Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Finally caught up. Amazing how much you can miss in a couple of days. Lol. Plants are looking awesome mate. Sucks about your sense of smell not returning yet but I'm glad it wasn't worse for you. At least now you know how the rest of us feel being able to look at your great plants and not smell them :laugh:

Finally caught up. Amazing how much you can miss in a couple of days. Lol. Plants are looking awesome mate.
Thanks mate :high-five:
Sucks about your sense of smell not returning yet but I'm glad it wasn't worse for you. At least now you know how the rest of us feel being able to look at your great plants and not smell them :laugh:
Haha that's one way of looking at it :laugh: I'm sure it will come back in time. I'm thankful that's all that's left of it

Wow they changing color's fast, lookin good G.G. :thumb:
This strain does @Bill284. I noticed it in my other run, the Blue Kush had started with the darker pistils much earlier than the Deep Cheese did. Same thing is happening with these ladies.

This is the BlueKush in the other area at Day 54 (End of Week 8). Not a light pistil in sight.

This strain does @Bill284. I noticed it in my other run, the Blue Kush had started with the darker pistils much earlier than the Deep Cheese did. Same thing is happening with these ladies.

This is the BlueKush in the other area at Day 54 (End of Week 8). Not a light pistil in sight.

You have to love a strain that hustles for you. Beautiful looking bud my friend. :cheer:

Taking a look back at the canopy :green_heart:

Hey guys, I thought I would show some comparisons at different stages of growth.

We can see here that the growth and stretch in the first 10 days was nothing short of explosive. It kept going and by 20 the stretch had subsided somewhat. I did very little defoliation of these ladies, the removal of the occasional Fan leaf, the clean up of old dead leaves and of course, the monster cropping of Audrey 2, but that's about it.
Day before flip
Day 10 Flower
Day 20 Flower
Day 30 Flower
:peace:

Taking a look back at Audrey :love:

Flowering started pretty quickly, showing pistils at only Day 3 of flower. And the pistils turn quite early, as is confirmed in my other run of this strain.
Day 10
Day 20
Day 30

Reminder: These ladies are actually getting 13.5 hours of day light, and 10.5 hours of uninterrupted darkness (more info here), so this might have something to do with the relatively quick flowering time of this strain. I expect to take my other Blue Kush down this weekend, she will be at Day 63, also on the same light cycle, so i imagine these ladies will follow suit, being that they are clones of her.

A lot of learnings so far

Day 31 Flower continued...​

Today the ladies have been really steady. And i found that the EC had dropped by 20ppm half way through the day and stayed there. I didn't expect that. I decided to try and top up with a slightly stronger feed, to see how they handled it (with an increase in Mg as I spotted some early Mg deficiency in the canopy). I'll be changing the res in another couple of days anyway.

After topping up, the system read:

PPM : 550
EC : 5.8

Before lights out it read:

EC : 6.1

Pretty happy with that, and they seem to be too. I knocked the PH down to 5.8.

Best case, the PPM will drop/stay the same, and the PH will rise overnight.
Worst case, the PPM rises and the PH hits the floor.

....we'll find out :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 32 Flower​

Well, I was pleasantly surprised to find the readings this morning were:

PPM : 540
PH : 6.2

Before lights out it read (after PH adjustment):
PH : 5.8
Best case, the PPM will drop/stay the same, and the PH will rise overnight.

The best case scenario :yahoo: The PPM dropped and the PH rose. I’m going to be aiming for 1.1ec/550ppm for the next couple of weeks before it starts to come down again (unless the ladies instruct me otherwise). Tomorrow I’ll be draining, rinsing and refreshing the res with fresh nutrient solution.

Apologies if the canopy is looking the same every day, I figure it would be a cool journal to look back. I might make a flick book gif of the canopy and Audrey at the end.

Here they are:

Audrey :love: really bulking up now

This is Audrey's neighbour, Gabrielle - they're competing for who can be the fattest - i encourage healthy competition in my flower rooms. Go on girls!!!!

:tommy:

Audrey 2 Update​

So i had a little accident with Audrey 2. Due to the lack of weird she was producing, i thought i'd try and force it with some training. However when bending her over I decapitated her - clean break. However by some miracle I managed to remedy the situation with some duct tape, 3 days since the break, she's done well.

I gave her a trim and super cropped her tonight too

Defoliation, Super cropping and Transplant​

I thought I would share some photos of my Blue Kush Mother. I won't be taking any more clones from her and will probably flower her on her own.

Tonight I gave her a trim, super cropped her (10 bends) and transplanted her to a bigger, deeper pot. I added 3 inches of coco and every inch i sprinkled Great White - mycorrhizae club sandwich.

I was pretty brutal with the defoliation. When i stress a plant, i prefer to do the majority in one go, then just leave her alone to recover for a week or two before i touching her again. With the exception of:
- stripping a mother for clones
- the first week of flower (In the first few days of flower i might remove some lower growth that sprouts up in the first 7 days, to save the plant wasting energy on it)

Before
After

I usually try to super crop each branch at the same height, to keep the canopy as even as possible, however you'll notice some of them are slightly higher (on the left), this is because had i super cropped any lower on the branch, more than half the branch would have been over the bend, which might have been a tad heavy.

I gave her a dose of microbe rich nutrient solution + hesi superthrive. I gave her a dose of this a few days ago too in preparation for the stress. She's a little sad right now, but she'll be loving life come the morning. :love:

Man you document exactly to my liking, just perfect!
Such lovely ladies, I can't wait to see them ripen:bravo:

Taking a look back at the canopy :green_heart:

Hey guys, I thought I would show some comparisons at different stages of growth.

We can see here that the growth and stretch in the first 10 days was nothing short of explosive. It kept going and by 20 the stretch had subsided somewhat. I did very little defoliation of these ladies, the removal of the occasional Fan leaf, the clean up of old dead leaves and of course, the monster cropping of Audrey 2, but that's about it.
Day before flip
Day 10 Flower
Day 20 Flower
Day 30 Flower
Now that is an impressive time lapse. You don't appreciate the progress if it is documented over a week. But this post puts it all into perspective.
I'm Pinching your concept, sorry. All my post from now on will be like this one . Thanks :thumb:

Man you document exactly to my liking, just perfect!
Thanks man :high-five: I appreciate you saying that a lot, and i'm grateful that you're enjoying my journal and the format of it :Namaste:
I can't wait to see them ripen:bravo:
Me either my friend, me either :passitleft:
Now that is an impressive time lapse. You don't appreciate the progress if it is documented over a week. But this post puts it all into perspective.
Thanks Squigs :high-five:
I'm Pinching your concept, sorry. All my post from now on will be like this one . Thanks :thumb:
Haha, by all means mate, you're welcome to it :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom