Italian Outdoor Adventures - From Pure Indicas to Pure Sativas

hahahahahahhahah are many of those terraces unoccupied conrad? that looks perfecto, as long as the water is up the top and not down the bottom :) donkey and cart land :)

lookin sooo cood C im jelous. got 70% of my plants stolen over the weekend fricken heartbreaking especially since my lowryder was 2 days from harvest... im really loving the LA what percent of sativa/indica is it? working on getting an indoor setup going and was thinking about gettin a few LAs for it? I got sum super silver haze autos on the way now and an auto ak germinating and an auto purple germinating both from spanish seeds. any tips on any of these strains would be great. happy growing!!

lookin sooo cood C im jelous. got 70% of my plants stolen over the weekend fricken heartbreaking especially since my lowryder was 2 days from harvest... im really loving the LA what percent of sativa/indica is it? working on getting an indoor setup going and was thinking about gettin a few LAs for it? I got sum super silver haze autos on the way now and an auto ak germinating and an auto purple germinating both from spanish seeds. any tips on any of these strains would be great. happy growing!!
Sorry to hear the bad news Marley. What goes around comes around, they'll get theirs...

Sorry for your loss, man.
I hope your new indoor grow will compensate for that!

And to address your question about LA, as far as I know it's a pure indica :) Remember, that how it grows in my parts, it will never grow in SoCal or indoor, cause there are some climatic conditions here that generate such a growth.

I heard that the gold color came from field drying in the hot sun. They would make a huge pile of plants then turn them as needed.

Guess I won't be supplying any gold.

As I remember it, Columbian Gold was buzzier than Oaxacan, although it wasn't always easy to know which Mexican we were getting. Some of it was spectacular, and some was just Mexican. :cheesygrinsmiley:

But the Gold was gold and unmistakable. That was one of the strains we grew in the barn back in the day - eight 1000W MH over 80 plants, all clones from bagseed Columbian. :cheesygrinsmiley: We could never get ours to turn gold, though - musta been something in the cure/drying process they used.

Found this pic in the net. It's supposedly a ready nugget of a landrace sativa from Santa Marta region, and I have to say it really looks golden :)

colombian_gold.jpg

Santa Marta was one of the best of the 70's, hands down. Stickless thai was also one to remember. Espically the plant I grew from it back in 76'. Was a full round ball and never topped. Where are these genetics now?

Tiny little leaves. Wonderful smoke. Dried her in a eucalyptus tree until the rain started. Yes, I started my career as a gorilla grower.

Heading home for the weekend. Ya, I get to do this at work. Kid has my laptop.

Made sauce and pickles last weekend. Picking the Ruderallis on Sunday. The day of rest.

Really enjoy your food that you share with us. I'm Hungry.

Enjoy.

Santa Marta was one of the best of the 70's, hands down. Stickless thai was also one to remember. Espically the plant I grew from it back in 76'. Was a full round ball and never topped. Where are these genetics now?

Cannabiogen and Ace Seeds (both Spanish companies) do great job bringing a lot of landrace sativas back to the market, and they have a long streak of excellent reviews. I'm thinking about getting into Panama, Colombian Punto Roja or Thai next year. Just few plants to see how they like my climate.

yeh man cannabiogen have great strains, they are legends, i wanted to grow nepal jam from them, and 10 regular seeds are 35 euros :)

Nepal Jam has an opinion of being devastating :)
I wanted to grow Bangi Haze first, but then went for Orient Express and Pakistan Chitral Kush + bought Malawi Gold elsewhere. Will see how these turn out!

I was just thinking guys :lot-o-toke: That when they legalize weed in two countries-producers-of-weed, they can sign a commerce treaty to allow growers from both countries to exchange and sell weed :tokin: And that's really around the corner, so you could have additional shelf in dispensaries like imported buds with more and more indoor and outdoor grown weed including all the landraces which could be inspected and run better where they're grown including learning courses for the staff how to handle it right after chopping, so all those old school buds isolated from the world on some scruffy plantations in the jungle just might just might come back for our enjoyment :cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Cannabiogen and Ace Seeds (both Spanish companies) do great job bringing a lot of landrace sativas back to the market...

Mandala Seeds is also Spanish. They have some very well-recieved landrace crosses. Great prices, too.

I heard good things about Mandala, but people complain about their plants' potecy :) Well, with this competition on the market it's really hard for breeders who want to keep middle THC levels. Zamaldelica (Zamal x Malawi Gold) by Ace Seeds has been tested at 27% THC this year, I saw a certificate.

So quick update on my windowsill plants, which I'm gonna force flower tomorrow. Super Lemon Haze is grown from a feminized seed, so that's a sure one, but Aurora Ultra is grown from a regular seed and was picked for this grow mostly due to very strong smell and nice bushiness. I just hope it's gonna be a gal, so I can try this superindica this year :)

Together
tog4.jpg

SLH
slh221.jpg
slh140.jpg

AU
aurora23.jpg
aurora6.jpg

Both plants have been planted in recycled soil mix from my previous grow that's been only lightly recharged with bloodmeal, powdered egg shells, biochar and more inoculant in powder :rollit:

This is my private hope for a war with thrips :)

Garlic is great reppellent! hey ive just had a nice update with lots of pics , come over! alarms have just started ringing (literally) oh its time for a cuppa with a joint and go tuck the beauties in the cellar :)

Seems like a good plan, man :)
I'll post pics from The Sunny Spot tomorrow by the way. I'm gonna go there to check if at least indicas have already started to flower. I just hope L.A. Confidential doesn't double in size, cause that would mean 14 feet indica by the end of September :thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom