Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Res Top up​

The PPM dropped again down to 370 which is exciting. I topped up the system with 20L of:

Starting Water : Rain water 0ec
Cal Mag -> 0.2ec
Mag Sul -> 0.3ec
Base -> 1.0ec
Diluted down to 0.9ec
PH Adjusted to 5.8
Hydroguard

After letting it circulate the system reads:

PPM : 420
PH : 5.9

It's a tad higher than it was, but it's not a major increase so I'm not expecting to do the "PH Down Dance" today.

I've also dimmed the lights to ~70% in an attempt to slow the yellowing. I'll keep an eye and see how they respond to this feed. If necessary I may have to do a light foliar feed because she is yellowing way too early.

Audrey 2 Update​

Audrey 2 is coming along nicely. I'm really loving these Eazy Blocks. So much so i'm debating naming my first born Bill :laugh:

I'm going to let the roots air prune a little before transplanting them. I want the roots to form a nice dense mass inside the block.

She is still in the propagator with the other clones. They've all rooted so the vents are open and are all being exposed to direct light. I'll give it a few days before I take them out completely. Even then, I'll still be using a heat matt to keep the roots nice and warm. As soon as clones root I feed them:

Starting water : Rain water 0ec
CalMag -> 0.2ec
Base -> 0.8ec
Lots of bennies
Some carbs

I'm expecting Audrey 2 to start re-vegging in the next few days. That's going to be pretty exciting. I've never seen it happen before.

Audrey 2 Update​

Audrey 2 is coming along nicely. I'm really loving these Eazy Blocks. So much so i'm debating naming my first born Bill :laugh:

I'm going to let the roots air prune a little before transplanting them. I want the roots to form a nice dense mass inside the block.

She is still in the propagator with the other clones. They've all rooted so the vents are open and are all being exposed to direct light. I'll give it a few days before I take them out completely. Even then, I'll still be using a heat matt to keep the roots nice and warm. As soon as clones root I feed them:

Starting water : Rain water 0ec
CalMag -> 0.2ec
Base -> 0.8ec
Lots of bennies
Some carbs

I'm expecting Audrey 2 to start re-vegging in the next few days. That's going to be pretty exciting. I've never seen it happen before.
Thats awesome GG. I found that they start growing right away in those cubes they hold the perfect amount of air and moisture. They are such a benefit to growth. :cheer:

Thats awesome GG. I found that they start growing right away in those cubes they hold the perfect amount of air and moisture. They are such a benefit to growth. :cheer:
They’re so good. I want to do a run in DWC using these with hydroton, instead of all Coco. I think this could be an excellent balance for me. I love coco, enough to use it in DWC :laugh: but it does have its downsides. I see a potential win-win with these blocks.

:love:

Expect some weird leaves to grow my first grow my timer screwed up and all my plants reverted back to veg,
Thanks @Rollincoal. That sounds great, the weirder the better :cheer:

Sorry to hear about your reveg experience - I bet that was an eye opener

Day 23 Flower continued...​

The readings at lights out:

PPM : 410
PH : 5.8

The PH dropped to 5.8 half way through the day and has stayed there since. And the PPM has dropped a little too. Happy with that :ganjamon:

Let's see what tomorrow brings :peace:

Thanks @Rollincoal. That sounds great, the weirder the better :cheer:

Sorry to hear about your reveg experience - I bet that was an eye opener
Oh ya specially was only about two weeks to the end lol

Oh man!! That's devastating! What happened with the buds, did they just die off when they re-vegged?
I harvested early, but ya it completely stopped and the lower buds started to die off. gonna do a reveg this go with my cross breed to see it through and try a monster crop.

80CA6A4F-3B3C-41E9-9E85-CF3713BD582E.jpeg.jpg
this was from my first grow. She revegged and got seeded at the same time. Was quite the learning curve and a conundrum lol
20210131_120126.jpg
this is one of her seeds that I got from her. Is the blueberry cbd crossed greencrack.

20210131_120126.jpg
this is one of her seeds that I got from her. Is the blueberry cbd crossed greencrack.
I’m glad you managed to still harvest mate :thumb: and the seed turned into a beauty too!!

Day 24 Flower​

Good morning lovely people!

The readings this morning:

These have not budged since last night. Can't complain.

And here they are:

I'll be honest, this isn't the best screen I've ever filled. I think I went a bit extreme in my quest to avoid a painful defoliation. In hindsight I should have let them veg a little longer, and as @Tokin Roll said earlier, I should have given it a week before putting the screen on. That being said, they're healthy and flowering nicely, so I can't complain too much. But lessons learned none the less.

And of course, Audrey :love:

I should have let them veg a little longer, and as @Tokin Roll said earlier, I should have given it a week before putting the screen on.

Vegging is a funny stage, in that the ladies are growing at full speed and filling out fast. If you can reframe from flipping the switch at this point make a big different in the canopy. The grow I am currently working on is a slow grow in that I need too prepare for larger plants.

Your ladies are looking great, keep up the good work.

If you have the room; drop another seed and we can do a grow together.
Mine are in the water and should sprout today or tomorrow.

Tok..

If you have the room; drop another seed and we can do a grow together.
I'm very tempted to take you up on this. I'm tight on space at the moment, but i might be able to make it work. I currently have a few newly rooted clones and a Wedding Cake seedling, but she is already ~3 weeks from seed.

I'm just going through it in my head now. I'm debating the option of erecting another flowering area, but my partner will not be happy. I could just pull a @VetSmoke85 and put it up without telling her, and claim I don't know where it's come from :ganjamon:

Let me think it over and see what I need to do/which clones i need to kill. I'd love to do a grow together.

Day 24 Flowering continued...​

The readings have not moved all day:

Solid as a rock, and the water level is dropping.

I just went through the canopy and cleaned up old leaves under the canopy, a few yellowing leaves with signs of other deficiencies where they have been cannibalised. It does look like the plants are asking for more though. So i might bump it up tomorrow now that we're stable again and see how they handle it. I usually like to leave them alone when they are this stable PH/EC wise, but i think the canopy is telling me to bump it up. So i might creep it up to 450ppm of the same solution as last time.

I bumped the lights back up to 100% as well. I checked over certain spots in the canopy inline with the buds with my Lux meter.

- Where the lights overlap it's ~70k lux
- On the fringes we're between 40-50k lux
- But for the most part they're sitting between 60-65k lux

The lights are ~60cm / 24inches from most of the colas. So a nice distance away. These lights are powerful! Thank you @Mars Hydro :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom