JadeLotus First Stealth Grow!

Hey TrysHard, here are done newer pics of the babies.
Start with the dragon :)
image10680.jpg

And here is the one that I have topped a few times.
image10682.jpg

P.S. There was a lot of good discussion about air flow here and it made me think about my own first grow in progress.

I hope I can hijack the thread for a small clarification without taking away from the charm in the room.

I have a large cfm extractor fan in my 4'x8' flowering room. I use it to clear the heat from the lights which insures good airflow during "daylight" hours.
I hadn't considered nighttime respiration. I have a 16" inch fan constantly circulating air in the room, but only as much fresh air as leaks into the room during the night. Not much!

Since most plants exhale CO2 at night. Will it matter if I provide more nighttime fresh air?

Thanks for your attention,
Radogast

Hey Radogast! It's ok to jack the thread. I was having problems even at "nighttime" without the fans. The air in my box wasn't exchanged and they were droopy. I run my two fans 24/7. They are cheap 4" PC fans from RadioHack. :)

My fan is a 6 inch 440 cfm fan ducted outside through the floorboards. It makes small whoosh noise.
If I leave it running all night it might scare the mice residing in my garden shed :)

I actually don't mind it running all night but do hate to upset nature that happens in my porch at night.

My fan is a 6 inch 440 cfm fan ducted outside through the floorboards. It makes small whoosh noise.
If I leave it running all night it might scare the mice residing in my garden shed :)

I actually don't mind it running all night but do hate to upset nature that happens in my porch at night.

If you don't want to run it all night maybe set it on a timer or something to run for 5 min every hour or something. Any airflow is better than none and I can say I had to learn that the hard way.

Plants needs fresh air,they breath better.I can't breath good in car with closed window,i would not die but with more fresh air everything is better.In my previous box (D39xW39xH59) i was running 400w hps without cool tube, 150mm vent 305m³/h with coco eco carbon filter.I wish that i had stronger fan that time.I harvested plants successfully but they wasn't happy in that box.I have also put one PC fan to be my air input and it worked great.I can tell for shure that you need to change air in your box no matter is it day or night.Thats my opinion and i think i helped somehow.
P.S. There was a lot of good discussion about air flow here and it made me think about my own first grow in progress.

I hope I can hijack the thread for a small clarification without taking away from the charm in the room.

I have a large cfm extractor fan in my 4'x8' flowering room. I use it to clear the heat from the lights which insures good airflow during "daylight" hours.
I hadn't considered nighttime respiration. I have a 16" inch fan constantly circulating air in the room, but only as much fresh air as leaks into the room during the night. Not much!

Since most plants exhale CO2 at night. Will it matter if I provide more nighttime fresh air?

Thanks for your attention,
Radogast

I really think I was holding my plant back without the fans. I've seen more new pistils in the last 24 hrs than the whole 3 weeks she has been in flower.
image10683.jpg

lmao its just time. they take usually 10 days to give pistils and 14 days for flowers to hit. Yes you are correct the air moving is huge, fresh air is the number 1 they need.co2 is what they want and with no air movement they dont get it. us being humans put out co2 i mean allot so just blowing air past us and then into the room is huge. You will see a huge increase in growth with airflow. nice job.

Back
Top Bottom