before I topped them:

Both got topped above the 9th node this time. TW:

PU:

The tops:

And finally, to close out 7 days of aphid pics, here are the Sour G cuttings after 7 days of spraying with 2:9 70% iso:water...

I'll spray again on Sunday and keep you posted, probably without pics going forward.

I hope you all have a great weekend planned. Enjoy! :cool:

Quotes:
Hey Shed. Long time.
Just wanted to pop in and give a well overdue thanks for the Golden Tiger rec way back.
Fire. Spot on. Her and a Colombian finished up last summer. She was so good. Perfect strain for me.
Have the GTxPanama cross that I’m starting in the next week or so. Along with killer A5 and Zamadellica. (That run will also have Crescendo, Mountaintop Mint, and something else. Maybe Stoopid Fruits.)
Anyway, been meaning to swing by and say thanks, so again, Thanks!
Keep em green.
Howdy mV! Definitely been a while and I'm glad to hear the GT was a winner. We still have some jars of it left since it was one of my largest harvest ever, and even have some Colombian Gold too.

Sounds like you've got a great lineup coming up so :goodluck: with what's next!
Hey shed. Got work cut out this week. Trimming and such. Just checking in on ya bro. Got keep around just in case I have issue.
Trimming is always rewarding because of what's on the other side! Here's to no issues. :high-five:
Man I would have Vacuumed them fuxking Aphids , nasty little bastards ,, Don't know if the seeded plant is to big or not worth trying but usually if the seeds are ready a little shake of the trunk/plant will turn loose what is ready = Be sure to have paper or floor to be able to catch them LOL
There's an invention sb...a bug vacuum that sucks the insects and eggs off the plant but leaves everything else intact! Once you've got the patent @Grand Daddy Black will work up the name for you. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh, I tried shaking the STS sprayed plant and all I got on the plate was empty pollen sacs and thips. 🤷
I don't know if this info is still needed or not but Nebula Haze has this to say about septoria.
Thanks HG! I'm pretty sure I read that page way back when I first started growing 5 years ago and thought I had septoria (I didn't that time). She recommends neem (which I've been using) and sulfur, which I don't have. I did spray them with the Southern Ag fungicide this morning after taking off the infected leaves, so we'll see if that's the end of it. :slide:

Friday pic-dump update, which means it's a lot more than just aphid closeups (much as I know you love those)!

Since we were talking about seeds yesterday, here are the two I plucked last night, which I don't think are the two I pictured in the morning since these seem less ripe:

They're in an open mini-Altoids tin drying out, and I'll add any more that I end up with. How about a full pic of the two pollinated plants (on flip day 50 left and 43 right):

And here is the Sour G that was sprayed with the 50/50 STS, on flip day 58:

It's a mess of old pollen sacs, possible new ones, thrips, ladybugs in various states of being, and maybe a seed or two.

In case you're wondering about the yellow leaves, all three of the Sour G plants have been living on 4.5g MC equivalent since before they were flipped because that's what I always have on hand. Flowering strength nutes are all used by these two...

Here's Jack Herer 1.1 (from @Weed Seeds Express) on flip day 40. I took the last one down on flip 76:

It's got that great late flower fade going on. ;) I bumped the N this morning.

Also, here are the Trainwreck from @Weed Seeds Express (left) and Purple Urkle on day 45, just before I topped them:

Both got topped above the 9th node this time. TW:

PU:

The tops:

And finally, to close out 7 days of aphid pics, here are the Sour G cuttings after 7 days of spraying with 2:9 70% iso:water...

I'll spray again on Sunday and keep you posted, probably without pics going forward.

I hope you all have a great weekend planned. Enjoy! :cool:

Quotes:

Howdy mV! Definitely been a while and I'm glad to hear the GT was a winner. We still have some jars of it left since it was one of my largest harvest ever, and even have some Colombian Gold too.

Sounds like you've got a great lineup coming up so :goodluck: with what's next!

Trimming is always rewarding because of what's on the other side! Here's to no issues. :high-five:

There's an invention sb...a bug vacuum that sucks the insects and eggs off the plant but leaves everything else intact! Once you've got the patent @Grand Daddy Black will work up the name for you. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh, I tried shaking the STS sprayed plant and all I got on the plate was empty pollen sacs and thips. 🤷

Thanks HG! I'm pretty sure I read that page way back when I first started growing 5 years ago and thought I had septoria (I didn't that time). She recommends neem (which I've been using) and sulfur, which I don't have. I did spray them with the Southern Ag fungicide this morning after taking off the infected leaves, so we'll see if that's the end of it. :slide:
As usual I am speechless when you do a big post. That Candida… :adore: . The Jack Herer too, my god. And F aphids.

Candida and Jack are looking great. Lots of Guy Fieri’s in the making. You’ve got me thinking about flowering another Candida, yours is so full and lush.

a bug vacuum that sucks the insects and eggs off the plant but leaves everything else intact!
Funny enough, there is such a thing. But it’s huge piece of farm equipment. They use them on organic strawberries. We need the home edition guys!

Looks like septoria to me. Hasn't spread to the Purple Urkle right next to it yet,

Anyone have any other thoughts?
My outdoor plants get hit with septoria every season. It affects some plants worse than others. I haven't found a cure for it yet either, other than to pluck the infected leaves at first sign.
Fortunately, I've not seen it affect the production of my flowers to any noticeable extent.
I did a quick look around the Sour G that was flipped a week after the STS one, and I found two visible seeds! On flip day 49:
Yay seeds! :yahoo:
I don't want to lose them in the schlepping and misting (every morning when the come out of the tent in case the STS one is still spitting pollen), so I'm not sure what to do. Pluck them or wait?
I've read somewhere that seeds need about 6 weeks to fully mature.
:adore: Wow, that Candida looks beautiful!

...Monday top-o'-the-page update! I hope you all had a lovely relaxing weekend, unless you're into tension and anxiety and then I hope it was like that. :thumb:

Not much to talk about after the big pic dump on Friday, but I did upcan the new Candida mother plant:

The roots:

The roots scored:

All settled into its 1 gallon home:

I also started training the Purple Urkle. I added the StankClips® to the top nodes, which attaches them to the fan leaves just below them. Then I tie the fan leaves down to the lip of the pot with pipe cleaners and binder clips:

That keeps them flat. I tied the next node down to the pot lip as well:

You can see that the third node down has already reached the top, so in a few days I will deal with those, all while the lowers make their way to the top.

Finally, I made my two last sourdough loaves this weekend:
View media item 1870885
I've come to realize that it's not worth the amount of time it takes to makes them, tying me to the house for most of Saturday with leaven making, dough making, folding four times over the course of hours, and then making the actual loaves to go into the bannetons. Not to mention the hoops I have to jump through to keep the dough warm enough to rise in my house. And of course the Sunday morning hours of oven pre-heating, baking with the lid on, baking with the lid off, cooling, reheating the oven, and starting all over again with the second loaf.

I do want to thank @dynamo1 for sending me the amazing starter his father created and the help he provided in getting me to successful loaves. I still have some dried starter sealed in a jar in the back of the closet if I want to pick this up again (or pass some along - as I already have). But I'm the only one in my family fond of homemade sourdough and it's just too much of a time commitment to make.

Thanks for stopping by for a look, and I hope your week goes according to plan!

Quotes:
Nice work Shed! I hope the aphids get the message soon, stubborn little bastards.
Thanks Stunger. I did another spray yesterday so I'll check them tomorrow and see how dead they are!
As usual I am speechless when you do a big post. That Candida… . The Jack Herer too, my god. And F aphids.
Thanks Jon! That Candida will get the post-stretch thinning this weekend...should be fun. :)
Our state NC is almost there with the medical marijuana bill one more step https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article262075962.html Thanks for the Idea , I may have to confront GDB and see what we can come up with Plants look stellar !
Great news sb! I hope they get it passed soon and they decriminalize home grows. :goodluck:
"SuckaBug Deluxe"!
LOL! You work better without that crew.
"SuckaBug Deluxe"! Good deal and there are No Good Matches for tat on Google LOL
Perfect! Register that domain name and get the patent filed. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Funny enough, there is such a thing. But it’s huge piece of farm equipment. They use them on organic strawberries. We need the home edition guys!
Miniaturization is the key!
Candida and Jack are looking great. Lots of Guy Fieri’s in the making. You’ve got me thinking about flowering another Candida, yours is so full and lush.
Thanks double H! I'm actually finally starting to dip into the last turkey bag so it was time to restock. Give it a go with one of yours if the jars are looking lean!
That's the same I've heard to do with septoria. Good luck!
Thanks Otter! I'll give them another fungicide spray tomorrow and then wait a week to see what happens.
How many weeks have you been treating the aphids? Tough little buggers!
I did 7 days of spraying in a row for this test. Now I'm doing every 3 days to see if they'll eventually go for good.
My outdoor plants get hit with septoria every season. It affects some plants worse than others. I haven't found a cure for it yet either, other than to pluck the infected leaves at first sign. Fortunately, I've not seen it affect the production of my flowers to any noticeable extent.
That's what I had back on one of my earliest plants but it never progressed into the dark spots with light surrounds so I wasn't sure it was actually septoria. That time I just used neem on and it never progressed or affected anything other than a few leaves.

I took the spotted ones off and sprayed with the Southern Ag GFF so I'm hoping it's over and done. :nervous-guy:
Yay seeds!
I know right?
I've read somewhere that seeds need about 6 weeks to fully mature.
Oh thanks! It's hard to count 42 days after pollination when I don't know which application of pollen was the time that worked. :hmmmm:

I'm just going to let them die on the vine (stop drinking completely) and then harvest. From flip they're on day 61 (STS), 53, and 46. Figuring at least 7 days to get pistils plus another week for them to get big enough for me to have tried pollination and I'd say I have a ways to go! Does my math seem right there? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Wow, that Candida looks beautiful!
Thanks! It will look worse later in flower so enjoy it while you can. :p

Back
Top Bottom