Method 420 - Rescue And Grow A Cup Winner - Gorrilla Glue #4

Never even thought about solar before but what a great idea.....:circle-of-love:
yeah I just saw one but it has a solar collector that heats the refrigerant and not a PV panel that runs the whole thing. I have seen a few panels running a swamp cooler in a greenhouse and when the sun gets behind a cloud it slows down or shuts off and when the sun is blazing again it runs at full strength. I wish I could run a 100 PV panels and sell the power back to the grid and have it pay my 700 a month.
Good to see ya Ronnie and craw
$700 a month utility bill..:confused:... My total monthly bills aren't $700 a month.... I would freak..:thedoubletake:.. My last utility bill for the month of July which July and Aug are always the highest was $98.... You need to move to a cheaper place. I would have to burn candles and build fires to cook on.. Ohhhh....:circle-of-love:
Hey my friend :) it does indeed look like thrip damage! get a good drench and spray or something as a barrier. :) :)
I'm sure you can find a less expensive fix but I think you should have it (didn't you win a contest :confused:) and the SNS products work amazingly well. I have had every issue you can have I think on my outside flux girl and that stuff is amazing.......:circle-of-love:
I got some really cool vials of azamax (discontinued I guess) that you pour in one and fill the sprayer. I have used it twice now and see no difference, patience is said to be a virtue so we'll see. Glad to hear someone else agrees. I have also used the azamax in the res at their rec dosage. One thing I don't see much of anymore is the damn gnats. That could be due to the capn's rec of microbe lift.
To be honest I know these problems could vary from things to things but taking cuts from others is like having unprotected sex with a stranger, that's all I got to say about that
Can't say it's one of my better virtues either but the SNS stuff works real fast and very well......:circle-of-love:
Sorry about the bugs, I have no experience with fighting Thripes, just the Spider mites, wish I could help but I cant.

Different subject, what are you thought on your Cotton Candy you got going? I am loving my one free bean plant, it just got too tall for my space, but buds are filling out nicely and smell is GREAT!
DSCN24024.JPG

Cant wait to grow a clone I got off it and train it properly.
Please....Send me an invite for that one Craw......:circle-of-love:

I dont like the idea of spraying the plants so I use prozap insect guards one strip treats up to 1200 cu. feet for four months. been using them for two years now and the only bugs i've ever seen in my grow room since is dead ones and not that often, it acts as a repellent also.
the stubborn ones end up dead quickly.

DSCF11356.JPG
Thanks for this post. I think I will give them a try in my closet.....:circle-of-love:
I had a fairly generic spray that included thrips and sprayed my plant but also got some paper towel and created a couple of sheet thick barrier with it at soil level, then sprayed soaking with the insect spray. When wet the towels can be fitted snugly, creating a nice barrier that you just keep spraying every now and then. :)
As always Genius.... Simply genius.....:circle-of-love:

"BATTLE OF THE GREEN TITANS 2"

Subscribed!!!!!!! Oh wait it hasn't started yet. My bad.

Let me go on record that I am the first subscriber.

Hey s1ingblade please move this post over to your guys new journal, thank you. That is if I'm invited!!!!

I had a fairly generic spray that included thrips and sprayed my plant but also got some paper towel and created a couple of sheet thick barrier with it at soil level, then sprayed soaking with the insect spray. When wet the towels can be fitted snugly, creating a nice barrier that you just keep spraying every now and then. :)

Love the idea LA...

+1 on the ProZaps :thumb:

Just checking in to see how things are down south.

I didn't see anything in that pic that immediately made me think pest. Are you seeing lots of leaves like that, or was that the only one?
If it's only one, I wouldn't worry, but maybe I'm more tolerant of slight imperfections. We know Sl1ng likes his garden perfect. :yummy:
Thrips have a larvae stage that lives in the roots, right? Do you have mosquito dunks in your reservoir? Then your drip feed would be applying a pesticide automatically :)

I hate thrips I thought I got rid of them but theyre back for me too but I see them on the leaves so
I just kill em lol most on the top some underside im gonna try and spray some of the smaller plants tomorrow if I see any on them and keep at it till the start to flower and see if it helps
gotta find something that works tho
keep up the good fight sling im battling those too :high-five:

Those slimy bastards are tough to eradicate, I have been using a microbe-lift to fight the fungas gnats and was hoping it would wipe out the thrips in the larvae stage. I think they are to a degree but I want em all gone. I hope your able to get yours to move out too cronic

+1 on the ProZaps :thumb:

Just checking in to see how things are down south.

I didn't see anything in that pic that immediately made me think pest. Are you seeing lots of leaves like that, or was that the only one?
If it's only one, I wouldn't worry, but maybe I'm more tolerant of slight imperfections. We know Sl1ng likes his garden perfect. :yummy:
Thrips have a larvae stage that lives in the roots, right? Do you have mosquito dunks in your reservoir? Then your drip feed would be applying a pesticide automatically :)

Man things have been going ok, was and still am super shocked our big buddy passed away and that set me back a bit. I finally realized after much prodding from members here (spiffy too!) that he wouldn't want me mopping around and or giving up so Im back at it but its hard, everytime I see TJ (hot tuna) or hear some Fast metal I think of BID and it stalls me out a bit.
I think hes going to get an awesome MOTM this month and it'll be an awesome way to remember big doode.

Here is a pic of a Gorilla Glue #4 clone I have been nursing along and to be honest they are starting to look like they're going to live up their reputation, I'll let you all decide.
This pic is dedicated to the Big Irish Doode
IMG_174616.JPG

Well as you posted some GG and said I was OK to post up my GG girls here are some of my pair. They still have a good few weeks to go :) The tester bud is simply as I was curious over taste and a branch had hung itself lol. Its off the lanky one I have and its falling all over the place lol. They look further along due to me cocking up and stalling all my girls badly. They are slowly coming back to me now! :)
20140828_231146.jpg
20140828_231223.jpg
20140828_231546.jpg
20140828_231537.jpg
20140831_125732.jpg

Jst noticed all the cat hair lol. Good job I'm washing all my buds this run after using foliar feed. :)

WOW those GGs are frosty! :thumb:

was and still am super shocked our big buddy passed away and that set me back a bit. I finally realized after much prodding from members here (spiffy too!) that he wouldn't want me mopping around and or giving up so Im back at it but its hard, everytime I see TJ (hot tuna) or hear some Fast metal I think of BID and it stalls me out a bit.

I hear ya buddy. I got a little misty reading a couple of his memorial threads this morning. I'm glad to hear you're back at it. I gotta get me some blue beans to do a memorial grow myself. In coco of course. :)

GG_4s.JPG

GGs.JPG

Ive got a little less than two weeks left till flush, they are starting to come on now. Sure wish they would root up faster, its been two gens from rescue and Im trying to root up the third gen. Took them on the 28th of last month and still not a root. the other strains all rooted up on day 8? If it doesn't start cooperating soon I'll be forced to go a different direction. Sure hope she starts cooperating lol

That frost is amazing Sling...

I know for a fact that my numbers are going to be pitiful. This GG is the oddest plant Ive ever ran with. Awful girl that gets to leggy and collapses all over the shop. My one was a flux, this should have meant having a mature and severely trained plant that I got little stretch. I was very wrong that flux is now over 2 foot tall.
Now I understand the plant ill clone and run again with a more tailored plan. Yet this run ill only get say 6 OZ from 2 plants!!!! Costing me massively in yield this run.
At least I know the plant now and have some of the best percy coming ever! :) :)

I feel your pain LA, I have four, heck lets call it 3 in a 4 x 4 foot screen/tray.
Its been all I can do to keep them above the screen and at the canopy level.
I wanted so bad to do a second run but just cant get them to root. I was gifted 5 seeds as well so can try to get a healthier donor? I think the plants are like felines and only get so many lives.
Here's a pic or three of what they look like as of 12 hours ago, they will get a 7 day flush come this coming Thursday the 18th of Sept 2014
IMG_199410.JPG
IMG_199112.JPG
IMG_198617.JPG
IMG_198713.JPG

Please know this guys and gals and those behind the scenes at 420magazine.com that with everything that has happened this Summer (2014) I have truly given this strain my all and been with the plants each and every day and every single night.

I will continue to post pics of their last 10 days, a harvest update, pics and weights and a smoke report

Back
Top Bottom