InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thank you for this @InTheShed , :thanks:
Yes, I too have found that a 1:1 ratio of CBD/THC works well for me. The Cream & Cheese CBD is "advertised" to be 18% CBD and 23% THC. But you're right, it may not actually be this way at all... depends on a host of variables during the cultivation and curing. Even so, I have found that, whatever is going on with this one, it's really doing the trick for me. While I'm no expert, I'm finding that the THC from many other cultivars have an odd effect on me, even when I mix them in a salad with CBD plants. It must be something else in this particular cultivar that's good for my condition. Other cannabinoids perhaps, and the terpenes as well. While there are a few times that I'd like the THC to be just a tad lower, I'm so extremely pleased with the harvest from this one plant, that I'm reluctant to change things too much, as it's been a game changer for me. :meditate:

With all this in mind, I simply can't wrap my head around the stupidity of our "government" when there was a prohibition on this wonderful gift from Mother Nature. I always say: "It's a plant, not a drug."
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

I had my first pollen (from a male plant) stored in the freezer, but when I took it out to try it the moisture in the ziploc condensed and ruined it. That's why I keep it in the fridge now. I also use the little silica pellets from those dessicant packets that come in vitamin bottles when I store it (thanks to Carcass for that tip).
Getting it dry before it goes in is the trick! A dry day, which is odd for you, is perfect! I cooled the place down with ac and brought rh down before going in the freezer this time and that made a difference! 24 hours and I stirred a little. Pollen's all fluffy. I'm using a desiccant pack too.
I've taken it out to share some and it worked out good. This grow I have now will show us how well it held up from last fall.
We have to let temps normalize before opening jars. I take them out the night before I want to use a jar, so it comes to room temp, dip my brush, close it up, and back in the freeze.

Monday Tax Deadline update on the Candida Seed Making Project, flip day 23!

Here's what the pollen sacs look like this morning. A few have split open with nothing inside but they look kind of malformed anyway:

And the pistils:

A little brown on some of the very ends, so I'm hoping the pollen isn't too far from being ready.

Here they are in the tent:

And outside for a nice day in the sun.

I'm still okay putting the "male" outside because I think I've got at least 24 hours before anything happens with that. I didn't transplant the solo cup Candida 🎶 this weekend because of the inclement weather, but I might do it this week if the pollen sacs still don't look ready to pop.

That's it from me! I hope your weekend went well and your week looks bright. ☀️

Quote:
Getting it dry before it goes in is the trick! A dry day, which is odd for you, is perfect! I cooled the place down with ac and brought rh down before going in the freezer this time and that made a difference! 24 hours and I stirred a little. Pollen's all fluffy. I'm using a desiccant pack too.
I've taken it out to share some and it worked out good. This grow I have now will show us how well it held up from last fall.
We have to let temps normalize before opening jars. I take them out the night before I want to use a jar, so it comes to room temp, dip my brush, close it up, and back in the freeze.
Thanks Otter! It is really hard to dry stuff out here but I have had the hash in a box with the dehuey running and it's down in the 30% range when I check on it, so that's always a possibility. I'll give it a try in the freezer as well this time for an added layer of backup, and that's good idea to let the temp normalize when it comes out. I used to do that with film back in the old days. :thumb:

I wonder if anyone would want CapJunky x Candida seeds... :hmmmm:

Me too. :reading420magazine:
Looking good Shed!
Thanks Boo!
Perhaps the pollen is already ready? The way some of those pistils look is normally my first indication of pollination. Maybe I’m just a paranoid fool…
For good reason. :( I guess I'll have a better idea after seeing pistils go brown after I know they've been pollinated. :)
I think so too.
Thanks Carmen! I do think my pistils generally tend to brown on my plants earlier than most, which is why I regret not flipping the male a week early, but time will tell.
:popcorn:
For very good reason! lol!
Sad but true. 😢
This anyone thinks that sounds like a great combo!
Thanks anyone! Duly noted. :thumb:

I made a point to sit my saved desiccant packs in the oven to 'recharge' them before using them in my saved pollen that sits in the fridge.
Here's what the pollen sacs look like this morning.
They look great Shed, well done!

I made a point to sit my saved desiccant packs in the oven to 'recharge' them before using them in my saved pollen that sits in the fridge.
Oh good idea! How hot did you go and for how long? I keep mine in a ziploc bag but I don't know how dry they were when they went in. I guess I could put them in the box with the hash and the dehuey as well.
They look great Shed, well done!
Thanks Stunger. :)

Oh good idea! How hot did you go and for how long? I keep mine in a ziploc bag but I don't know how dry they were when they went in.
We're in Celsius here, I think from faded memory I did 40C or 50C for about half an hour (105F or 122F), I figured that would be plenty. I spread all my saved ones out single layer on a glass tray and then for the ones that I didn't have an immediate use for I tightly put them back in old supplement bottles.

We're in Celsius here, I think from faded memory I did 40C or 50C for about half an hour (105F or 122F), I figured that would be plenty. I spread all my saved ones out single layer on a glass tray and then for the ones that I didn't have an immediate use for I tightly put them back in old supplement bottles.
:thanks: (and I could have done the conversion myself so I appreciate you taking the extra step!).

Here they are in the tent:

And outside for a nice day in the sun.

I'm still okay putting the "male" outside because I think I've got at least 24 hours before anything happens with that. I didn't transplant the solo cup Candida 🎶 this weekend because of the inclement weather, but I might do it this week if the pollen sacs still don't look ready to pop.

That's it from me! I hope your weekend went well and your week looks bright. ☀️
Nice to see the betrothed couple, basking in the sun before their wedding day!
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

I wonder if anyone would want CapJunky x Candida seeds... :hmmmm:
My Otters dream, Stankberry pollen on Blue dream CBD, has been a winner for folks that use it for pain. The Stankberry's highish thc and cbd from Blue Dream CBD make a good weed cocktail. It's a tasty and good buzz that may be medicinal too if one needs that! I'd presume the thc level could go go anywhere on the scale. Try one for kicks. I'll grow one out if that helps. I'm thinking of a "with help from my friends grow" at some time, featuring everyone else's genetics from The Mag.

My Otters dream, Stankberry pollen on Blue dream CBD, has been a winner for folks that use it for pain. The Stankberry's highish thc and cbd from Blue Dream CBD make a good weed cocktail. It's a tasty and good buzz that may be medicinal too if one needs that! I'd presume the thc level could go go anywhere on the scale. Try one for kicks. I'll grow one out if that helps. I'm thinking of a "with help from my friends grow" at some time, featuring everyone else's genetics from The Mag.
Good to know, thanks Otter! And if I end up with Capdida Junk seeds I will hand-deliver some to you. 🫘

Back
Top Bottom