MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2014

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Looking very good MrMysFyt!!!!

I am currently having a little issue with drainage, as I have 2 plants under a Trellis, both with drip trays just a little wider than the base of the pots they are in. I have found the easiest way is to shop vac all of the extra water out, it is SOOOOO convenient. So if you happen to have a Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum sitting around, I would recommend giving that a go.

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Thanks MaxYields, I had thought about using some kind of suction device, but the plants are short and stocky enough to be able to move around relatively easily and the stretch is beginning to now slow down. I also like to rotate the plants around the tent for maximum light distribution, so will stick with the current method :)

Thanks MaxYields, I had thought about using some kind of suction device, but the plants are short and stocky enough to be able to move around relatively easily and the stretch is beginning to now slow down. I also like to rotate the plants around the tent for maximum light distribution, so will stick with the current method :)

Definitely, it makes a big difference if you can move your plants on your own! Draining plants that are elabrately weaved into a trellis is a HUGE pain, which is why the shop vac is so important to me.

:welldone:

Definitely, it makes a big difference if you can move your plants on your own! Draining plants that are elabrately weaved into a trellis is a HUGE pain, which is why the shop vac is so important to me.

:welldone:

You think the shop vac works good? You should try a liquid trasfer pump! I got so mad with my shop vac and the big and bulking thing... And trying to empty it!! OMG... about broke my back. But then again i do flush with 10 gallons of water per pot...

I purchased one at the end of my last grow and wow.... Amazing. The best $13 investment ever....

71KDaDLmCQL_SL1500_.jpg

All you do is turn it on and stick the black end in water and it sucks its right up and comes out the tube! Its amazing. I use it with a 5 gallon bucket and it will fill the whole 5 gallons in no time... Its a very very good investment... The ONLY thing you have to watch is if you do have a VERY small container it is possible to water faster than it can suck it up if you are steady poring as fast as you can gallon after gallon. They make them a little more expensive that can do more GPH. But this one is perfect for my application.

Seeds+85 days (25 days into 12/12):

Everything's ticking along nicely at the moment. The plants have been lightly pruned to remove some of the leaves shading lower bud sites. Top view:

P1000507_Large_.JPG

Bud formation is starting to gather pace:

P1000510_Large_.JPG

Bud close-up:

P1000508_Large_.JPG

Onwards and upwards.....

Seeds+100 days (40 days into 12/12):

Happy 100-day birthday to the plants today :)

Not much has happened over the last two weeks, apart from slow bud formation. I have been impressed with pretty much all the same phenotypes in seven of the plants, with just two of the total nine plants being a little smaller in stature.

Top shot of bud with the Budmaster II LED lights off:

P1000519_Large_.JPG

Side shot of one of the buds with the LED lights off:

P1000518_Large_.JPG

Top shot of the canopy with the LED lights off:

P1000516_Large_.JPG

Side shot of one of the buds bathed in Budmaster II G.O.D. pinkness:

P1000513_Large_.JPG

Finally, a top shot of the canopy with the LED lights on:

P1000512_Large_.JPG

I have been impressed with the basic Hydrotops nutrients too. These plants appear to like them so far, having stuck to just below the recommended levels until the last 2-3 weeks. Obviously, being new to growing I have nothing to compare these to, but they seem to be doing a grand job so far.

Dinafem's Critical Kush are supposed to be 50-day finishers, but the pistils took quite a long time to show after switching to 12/12, so I'm guessing there's still another 2-4 weeks of flowering left.

Most take a magnifier to look at the thrichomes if they are ready.

I bought a 60x with an LED at the bay for 10$ and an 50-200x USB microscope for 15$.
We want most cloudy at the end, some prefer more clear some more amber.

My setup with the USB
IMG_20150204_202925.jpg

Damn, now thats a tool. And you have even real time image on the screen. Hope you get the smoke that you want man. :volcano-smiley::goodjob:

Most take a magnifier to look at the thrichomes if they are ready.

I bought a 60x with an LED at the bay for 10$ and an 50-200x USB microscope for 15$.
We want most cloudy at the end, some prefer more clear some more amber.

My setup with the USB
IMG_20150204_202925.jpg

Have already got a USB microscope thanks.... loving your mount for it though... where can I buy one of those? :)

It´s just an old standard stand for a camera and a piece of wood I screwed the USB on

It´s just an old standard stand for a camera and a piece of wood I screwed the USB on

Gotta love some of the Heath Robinson ways on this board.... a great solution nonetheless Darkgrow and judging by the buds, it's about time you started a journal too :)

Just caught up , nice clean setup, awesome light lol :) Your plants look healthy and happy!
How are you finding 9 girls in that space? Also hydrotops how have you found them? I've only ever used triple f or part 2 lol.

I'm inexperienced regarding indoor cannabis growing L.A. I have trouble with my fingers, so wanted a set up without too much fiddly work. I desperately wanted to try a flux, but thought it was a bit ambitious for a first time grow, so stuck with SOG(ish!) and mainlining. The Budmaster has helped keep each plant short and stocky, and although a squeeze with 9 plants in a 5' x 5' space, the light penetration appears to be exceeding all expectations. I was gifted a full set of Hydrotops nutrients, but wanted to keep the first couple of grows simple until I felt comfortable and then progress to using the rest of the range. Impressed with the results using just the veg and bloom nutrients so far, but have nothing to reference this grow to, so will be trying different combinations in future to see what happens :)

Am I too late to try a bit of bud back-building?

Hi MrMysfit,

Lookin forward to catching up and following along. :thumb:

Great to have you following along G.O.D. Amigo#2 :)

Back
Top Bottom