LA's Shooting For The Stars Journal: My Effort To Grow Pro!

WELCOME ONE AND ALL :)

So lets talk Spain.... Im going to be cobbling together equipment for 3 properties as said before. Per house; Ill run a veg room with a seedling tent inside, then at least 4 waves at diff stages of veg. Then a flower room with another 4 waves at diff stages minimum. Probably 8 plants per wave and most likely fluxed or at least trained hard to fit the plants structure and growth characteristics.
ill be building all rooms etc from scratch and probably on bare minimum budget to start.
ill for the most part be growing from Clones. Im lucky to have the backing of a big US seed company and ill be given all their elite clones of their strains. This will be new to me as ive mostly grown from seed to be honest.
Once settled and happy with my flowers etc ill be supplying the top clubs about Barca. Also entering into all major European Cannabis Cups. This is a once in a lifetime shot so ive got to make it count.
ill get all my stuff tested before release anyway so I know Ive got results to stand behind. Then ill also release extracts as its simply a huge market nowadays!

All this with a young baby, no safety net and now 2 other families moving out with my guys who are joining team LA. Its a little bit daunting but should be damn fun! Growing for a living in the Sun. Most importantly, giving me the ability to be at home and bring my boy up!
Have a few pics to cheer this new thread up

What the hellfire is that big alien in the tent?!.
Oh i gotta sit here. Do your thing LA

lol yep my deathstar plant. ;)
That kind of brings me to my other plan once out in Spain. Ill be growing promo plants to order lol. My first was under way when i got busted a while back. But ill get it going asap once out there. Lets just say its for a very well known US rapper who is very weed oriented. His plant will be a multi strain, grafted sculpture and should get me ridiculous exposure. Then hopefully other brands etc will follow.

In the meantime Im almost ready to attempt my creating of the first ever closed looped plant!

lol yep my deathstar plant. ;)
That kind of brings me to my other plan once out in Spain. Ill be growing promo plants to order lol. My first was under way when i got busted a while back. But ill get it going asap once out there. Lets just say its for a very well known US rapper who is very weed oriented. His plant will be a multi strain, grafted sculpture and should get me ridiculous exposure. Then hopefully other brands etc will follow.

In the meantime Im almost ready to attempt my creating of the first ever closed looped plant!
Ah! So your THAT guy lol. I heard there was someone rolling round here performing some human centipede ish! :high-five:. Ima call you Dr.EviLA

sweet, go a few friends over in spain and portugal doing what you are. seems like the place to be right now. ill be here watching. wanted to ask LA, when using LEDs + CMH (i just got mine the other day - so excited) is there anything one needs to keep in mind compared to say MH + HPS? and with fluxing, what is the major drawcard? how is the yield:time ratio? been trying to read all your threads, slowly getting there, keep up the good work!

Curbcalamity

So firstly Ill be new to MH lighting myself. Yet if your on about mixing led and high pressure lighting then its simple. Not much change in enviromentals due to the mix of lighting and heat given out by the high pressure lamps. Hanging distance is important and understanding the spread of your chosen led. Canopy control is also key when under led.
As for fluxing etc. Fluxing if done correctly works great for yields. The veg time is longer but if your perpetual it doesnt really matter. Or fluxing from double headed clones speeds the process up loads.
Ill be showcasing how to use fluxing for large production in Spain. Ill be running 10 plant waves, 4 waves min for veg area and 4 in flower. The idea being multiple waves in veg lets me build big girls and aim for a harvest every week once rotations are going. My target per plant being 15 oz dry. So that done 3 times in 3 properties, should give me the ability to supply multiple top clubs and also produce all my extract products.

All that will be done in the most half cobbled non professional manner lol. (Just my budget ways will always break free)
Heck if it can be built over bought im all over it. So yep it wont be a big budget all singing afair, more me starting again without much of anything.
Although most equipment is now sourced thanks to my sponsors, so itll just be the lesser bits and bobbs ill be cobbling together.

Im more excited to get going entering the major eu canna cups... That will be both nerve racking and a huge rush me thinks but I want some pro titles under my belt asap.

Sounds really legit. Wish you all the best. Have you started some already? I just noticed some "crop and top" pictures on Instagram and wasnt sure If those were current or un related?

Those concentrate pictures you posted looked really nice. Good to see something besides bubble has across the pond.

Pretty nuts to be in a cannabis cup! That's my goal for some point. Maybe just a dream lmao.

Hope the family is doing well. Gotta enjoy as much time as you can before their favorite word becomes "NO!" Fun times...

lol. The maddabber :)

The plants you mentioned are my last wave in Blighty. Ill be running all my stuff from elite clone stock from my major US backer (large seed company) ill be the only guy in europe to have any of these genetics from source, so lots of stress of pheno finding is not there.
As for you going for it in the MJ comps etc. Just keep chipping away and im sure itll happen. Heck ive just kind of stumbled into this world myself lol. I just kept at it was all ✌

lol. The maddabber :)

The plants you mentioned are my last wave in Blighty. Ill be running all my stuff from elite clone stock from my major US backer (large seed company) ill be the only guy in europe to have any of these genetics from source, so lots of stress of pheno finding is not there.
As for you going for it in the MJ comps etc. Just keep chipping away and im sure itll happen. Heck ive just kind of stumbled into this world myself lol. I just kept at it was all ✌
You're from my little island!?. Bruva You've truly inspired me. I only started up properly recently and already I am hooked... thats it... this is me for LIFE!. You are doing what I can only dream of.
One day I will be where u are... I promise

Hi LA good luck with your new venture hope you succeed. I'm new to the site but not a newb grower .
I've got a friend growing out in barca he's flying I might be there myself within the next 12 month's with a bit of luck .
I've got my 1st diary on this site going an loving the forum it's got some great friendly like minded growers all willing to chime in when needed .
Anyway I'll hang around for a while for the show if that's OK should be fun and good luck with this not that you'll need it :thumb:
Oh and if you fancy running your eye over my grow for some constructive criticism good or bad that'll be much appreciated

Kind regards bb78

You're from my little island!?. Bruva You've truly inspired me. I only started up properly recently and already I am hooked... thats it... this is me for LIFE!. You are doing what I can only dream of.
One day I will be where u are... I promise

Honestly it just takes perseverance. It all started for me here on 420. All i did was journal and win a few titles. Yet heres the rub, 420 titles and content do carry some weight in the industry. These gain you sponsors that aids building of all this. Then get yourself to the canna expos and cups. Become a regular face at events.
The industry is quite small still really with the same faces at each event. This shows commitment, then as long as folks see a passion for the plant and not just cash, you stand out and then label's knock at your door, simple really, but now after 6-8 yrs of growing ill be able to give the big dream my best shot....

Honestly it just takes perseverance. It all started for me here on 420. All i did was journal and win a few titles. Yet heres the rub, 420 titles and content do carry some weight in the industry. These gain you sponsors that aids building of all this. Then get yourself to the canna expos and cups. Become a regular face at events.
The industry is quite small still really with the same faces at each event. This shows commitment, then as long as folks see a passion for the plant and not just cash, you stand out and then label's knock at your door, simple really, but now after 6-8 yrs of growing ill be able to give the big dream my best shot....
I wanna grow for my medicine. But. I made a lot of bad decisions. Squandered the gifts I had in school. Started using my brain for exactly what you just said, to make money. All went bad obviously. But I sorted myself out, I have a family, been in steady employment for years now rather than out here running about like a hooligan. But as I said I squandered my gifts, every job Ive done genuinely makes me want to dive head first into a wood-chipper lol. My brain is not built to be in a factory, on the end of a line doing the same stuff all day every day (although I do enjoy building work cos you're creating something)
I've found my outlet I've found something I can pour my heart and soul into.

cheers LA,
yeah running a perpetual set up is much more harshly punishable here, as much as I'd love to have each one be a different strain. how long a veg time are you expecting to achieve your desired yield?
yeah im pretty pumped to start playing with new lights i thought the combo (CMH + LED) would be a good one ages ago but never had the chance to test it myself, but I'm also the kind of person who enjoys the making it myself as much as i like the money saved. also find I learn more about what I'm doing that way. I better come to barca when I get back to Europe. :D

Back
Top Bottom