Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Yeah I would have loved to see you grow one out as well.....wish it would have happened but ya gotta dance with the girl that you brought and apparently she didn't have that same plan.

Those autos are really growing fast.....so much faster than my JHA. Hoping that they will explode with growth soon!

How long do you generally find it takes your autos to start throwing pistils?

How long do you generally find it takes your autos to start throwing pistils?

It depends on the light schedule, but in my last 20/4 regime I saw pistils in 4 weeks. It can be a little freakish...

So, it is not unlikely that the Diesel shows pistils a week from today...which is why the crazy growth now is so fundamental.

We'll see...

Jesus....I am coming up on my JHA being 2 weeks old and the damn thing is just now starting to finally grow. Hopefully she will explode immediately if not sooner LOL!

Jesus....I am coming up on my JHA being 2 weeks old and the damn thing is just now starting to finally grow. Hopefully she will explode immediately if not sooner LOL!

Seems like an issue with everybody else as well.

For those reading this and wondering what Stank and I are referring to it's the Jack Herer Auto Tribute Group Grow. Two teams from USA and Canada are growing similar genetics on the same timeline and comparing results. I am surprised there are not more of these happening on 420 as it is a valuable learning experience. Hopefully we see more in the future!)

Wow that greenhouse is really neat looking! cant wait till you can get to start growing in it. My wife and i have wanted to move to maine but the cold and distance have deterred me from making a game plan.. never seems like a bad option though when you can grow legally!

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Cold you bet. Not to mention the meanest, hungriest, biting flies from about Mother's day through about Father's Day. THEY ARE HORRIBLE. And like Alaska I believe residents in Maine may call the mosquito the state bird no?

46F here today and looking for the foreseeable future to be above freezing...so I took the opportunity to "open" the GH for spring/summer mode. Front and side panels hinged open full time to prevent the GH from getting to 115F like it did on Monday! The Box is insulated and handles cold better than heat. Even with the GH open to freezing night temps I still cut another 4" hole into the roof and other side (so now total cross ventilation) to keep the Box temps around 75-80F. There were a few days this winter where GH temps were 15F and Box temps were 65F...so just learning the curve now that (knock on wood) winter is "over" (at least here on the coast in Maine!)

Additional vents for Box

I've just got a crude simple 2x3 wood structure with poly... that probably the best way to describe it.... 8x8 the first year, added on another 8 feet last year, I may expand again this year. Also been looking around for a used hoop GH

I've just got a crude simple 2x3 wood structure with poly... that probably the best way to describe it.... 8x8 the first year, added on another 8 feet last year, I may expand again this year. Also been looking around for a used hoop GH

Big enough for some happy plants sheltered from the wind and rain. If you go with a hoop make sure the ribs/supports are uv resistant. I've seen people try to use pic and it gets eaten by the sun.

Currently have five (5) autos running: 1x Auto Diesel @ 4 weeks, 1x Northern Light Auto & 1x Mephisto Alien Auto both @ 3 weeks, and 2x Northern Light x Big Bud auto both at 2 days! I ran 2x NLxBB (Seedsman.com) prior to this run and was super impressed with the plant health during the grow and the finished buds. Plan on running these autos for another 3-4 weeks and then making room for summer photo crop starters. Have several different strains planned and possibly some ATF/Stankberry if Van Stank is still offering!

Weather is in transition with 32F at night (average) and days running 40F (average). GH is fully vented.

Diesel just showed pistils. I trimmed the living shit (almost) out of the her because I thought she would totally outgrow the others too soon, so she shocked slightly but is still clicking along:

Northern and Alien:

2x NLx BB (100% germ rate for 4 seeds:slide:)

16" of fresh snow after a week of spring like weather. Temps are not that much different, and at least it is pretty! Even though I vented the GH last week I left it open for the snowstorm. insulated Box is better suited to cold temps than hot, and interior GH temps never dropped below 30F. Love the rippling snow as it creeps down the poly!

Plants are clicking along and the approximate plan is to run all the autos @ 20/4 for another 2-3 weeks and then get photos started early in the same box with an eventual move into natural sunlight late April.

NL auto:

Mephisto Auto :

Diesel Auto:

NL x BB (x2)

Another beautiful day in Maine....

16 inches huh.....we got about 10.....but it was heavy as all hell

16" and heavy as well...I was out blowing it midday, snow dumping, because I could tell it was starting to go to sleet. I have a 26hp tractor with a blower and it was almost bogging out. Did not lose power which is generally our only concern.

Girls are looking great brother....those autos are really moving along fast

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom