Jamba Rights His Wrongs - High Brix - LED - Fluxing

Whoaaaaaaaaaa Jamba! Nice work, brother! :thumb:

Your name came up the other day and it jogged the memory banks.. and all we can say is wow. What a difference a few months makes, eh?

Amazing.

:high-five:

Just FYI to anyone interested, I'm testing out the SWICK watering method as seen in SweetSue's various threads. It is working fabulously! The soil in every pot is dry on top, but less than a centimeter down the soil is perfectly, evenly moist. I've just been giving my drenches in smaller amounts of water, and the plants are basically taking care of themselves LOL. I just barely topped of this 30x37 Botanicare tray today, after about 3 days of not watering. The res was still half full.

There are roots growing out the bottom of my pots into the perlite. I've been informed that these are merely "water roots" and are totally ok. (I was worried they would need constant trimming). Guys, if you can get a nice reservoir, this SWICK thing is really cool.

My dad had the great idea of constructing individual SWICK reservoirs out of double thick corrugated cardboard boxes, lined with plastic and filled with perlite. The boxes he found online were 24x24, which would hold up to a 30 gallon Smartpot. I only plan to run 20's or 25's though. The first plants to get the 20 gallon pots will be transplanted into those tonight or wednesday night. Honestly kind of tired after mixing up 2 more kits worth of soil.... all those 20 gallon pots are gonna require it!

Anyway check out these pictures of my SWICK system, and MAJOR thanks to SweetSue, who I believe may actually be starting a new thread entirely focused on this watering method. Sue is awesome :) I'll be posting these pictures in a few threads most likely.

20150406_210600.jpg
20150406_210555.jpg
20150402_1648001.jpg
20150406_210544.jpg

Awesome that last pic is crazy! I just saw this in 360s thread the other day and was curious. I might have to give this a try I really like the sound of nice even moisture without worrying about watering at just the right time all the time :high-five:

Just FYI to anyone interested, I'm testing out the SWICK watering method as seen in SweetSue's various threads. It is working fabulously! The soil in every pot is dry on top, but less than a centimeter down the soil is perfectly, evenly moist. I've just been giving my drenches in smaller amounts of water, and the plants are basically taking care of themselves LOL. I just barely topped of this 30x37 Botanicare tray today, after about 3 days of not watering. The res was still half full.

There are roots growing out the bottom of my pots into the perlite. I've been informed that these are merely "water roots" and are totally ok. (I was worried they would need constant trimming). Guys, if you can get a nice reservoir, this SWICK thing is really cool.

My dad had the great idea of constructing individual SWICK reservoirs out of double thick corrugated cardboard boxes, lined with plastic and filled with perlite. The boxes he found online were 24x24, which would hold up to a 30 gallon Smartpot. I only plan to run 20's or 25's though. The first plants to get the 20 gallon pots will be transplanted into those tonight or wednesday night. Honestly kind of tired after mixing up 2 more kits worth of soil.... all those 20 gallon pots are gonna require it!

Anyway check out these pictures of my SWICK system, and MAJOR thanks to SweetSue, who I believe may actually be starting a new thread entirely focused on this watering method. Sue is awesome :) I'll be posting these pictures in a few threads most likely.

20150406_210600.jpg
20150406_210555.jpg
20150402_1648001.jpg
20150406_210544.jpg

Coolest thing ever!

INstead of peppering you and Sue with questions, I'm just gonna watch and learn. Thanks Jamba!

Back
Top Bottom