Italian Outdoor Adventures - From Pure Indicas to Pure Sativas

It's gonna happen eventually... maybe even this or next week :)
More sun by the way has appeared on the NorItal sky, and that just might give me an edge during flowering. By the way, there will be another bonsai windowsill grow as I'm preparing Super Lemon Haze and Aurora Ultra to flower very soon :yummy:

That's what I found today guys. Really makes you laugh in a good way :lot-o-toke:
This is an article called "confessions of a professional dope taster" which appeared in High Times, spring 1975.

Oaxacan- has a minty taste and is also spicy. It tingles the taste buds. The minty taste allows the throat to stay open, which means you draw more smoke into your lungs without coughing it out. Its quite airy considering its power

Culiacan- has that airiness but not the power.

Santa Marta Gold- Excellent intellectual high. Very creative. Very sophisticated high, but not particularly psychedelic like the best mexican- this grass would be good for an intellectual fuck- like amind body communion.

Lowland columbian- knocks you out but doesn't get you high. In other words the narcotizing effect overwhelms the psychoactive effect.

Jamaican-is good for fucking- its very stimulating.

Hawaiian-hypnotic intensity-an extremely dramatic pot. Few people could finish a joint-people would sit transfixed by the sheer power of the stuff- a high grass, lots of top end-mental

Wacky weed- a special kind of columbian- has produced so much resin that it has stifled itself and died- that's why its black sometimes. Wacky weed is total. It makes you laugh it makes everything absurd, it reduces you're body to jelly- not anti intellectual, but its not exactly cerebral either. Sort of reminds me of quaaludes. Wacky weed is physical stuff-i've literaly seen people go into cardiac arrest.

Thai- to give me momentum to get off the ground and climbing

Top Mexican-astral

Punta Roja- from the Cali Hills of Columbia- dark green with red streaks-little taste but 8% thc truly hallucinogenic-psychedelic rather than wirey

Santa Marta Gold 6-8% THC- stimulating, gets you wired-not psychedelic like punta roja

Lowland Columbian (columbian or panama red) red to red brown- from the llanos area and elsewhere-sleepy,narcotic

Columbian Green-from the are near the columbian panamanian border-very high rainfall. Nearly black-harsh on the throat-about like good mexican or hawaiian.

Hawaiian-generally grown from thai seeds so equal to the best Thai.

Thai- hallucinogenis at its best- definitely stronger than columbian Gold.

Nepales-harsh and not tasty, so make hash out of it

:Namaste:

hahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahah thats great! im sure the person who wrote it was on acid or something, and definatly single lol

i want some of that wacky backy, wtf it killed its self due to resin?!!!!!!!!

YES PLEASE!:goodjob::thumb::love::circle-of-love::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::bravo:

hahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahah thats great! im sure the person who wrote it was on acid or something, and definatly single lol

You laugh, but have you ever tried any of those tropical landrace weeds? You would think you had died and gone to heaven. No modern sinsemilla is as good as the Real Deal, as grown in the place it was selected and perfected over centuries.

Conradino, this outdoor grow journal is the bomb! You really know your stuff. I'm trying my first outdoor guerilla grow this summer, and your posts are a great reference. Mille grazie.

Thanks for the flashback to the 70's.

Santa Marta Gold was an awesome batch. I would have guessed 76' when we had it.

It was just a bit more then the Columbian of the time but double in quality. 550 a pound as I recall.

guys, it's always great to hear from older heads, growers etc., cause you can really find out about weed that cannot be found anywhere ATM, and it's also cool for me to figure out how these genetics still come out in modern crosses. Something really tells me I need to grow some Colombian or Mexican, cause I like sativa-dominant strains giving a lot of euphoria as my Green Crack proved to do.

thegreengrcr and the others who remember, can you tell me which was really more euphoric and long-lasting back in the days, Colombian Gold (Santa Marta Gold) or Mexican Oaxacan? Also was Acapulco Gold different from Oaxacan?

Just finishing my day with some Cotton Candy joint. There's still sativa on the top after you get buzzed up, but indica relaxation hits quite quickly afterwards. Not what I really expected it to be :ganjamon:

you know, when you're on acid :hippy:
I loved the word "astral" :hookah:

As I remember it, Columbian Gold was buzzier than Oaxacan, although it wasn't always easy to know which Mexican we were getting. Some of it was spectacular, and some was just Mexican. :cheesygrinsmiley:

But the Gold was gold and unmistakable. That was one of the strains we grew in the barn back in the day - eight 1000W MH over 80 plants, all clones from bagseed Columbian. :cheesygrinsmiley: We could never get ours to turn gold, though - musta been something in the cure/drying process they used.

The best variety of Columbian Gold was the Santa Marta strain IMHO. Very euphoric and upper high. Not much flavor but the joints dripped with resin.

As far as the Oaxacan goes it was not as strong. Definitely not of the same origin. Alost an instant headache as I recall.

Now in the early 80's a good friend of mine went to Amsterdam and brought back seeds for his Mexican growers. After that the Mexican we got was top notch. By the late 80's our Mexican was on par with the good stuff of the times. No comparison to today though.

So pure uppper, euphoric, no-celing high was that of Colombian varieties, more than Mexican? So I guess that puts my favourite sativa high on the map finally as I was always thinking how it was really caught in some Skunk #1 sativa-dominant phenos and later hybrids. I was suspecting Colombian sativas to be honest, but never had a chance to confirm it.

Thx a lot for your input, guys :high-five:

Mini-update from The Shady Spot.
I went to transplants 3 seedlings today and took some pics.

Here's Malawi Gold preparing for flowering. I hope I'll see it in the next 2 weeks.
CAM001194.jpg
CAM001203.jpg
CAM001212.jpg
CAM001223.jpg

Here's Strawberry Blue growing happily, staked and safe.
CAM001253.jpg
CAM001264.jpg
CAM001272.jpg

And here's Hawaiian Skunk Haze, beautiful sativa pheno, which suffered badly as you know, but is doing everything she can.
CAM001283.jpg
CAM001294.jpg
CAM001301.jpg

Here's Aurora Ultra after transplanting.
CAM001242.jpg

And here are two Aurora Ultra Kushes.
CAM001313.jpg
CAM001322.jpg
CAM001332.jpg

And these two are Super Lemon Haze and Aurora Ultra with OG in the background, but you cannot see it. I'm putting them into air-pots this evening.
CAM001351.jpg

Have a green day :Namaste:

Nice Photo Shoot C...

Wow, never saw anyone to grow it in the mountain, that is a really adventures. like it!!! :goodjob: :circle-of-love:

Well, it's not a real mountain. I mean I'm not that up. It's really a valley, so I grow rather on slopes or old agricultural platforms.

Ah, that's how typical Italian terrazzamento looks like :)

3803391147_115018b906_b.jpg

OH my!!!!! isn't it too beautiful. where is it? my friend. how I wish to travel there! :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Well, it's not a real mountain. I mean I'm not that up. It's really a valley, so I grow rather on slopes or old agricultural platforms.

I really cannot show all my surrounding area for obvious reasons, but it's something like that. Well, these pics are quite safe :)

sunny_spot_2.jpg
shady_spot_4.jpg
hsh_12.jpg
finestra.jpg

:lot-o-toke:

As I remember it, Columbian Gold was buzzier than Oaxacan, although it wasn't always easy to know which Mexican we were getting. Some of it was spectacular, and some was just Mexican. :cheesygrinsmiley: But the Gold was gold and unmistakable. That was one of the strains we grew in the barn back in the day - eight 1000W MH over 80 plants, all clones from bagseed Columbian. :cheesygrinsmiley: We could never get ours to turn gold, though - musta been something in the cure/drying process they used.

Acapulco Gold was one of those utterly distinctive kinds. You knew it by it's amazing smell and golden appearence. Oaxacan was some good stuff too, as were, and presumably still are, many Mexicans. Some are very good indeed, dazzlingly psychodelic, but they don't make it up here any more.

I read on another forum that the color of Gold Columbian was produced by girdling the trunks of the plants at harvest time.

That is lovely, lovely countryside, Conradino. I note that you do not have any fencing. There must not be many deer there.
:nicethread:

Thx a lot for the info, SparkNShred :thanks:
And to your other question here, there is shitloads of deer but all kept on private deer ranches around, so Italians do not have to hunt for their game :) Around in the forest I have rabbits, foxes and lizards, not a lot of danger I have to say. Insects are nasty though and they are many!!!

Back
Top Bottom