Nick Serious - DYNOMYCO 2023 - Solo Cup Challenge

Post #2/28

Ok - panicked the Seriotica hadn’t popped and there was loads of perlite on top. So I looked for it and it had disappeared. Again. Cap in hand (less so she dropped it in) went to & Co who found it with a little tap root already. I repotted the top bit a bit neater.

Changed the pot colour for Cap’n (Shed gets a new colour to look at) we have green for the Irish contingent still.

There’s a SIP look for Azi.

Added a drop of H2O2 for sunny skies and blond hair for Bill.

The Strawberry AK is going on some Cal Mag and filler very soon I think. Maybe tomorrow.

EDIT - gave cal mag 1mg, filler, DP Soil A/B 2.5 and oh 1mg Total to fill the res.

When I switch to coco when I flip I’ll switch to coco nutes.

Need to hustle these girls along!

I'm here for the colored solo cups and don't care a lick about what's in 'em!
Pink? In the pink, for you, Sir, suits you, Sir!
i'm a euromutt. we all are here. still part though, enough to enjoy a guinness anyway.
A lovely wee emerald colour solo for yer man
Also this:
Le link juste - see below.
Same for me, but with the SIP.

:laughtwo:
I think I charged the wicking process today on the strawberry. Filling the res as it were. Take a pic tomorrow.
Hope you do don't mind if I follow along nick, interesting little comp 😁
Good luck 👍🏽
Greenvein - its the green for you too! Welcome. I’ve been wanting to do a solo for ages and my friend Nick Hardy is in the UK so if I win its heading his way for a grow I’m trying to help him with.

That’s going to be an outdoor soil grow so the above link on the soil stuff is actually rhe destination any prize would go which is super useful! Thanks guys!

The product @DYNOMYCO is legit good I think. I had better genetics and grew from seed when I used it but the roots I had at final up pot in Graduation were fantastic. The trucks and the most solid I’ve seen. I’ve seen 2.5m high plants with lesser. So i will be using for the next grow 100%.

A couple of pics, they’re under @Mars Hydro FCE6500’s at 50% and about 12” at the moment. They were at about 20” their stand of coco peat shipping boxes had three settings right now. 0-1-2 boxes. I’ve allowed for more granular control with 3 10L packets of coco peat to closer. 12” is what I’m after until I can get them on the gas. (They need a new mix of nutes. She’s in with mothers so don’t want them going nuts.

Grow, grow girls!
Nick (& Co begrudingly as she lost the seed too low in the pot. Wpuld have taken days to get it up)

Post #3/28

Got an extra pair of leaves on the the Strawberry which I shored up with some coco peat. Go girl!

The Seri still hiding. Giddee up!

We need the @DYNOMYCO to arrive to repots and flip but reckon thats Monday/Tuesday.

Shame that Strawberry looks ready to me! 😂

SIP build out tomorrow.

F5B2C951-3A8C-447A-B40A-7F023E223874.jpeg

Nick

Post #5/28

A bit early with this one but not anticipating much until the Dyno arrives. Going to repot to a more straight forward SIP so I made one today for the Strawberry in a vivid pink solo, baby pink overflow and a lime green filter. Might add a blue cable tie too. (I did but its green)

This is what I started with. The coco peat is for last when we repot. Its previously used and also I collected it from where the flower room drains so its probably pretty nutrient rich

The perlite I scavenged as we’re out. Also reused. I rinsed it out of as much coco as I could using my daughters beach bucket top. Sort of thing you buy at the beach to make sandcastles with and has a filter for getting stones out of the sand. Some PVC glue for plumbing we had lying around. A straw. Some tools.

I measured the diameter of the solo cup with what I had lying around. A @Herbies Seeds grinder I had lying around from a previous order from them.

I heated a bamboo skewer on the gas stove and pushed through a hole for a clipped baby pink normal sized drinking straw I’d cut either side of the bendy bit and left about 1cm horizontally inside the cup. By this point I remembered I had some Aquarium glue on the bookshelf so sealed it up with that. I used the same glue to affix a larger diameter “Slushie Sip” type straw to the side with the scoop bit at the bottom to try and mitigate against any blockages.

I then hacked up my little daughter’s beach toy that had served me so well cleaning the perlite just 20 minutes before - using the shears to clip out a rough circle to the diameter of the grinder pictured above I used for the pattern. This I rested on the top of the horizontal now glued in overflow pipe and squished against my watering pipe. I glued it once with the aquarium glue then as although it says semi structural on the aquarium glue that PVC pipe glue I know is super strong so added a bit of that after,

Then I added dunno maybe an 8mm-10mm layer of the recycled perlite. The recycled coco is just waiting for a mix with some @DYNOMYCO In the next few days and we’ll repot the Strawberry seedling and flip her and add gas.

The res is around 75ml. Measured to drip with a syringe but a bit lazily. The syringe was old and the numbers worn off mostly!

Total cost zero. Just stuff lying around. Glue you probably need to buy if you don’t have. Skip the perlite. But for a zero cost stealth grow just add medium and seed.

Hope someone enjoys that!

Nick

6A44340F-9259-45AB-9EA1-308FF24BCFBB.jpeg

Good morning Mucker :ciao:
Great set up.
Hope everything is going well.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Right I reckon a)

My 28 day calculation avoided all mention of the Month of May. So give that’s 31 days and then those 4 in June to deadline its 35 days then we need to add in 19 Days for me to end April, so its actually 54 days.

So this would be # 6/54 Posts.

But that’s no fun with numbers that I like nor how many posts that is, because this grow is busy.

So this is Post # 6/42

Because.

Nick

Post # 7/42

The Strawberry All Kool

Nothing on the Seri and I’m worried was watered behind my back. & Co is prone to it and I know it likes it drier to spring.

If it doesn’t pop I have a bunch of similar sized clones to the strawberry. Probably It’ll be a Gorilla Glue #4 (I love it to smoke and grows great) or maybe a Kali Mist because that will go crazy. But I’ll pick same sized. It’s not going in a solo SIP. When the Dynamite Stick arrives I’m
Repotting to the mini sip and then I’m building my classic style 5 Gallon coco grow but in a Solo

I have 30 small netafim collars lying around. i can plug it in to the big girls and their notes and reflect back a bunch of light from the area I need to funnel because the baby collars are too small. Tin foil covered they’ll account for the collars being too big and and reflect light up! Puncture the holes out with a hot spike at 90 degrees angle to get the airpot effect and mix them both up with @DYNOMYCO,

Hoping I can get the Seri there above ground but got options for pot two.

Here’s the diagram.

Nick

6AF28DF9-FF14-4AB7-A95E-92AEB63E05B8.jpeg

Post 8/42

I think I’ll get the Seriotica to pop still. Maybe tomorrow. Changed her environment a bit. It can be chopped 5-6 weeks into flower. If I can flip her in a week I might be in with a chance. There’s a pheno that looks like it prefers that shorter time. Maybe its one of them - I have clones pf them if not but its not clear what “zero” means in the amended rules. But I reckon I catch the Strawberry up if this one pops. I made a new pot (considering dropping it in the hydro 2/3 full of perlite as soon as she pops.

Its designed as a Solo Airpot. But could get submerged and function just fine as a hydro basket.

Here is how I made it.

Starting tools. What I pretty much used. I added a new tool I made put of a pair of tweezers we use for final trim.

I used the trusty bamboo skewer to puncture holes in the bottom - I made sure to make them from the inside - I wanted them to stand a little “proud” to keep some space between whatever drainage tray they go on and the cup for flow.

Then I bent out the tweezers into a pick axe heated it on the gas it was like a hot knife through butter, two sides at time, tick tock! I probably should have marked them. But they’ll do. They were also from the inside teying to get those air pot type “pops” to kill the roots.

The finished article with added drainage holes and we code the strain with that colour tape. Also there was a crack during the manufacturing process so it is mildly structural 😆

The plan is to take the still in the ground seed into that pot in coco. Normal style for us. A layer of perlite, a layer of coco peat/perlite mix a layer of perlite repeat one more time.

But of we’re slow I’m going to temporarily fill that pot with all perlite and drop in the hydro tank. Maybe repot after a week in there with a bit more coco to the mix and then flip and up to the flower room. Its a bit extreme bit will be fun.

To be absolutely clear this isn’t Dynomyco’s fault! I bought online from someone that was a fraud because I love the stuff anyway and as they state its not licensed here.

Just waiting on the @DYNOMYCO It cost me like $80 for 200g. That’s fine and its from a grey importer. The online store is covered with the logos and artwork for the legit stuff. They sent me this

It was meant to be a Dynamite Tube.

The platform is arranging a cancellation and refund. Just a pain. Have more on the way from a more reputable store but the people I used before are out. I think I can still get some buds on each plant before 4th June. New stuff should arrive at the weekend fingers crossed although it is Songkran (Thai New Year) next 5 days.

Nick

Post #9/42

The final pot off. Because the air gap/overflow offended some 😂 I gave it an elephant cod piece to protect its modesty. The Strawberry gets a Headstart in the SIP.

We’ll see if we can catch it up in the Airpot after.

All being well both will have Dynomyco. The roots already to the bottom of the weird setup I have now for the Straw. Also, bless! A little nute burn!

Nick

Post #10/42

Repot. Imagine you’re playing Omaha on a river boat with cards and chips and guns.

I was convinced the Dynomyco was legit. And was bored. So AziAK Pheno #1 is in her upgraded SIP - basically I started in a SWICK with extra airholes and now she’s in a pure SIP?

Medium is I think bonus fancy coco peat. We buy in 100L increments and the last box is always full of extras, wood chip shavings. This is really much darker and like silk to the touch. Its not in 10L bag so not our normal paler stuff.

I took a chance on the Myco. It looked right when I opened it. I threw in some Ph 7 swimming pool water, ( My swimming pool
Water is H2O2, extra oxygen molecule and extra pee) gave it a mix. Then like really quite a lot of myco. The roots were looking goodish anyway.

Fed the res I think 84ml to overflow. Then added 20ml from the top.

All with syringe obvs.

Mix was what I would give second week veg. (I made 400ml but these are equivs (2ml Cal Mag, 3ml A/B Hydro Coco Blend, 1ml Total, 2ml filler)

Then as you aee in the last picture I place her with her sister Strawberries in the flower room. Low down. I’m not flipping her a day or so but tomorrow during the day she can get a little Co2 and more intense light, different spectrum and I’ll put her back in the veg tent on 18/6 in the afternoon. A couple of days like that. Roots gotta adjust. Lights, gas. A couple of days and I’ll flip.

Nick

2A9718E5-CB52-4965-94DD-5233DE5BD916.jpeg
F25D8A75-932A-4F1B-AC3B-2C88B38A02EA.jpeg
52A9E761-6BB9-4B5A-A995-265F6C2E0CA9.jpeg
C4A73513-EDCB-4F49-A670-B6F922BDA71F.jpeg
DAC82F75-0016-4376-BDEE-83873B721358.jpeg
9379FAC4-9576-468E-B539-C035DD1E0891.jpeg
78234BFB-A043-4863-A12F-0BBE46211DBD.jpeg
CF85CED0-BA2B-4218-B1D3-363E40D6334D.jpeg
2C7FE4D2-2A8E-4F9E-A5B2-E788467C4ED0.jpeg

Post #10/42

Repot. Imagine you’re playing Omaha on a river boat with cards and chips and guns.

I was convinced the Dynomyco was legit. And was bored. So AziAK Pheno #1 is in her upgraded SIP - basically I started in a SWICK with extra airholes and now she’s in a pure SIP?

Medium is I think bonus fancy coco peat. We buy in 100L increments and the last box is always full of extras, wood chip shavings. This is really much darker and like silk to the touch. Its not in 10L bag so not our normal paler stuff.

I took a chance on the Myco. It looked right when I opened it. I threw in some Ph 7 swimming pool water, ( My swimming pool
Water is H2O2, extra oxygen molecule and extra pee) gave it a mix. Then like really quite a lot of myco. The roots were looking goodish anyway.

Fed the res I think 84ml to overflow. Then added 20ml from the top.

All with syringe obvs.

Mix was what I would give second week veg. (I made 400ml but these are equivs (2ml Cal Mag, 3ml A/B Hydro Coco Blend, 1ml Total, 2ml filler)

Then as you aee in the last picture I place her with her sister Strawberries in the flower room. Low down. I’m not flipping her a day or so but tomorrow during the day she can get a little Co2 and more intense light, different spectrum and I’ll put her back in the veg tent on 18/6 in the afternoon. A couple of days like that. Roots gotta adjust. Lights, gas. A couple of days and I’ll flip.

Nick

2A9718E5-CB52-4965-94DD-5233DE5BD916.jpeg
F25D8A75-932A-4F1B-AC3B-2C88B38A02EA.jpeg
52A9E761-6BB9-4B5A-A995-265F6C2E0CA9.jpeg
C4A73513-EDCB-4F49-A670-B6F922BDA71F.jpeg
DAC82F75-0016-4376-BDEE-83873B721358.jpeg
9379FAC4-9576-468E-B539-C035DD1E0891.jpeg
78234BFB-A043-4863-A12F-0BBE46211DBD.jpeg
CF85CED0-BA2B-4218-B1D3-363E40D6334D.jpeg
2C7FE4D2-2A8E-4F9E-A5B2-E788467C4ED0.jpeg

What's life without a few risks Nick 🤣 looking good! I love how your set up is pretty much the same as mine I'm just jealous of the white pots think they look well smart 👌🏼 but I love the drippers not long got my second set 😎
✌🏽

Next grow we’ll be back to black. They’re all cleaned off and stored from the last grow. Its going to be an easy visual way to keep track especially with photo’s etc. for record keeping. Plus I suspect we’re running the sativas long while we have 15 of the newly flipped hybrids in about 5 weeks 🤣

About the same time I want to have a harvest off “Paris” above. That’s her name btw!

Nick.

Post #11/42

Paris is on a plinth. Made of a 4” duct pipe box

She’s getting Co2 and more light. But before lights out in the flower room I’m going to put her back downstairs with the girls still in veg. A few days like this and then I’ll top and flip all being well.

Fed 60ml into the res (85ml to full yesterday) plus another 20 top watering just in case. Ph Downing a solo cup of nutes is a pain!

Nick

Post #11/42

Paris is on a plinth. Made of a 4” duct pipe box

She’s getting Co2 and more light. But before lights out in the flower room I’m going to put her back downstairs with the girls still in veg. A few days like this and then I’ll top and flip all being well.

Fed 60ml into the res (85ml to full yesterday) plus another 20 top watering just in case. Ph Downing a solo cup of nutes is a pain!

Nick

How is she with that much light?
The big girls are loving it. :welldone:
You dried out yet? :rofl:
Have a great weekend my friend. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

It might just rain tonight! Please 🙏🏼

Seems OK. She had about 4 hours on the ground. 2 hours at Big Girl Pot level and she’ll have 4 hours top level so dialling her in. The yellow was pre existing. She got thirsty yesterday in the SWICK.

Amazed she did 80% the res in less that a day. Might need to have a think about a gravity feed. I have about 6 different sized pipes from failed irrigation projects 😅

Nick

It might just rain tonight! Please 🙏🏼

Seems OK. She had about 4 hours on the ground. 2 hours at Big Girl Pot level and she’ll have 4 hours top level so dialling her in. The yellow was pre existing. She got thirsty yesterday in the SWICK.

Amazed she did 80% the res in less that a day. Might need to have a think about a gravity feed. I have about 6 different sized pipes from failed irrigation projects 😅

Nick
What? Failed irrigation projects? Say it’s not so my Irish ☘️ friend! Just kidding bro I get a little buzzed and wonder later what the heck was I thinking 🤔. Makes life interesting anyway. CL🍀

What? Failed irrigation projects? Say it’s not so my Irish ☘️ friend! Just kidding bro I get a little buzzed and wonder later what the heck was I thinking 🤔. Makes life interesting anyway. CL🍀
Aww mate - until now (just about) every different bit of irrigation between tank and plant was on all different fixtures and fitting 4, 4.5,5mm pipes. Connectors. Imperial, metric. We made many missteps! Plus we have Co2 pipe by the metre left over!

We got to what worked best eventually. But yeah I have a big collection of potential irrigation pipes to feed the straw!

Nick

Back
Top Bottom