LKABudMan Grows A Fruit Punch Auto With The Vivosun Smart Grow System! - Featuring Herbies Seeds, GeoFlora & Dynomyco

Thanks Shed

i was using a laptop from my old job. They gave it to me at the end of the job, and the business has since gone under. I've been using it for almost a year, and yesterday Bit Locker decided it needed a password. I have no idea what the password is, and have no way to find out. So, I now have a nice $1k laptop that is useless and I'm working on the Chromebook :(

Thanks RD. I'm OK with the res this time, mostly because I just have to add water. I can imagine mixing nutes several times a day would be a bit much. I'm already thinking bout a tote for next time, though.
Can’t you bring it to some computer wiz and have them find a back door or crack the password? CL🍀

You don't even need to change the hard drive. There is an option to re-install windows and erase all data. I'm still contacting some people trying to get the key. Meanwhile, I have a new laptop I'm using. I've been meaning to get a backup anyways. I guess I need to get used to working for myself, no IT dept to help with tech problems ;)
I do some IT stuff at my job and I had run into this so instead of fighting trying to find the key to reset the pc I just slapped a new ssd drive in it and called it a day.

unfortunately the horrible career I chose in life was to be a computer engineer. it sounds like that computer still has the companies security on it and the only way to get the bit locker key would be to know the admin of the system. Like Daniel said a hard drive swap is probably the only solution without being the admin. I wonder if your old company had a tech support company they worked with, its worth a shot to find out since they would be able to provide the key but its a long shot and the hdd swap is probably the best option

unfortunately the horrible career I chose in life was to be a computer engineer. it sounds like that computer still has the companies security on it and the only way to get the bit locker key would be to know the admin of the system. Like Daniel said a hard drive swap is probably the only solution without being the admin. I wonder if your old company had a tech support company they worked with, its worth a shot to find out since they would be able to provide the key but its a long shot and the hdd swap is probably the best option
he could download Ubuntu couldn't he? and then make copies of cmd promt and the sticky key ( sethc ) in system 32 files then when you reboot you can press shift 5 times and itll pull up cmd prompt with admin privileges and he could change his access level that way. Ive done this before as well. had to get rid of a bunch of stupid group policies our IT guy had put on all the pc's at work lol

he could download Ubuntu couldn't he? and then make copies of cmd promt and the sticky key ( sethc ) in system 32 files then when you reboot you can press shift 5 times and itll pull up cmd prompt with admin privileges and he could change his access level that way. Ive done this before as well. had to get rid of a bunch of stupid group policies our IT guy had put on all the pc's at work lol
Yeah that's another way but I didn't suggest it since it might be challenging if their tech experience is a bit lacking. Good old linux never fails

Thanks Shed. I'm also somewhat guided by the @GeoFlora Nutrients Advanced feeding chart, which calls for additions of Terpinator and Massive (1-2-3) in bloom. I figured the Bid Bud+Bud Candy is a good replacement for the Massive.
I tried doing 2 plants with straight GF and 2 following advanced feed chart. The 2 on straight GF started to get light leaves so I added the mass and terp to those as well.....seemed to fix the issue. It was about the same stage you're in now. Keep in mind, the amounts of terp/mass on the advanced feed chart is per week, not per feeding.

My unscientific result will have me follow the advanced feed chart next time for all, start to finish. I think it helped.

Can’t you bring it to some computer wiz and have them find a back door or crack the password? CL🍀
Unfortunately, Bitlocker was made not to be cracked. You really need the password to get your data.
I was in VP of IT at my old job. The bitlocker passwords were stored in sharepoint. There MAY be one person with access to that data if it still exists, and I'm trying to get in touch with her before I erase everything.
I do some IT stuff at my job and I had run into this so instead of fighting trying to find the key to reset the pc I just slapped a new ssd drive in it and called it a day.
Yeah that's another way but I didn't suggest it since it might be challenging if their tech experience is a bit lacking. Good old linux never fails
When you get locked out by bitlocker, there is an option to erase everything and re-load windows. Not sure if I'll need the MS key for that as well (same place as the bitlocker key). If that doesn't work I may load linux. Thanks a lot guys for the options.

Unfortunately, Bitlocker was made not to be cracked. You really need the password to get your data.

I was in VP of IT at my old job. The bitlocker passwords were stored in sharepoint. There MAY be one person with access to that data if it still exists, and I'm trying to get in touch with her before I erase everything.

When you get locked out by bitlocker, there is an option to erase everything and re-load windows. Not sure if I'll need the MS key for that as well (same place as the bitlocker key). If that doesn't work I may load linux. Thanks a lot guys for the options.
I think it’ll start erasing but won’t complete. I know the struggle 😂 this takes some time. Hope you get it fixed man.

Date - 11/7/22 - Day# 61 (W9D5)
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away, 450-500PPFD, 35-40DLI
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 Natural wind
- Exhaust Fan: Waiting for new exhaust fan, exhaust on MED
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco Veg and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm) pHed to 6.5

Pebbles is doing good but not great. She's drinking a bit less lately. I got ny Sweet Candy this weekend and gave her a done of that top-watered in.

The issues on her leaves continue and now she has some spotting on a few of the top leaves. It's still mostly on the newer leaves, mostly in the middle. I've looked at the deficiency charts, and I'm really not sure what I'm seeing. @Emilya Green I know you run the same nutes, what would you do? Anyone else that wants to help out I appreciate it. What am I seeing here?

All that said, her buds are still growing well. She has finally stopped stretching, and her buds are starting to put on some weight.

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

looks like calcium to me... I would pull out the calmag.
I agree the spots definitely look like a calcium deficiency to me too. I've never needed calmag before because my well water has 15ppm calcium in it. Then again, I've been treating the water with pH down (Phosphoric acid) to get it down to 6.5 pH. I wonder if the phosphoric acid is precipitating my calcium?

Just wondering what you think about the light leaves in the top middle? Do you think the yellowing of the new leaves is calcium as well? And finally, do you use calmag with your grows and what kind?

Thanks for all your help.

Are you using Terpinator? We know that geoFlora runs a little light on potassium in growing our weed, so that's what I think the light yellowing leaves are in the middle. I've never needed to use Cal mag but I have high calcium tap water that I don't adjust in any way. Why are you pH adjusting when the microbes don't care and the raw nutrients don't care? I can't see it being the problem, just unnecessary.

Are you using Terpinator? We know that geoFlora runs a little light on potassium in growing our weed, so that's what I think the light yellowing leaves are in the middle.
Thanks Emilya. I've been using Purpinator but not consistently. I'll start using it with every watering for a while. She just had her first dose of sweet candy yesterday and I'll doing that weekly. Hopefully that will turn her around quickly.
I've never needed to use Cal mag but I have high calcium tap water that I don't adjust in any way. Why are you pH adjusting when the microbes don't care and the raw nutrients don't care? I can't see it being the problem, just unnecessary.
My tap water is 8.1pH with no adjustment. It is fairly soft at around 100ppm, 80 of carbonate. Geoflora recommends pH between 5 & 7, so I've been adding pH down to get it to 6.5. I keep 20 gallons of water bubbling to use for watering. This also helps get the water temperature up to 65-70f since my well water is 55f all year around, += 2f. It sounds like I don't need to pH adjust the water and may just skip that in the future.

What's the bubbling for? I assume it's to get rid of chlorine. According to GeoFlora you can skip that step too because the massive amount of new microbes that come in every time you water vastly out numbers the amount that the chlorine in our water would kill. 8.1 is a little bit high for the pH so I don't think there's any harm in adjusting it down just a little bit. I would think that perpenator and sweet candy every time you water would get rid of that yellowing.

What's the bubbling for? I assume it's to get rid of chlorine. According to GeoFlora you can skip that step too because the massive amount of new microbes that come in every time you water vastly out numbers the amount that the chlorine in our water would kill.
I'm on a well so no chlorine. I mainly let the water sit to get it up to temp. I keep an airstone in it because it keeps the water moving and from getting stale.
Also, my well is about 700ft deep and is pulling from an underground aquafier, meaning higher CO2 and very little dissolved oxygen (DO). Bubbling it adds O2 and also removes excess CO2. This changes the pH slightly, too, and makes it more stable when using in hydro. Of course it probably doesn't matter when I'm adding the water to a SIP res, but it can't hurt either.
8.1 is a little bit high for the pH so I don't think there's any harm in adjusting it down just a little bit. I would think that perpenator and sweet candy every time you water would get rid of that yellowing.
I'll definitely be increasing the use of both for the next few weeks. Thanks again for all of your help.

It raises it, and if the 8.1 pH is after aeration it might be a reason to skip that part.
My pH always rises after aerating. I usually fill the tank and add some pH down the first day and let it aerate for 24-48 hours. Then I'll pH again and add a bit more pH down. I've had to do this since I started hydro, and after the initial 24-48 hour adjustment it's pretty stable. I figure the pH is going to raise one way or another, it may as well be while I can control it instead of after I use it to water the plant.

Date - 11/9/22 - Day# 63 (W9D7)
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away, 450-500PPFD, 35-40DLI
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 Natural wind
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 74f Humidity 55% Speed 1 Default:OFF
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 80F Humidity 60% Speed 1 Default:OFF
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco Veg and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm) pHed to 6.5

Well, it took a while and a few bad shipping addresses, but I finally got my new AeroZesh. Thank you @VIVOSUN for all of your help. Last night I plugged the new AeroZesh into the GrowHub and the Smart Grow System is back on!

Which is good, because I've been having a hard time with the environment in this tent. I've had a variable speed exhaust fan going in the tent, on low. By fiddling with the controls, I was able to get VPD fairly stable at 1.3. However, the high temperatures in the tent have been in the low 70's, with leaf surface temperatures around 69f. With the integrated fan, the AeroLight doesn't put off much heat anyways. With the exhaust always being on (even on low), there is no way to keep any heat in the tent. So, it's been in the low 70s with 50% humidity for the last couple of weeks.

With the Smart Grow System, I can set a max temperature and humidity. The exhaust fan only comes on when the humidity gets above 60%, then cuts off when it gets below 60%. Right now, it is kicking on every 3-4 minutes for about 10-20 seconds. It's just enough to vent the moisture and pull in fresh air, but not so much that all of the heat leaves the tent. I gained about 5f in the tent just switching over to the AeroZesh. My VPD is still at 1.3, but now the plants are in the upper 70's with 60% humidity. Between the increased feedings (Sweet Candy & Purpinator) and the higher temperatures, I'm hoping it will kick this lady into high gear.

Not that Pebbles has been slacking off. She's loving the increased feedings of Purpinator and Sweet Candy and her buds are building nicely. On day# 63 from sprout and Day# 32 of flower, I'm still seeing all white pistils. I love all the frost on those buds, and the smell is building as well. She's working on filling in all her buds, and she's doing a fantastic job!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

She's packing it on BudMan! :thumb:

I've already taken my FPa down. Please don't forget our deal. :laughtwo:
FPa 11-8-22 H1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom