Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #2 The Giant SIP Outdoor Soil: Thailand!

Flower balcony - light pollution a concern?!

IMG_5334.jpeg
I didn't even see this pic when I did that other post. :rofl:
Just incredible.
I get light in my greenhouse at night.
Neighbors yard light, porch lights sometimes.
Street lights when I lived down south, shinning directly on my yard.
I never understood why but it didn't bother them at all.
They read the sunlight hrs and flowered accordingly.
Didn't matter if the neighbors left the lights on all night they just kept on trucking.
You see that 12 foot tall Jher of mine, 8 pounds street lights and all.
How was the fish?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I didn't even see this pic when I did that other post. :rofl:
Just incredible.
I get light in my greenhouse at night.
Neighbors yard light, porch lights sometimes.
Street lights when I lived down south, shinning directly on my yard.
I never understood why but it didn't bother them at all.
They read the sunlight hrs and flowered accordingly.
Didn't matter if the neighbors left the lights on all night they just kept on trucking.
You see that 12 foot tall Jher of mine, 8 pounds street lights and all.
How was the fish?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
I’m with you Bill - like learned light is discounted/ignored?

Could rig a little curtain to keep the direct light off them?
Have a couple of options.

Little means 15x10x8’ 4.5x3x2.4m

Temp screen, permanent movable, raise the boundary wall. There are reasons other than growing for putting a screen up.

I’m liking the “Have someone switch the damn lights off” approach. Few months yet.

Have a couple of options.

Little means 15x10x8’ 4.5x3x2.4m

Temp screen, permanent movable, raise the boundary wall. There are reasons other than growing for putting a screen up.

I’m liking the “Have someone switch the damn lights off” approach. Few months yet.
I’ll get on it :rofl:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Dude I’d invite you to stay but that spare room is where the balcony is? That’s our dry cure room and I dunno, I’m not sure there’d be anything left in there after your visit 😂
Nothing a drone and a spray can couldn't fix :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SmartSelect_20230818-125457_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Would they frown on you say, shooting it out?

And when I say you, I just mean someone. You know, contract work. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I’d get a “fine” probably. Prefer to negotiate that prior to the lights going out. Just get & Co explain the problem to the right person. There are only 3 houses on the street. There is a fourth going in between us and the lights on our street. Should be close on being up in time for flower. The big one in the distance is the one I’m worried about. But its a pretty fair approximation of a full moon. Maybe that helps.

Nick

I’ll preach a moment

Microbes are life. We humans, and most other earthly life have no business living in sterility. Our existence is possible not because of some perverted space daddy in a sterile vacuum but because Mother Earth has provided the perfect environments for microbes to thrive beyond simple survival. It is microbes and the planet we should be thankful for and praying to.

Like all things, sterility has its place. However, if we are talking about life here on earth in almost any capacity, sterility shouldn’t be a part of the equation at all. We can’t even figure out how our own brains work, how dare we think we know better than the microbes that gave birth to us.

Those that are close to and in tune with the land have known this for a long time. It’s been obscured with the rise of monotheism and the spiritual oppression of man’s religions that seek to separate us from our Mother the Earth.
Preach, friend, preach! Hallelujah, can I get an, “Amen brother”?

The carport is nice and clean after we up potted for the other grow. So I’m
Thinking lets build the grow medium and get it messy again Probably another 10-14 days before even thinking about planting in there. But - flower room is on 18/6 with Co2 at the moment so I’m thinking of putting them in there and seeing how they do. Never put such babies in gas before

Nick

IMG_5547.jpeg

Red Hot Cookies 4x

The front ones I just brought down from the big girls room. Much less growth - needed more light and air I think. The Right-side are the early purple stemmed ones. They’re still showing a little more purple now. I think I’ll def go with one of those for this grow. Maybe another week more likely two. I’m going to put them in one gallons tomorrow. But with a perlite res. Get a root ball with aqua roots is the plan. (Plants out of shot are papaya trees. & Co finally cut down the four she planted two years ago. 6 meters or 20ft? Past the top pf our first (second for some) floor bedroom)

The strain is only good for 650g outdoors they say but they also say cookies generally likes to be trained outwards. This is good, because its all I got! Not an absolute light princess either. I like the spot. I can veg for ages assuming you know, disease, pestilence, human interference or myriad other things don’t get in the way, so I’ll be gutted I only get 600g - because I’m an idiot. Just getting her to flower in an urban/jungle environment would be awesome. I’d love to do it all organic as well. But Goose, I’m switching to synths, Rooster But the dream is all organic - just you know feed it off my borehole water every so often and do a bit of trim ‘n train harvest when ready. 😅

Tested the SIP today and she leaks still from the valve. Tomorrow is prep day. Fix that, some minor fixes, holes in the sides, fasten the feed pipe. Then I need to build two transport platforms. One for here and one for another grow in a couple of months.

IMG_5536.jpeg

I’m liking the orange ones.

I’ll also be building her training frame- blue PVC natch!

Medium I’ll make most likely next weekend. Have all but some dolomite lime. Give it a soak and then let it dry out before a final flush and planting.

Tick tock, its coming along now.

Nick

IMG_5590.jpeg

Water temp hit 32c after 3 hours. The test was imperfect as its still leaking from the valve. Needs a full rebuild. Its not unexpected and I can see it going way past 32c (90F) our two tanks are in the coolest darkest corner of the garage. No direct light and they go as high as 30c. My farmer greenhouse buddy said earlier in the year they were putting bags of ice in their 5000L tanks.

So a 40L aquarium chiller is the solution. It was about $80. But by no means a waste. My Wasabi grow is not forgotten. When its done here it can go to that.

All makes perfect sense 😂

Nick

IMG_5547.jpeg

Red Hot Cookies 4x

The front ones I just brought down from the big girls room. Much less growth - needed more light and air I think. The Right-side are the early purple stemmed ones. They’re still showing a little more purple now. I think I’ll def go with one of those for this grow. Maybe another week more likely two. I’m going to put them in one gallons tomorrow. But with a perlite res. Get a root ball with aqua roots is the plan. (Plants out of shot are papaya trees. & Co finally cut down the four she planted two years ago. 6 meters or 20ft? Past the top pf our first (second for some) floor bedroom)

The strain is only good for 650g outdoors they say but they also say cookies generally likes to be trained outwards. This is good, because its all I got! Not an absolute light princess either. I like the spot. I can veg for ages assuming you know, disease, pestilence, human interference or myriad other things don’t get in the way, so I’ll be gutted I only get 600g - because I’m an idiot. Just getting her to flower in an urban/jungle environment would be awesome. I’d love to do it all organic as well. But Goose, I’m switching to synths, Rooster But the dream is all organic - just you know feed it off my borehole water every so often and do a bit of trim ‘n train harvest when ready. 😅

Tested the SIP today and she leaks still from the valve. Tomorrow is prep day. Fix that, some minor fixes, holes in the sides, fasten the feed pipe. Then I need to build two transport platforms. One for here and one for another grow in a couple of months.

IMG_5536.jpeg

I’m liking the orange ones.

I’ll also be building her training frame- blue PVC natch!

Medium I’ll make most likely next weekend. Have all but some dolomite lime. Give it a soak and then let it dry out before a final flush and planting.

Tick tock, its coming along now.

Nick
Your Red Hot Cookies are looking good, im looking forward to giving it a crack and seeing what its like :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom