PeeJay's Perpetual Porta-Scrog Party

Box of wonky Chit buds. Should dry to about 2.5 zips.

IMG_087234.JPG

That be some good chit, bro!

Seriously good Chit, Major. Not thrilled with the yield but pleased that I'm going to have a QP of Chit from the two plants combined and I have bounty of small airy buds and sugar trim from these two fresh frozen plus all the popcorn and sugar in the freezer from the two I grew last summer. I'm thinking some berry scented dry ice hash like you did with your summer stuff.

It does say perpetual in the title of this journal. If that claim is true then obviously there have been things going on in veg. You may have caught that there is a Bangi Haze clone in the flower tent getting sexed. I haven't been documenting it because it's a classic tale of neglect and mistreatment.

The plants moving into flower were all started back in October and have been under T-5 in the tent from hell that I railed on back in the last journal. It's a huge pain unzipping it and zipping back up. The thing is only 24" high. They've been in 2 gallon pots with no feeding. When they grew into the lights there was mass leaf burn so I just cut across the top of them with the clippers like they were a hedge. They went dry too often.

About a week ago I cleaned 'em up, dusted 'em off, and moved them into a 4x2x4 tent I have and put 'em under a Mars reflector 144 x 5w with only the grow switch on. Today they all got potted up into ten gallons.

Here's the one that looks best and the breeder hype:

The 5th Element is unbelievably strong, but you can still enjoy this intense cerebral thriller from wake-and-bake time until near bedtime. Far from a couchlocker, this is one of the best all-day smokes you'll find at Elemental Seeds. Maybe that's why it's a breeder & collective favorite. Try it once & you'll love it, too!

Blackberry X All Spark OG
55 to 60 Days of Finish
Mostly Cerebral - Very Strong
100% Feminized Seeds - 6 Beans to a Pack
With a thick aroma & distinctive OG flavour, 5th Element Seeds will school you on what West Coast weed seeds are all about. This powerful Blackberry X All Spark OG hybrid only needs 55 to 60 days of finish to do her thing delivering extra-high yields of OG-flavoured herb as long as you treat her right. This baby loves to eat!

IMG_087732.JPG

IMG_087929.JPG

The other two had some LST done to 'em and are not as pretty as the 5th but are bouncing back strong. The 5th Element will hang in the 4x2 for a couple of days and move into the flower tent on Monday or Tuesday.

Oh, one more thing. People have been pestering me to see how things go if I recycle my dirt because I never do. I use it to pot up container perennials and stuff. Well, I don't have anything to do with a bunch of used dirt right now so this is second run that I juiced up with some added Yum-Yum and worm castings. I didn't measure. Maybe I should have but I just eyeballed it. Probably about a half gallon of each for 30 gallons of dirt.

Something tells me that you can eyeball it just fine and it will still outperform most. I mean come on, the veg girls above would have been dead many times over if I had tried that management routine, but yours looks like this!
IMG_087732.JPG

But this doesn't necessarily sound like your cuppa tea from the breeder hype "intense cerebral thriller". You may need to get some Ruination or some such hop bomb to accompany that.

:bravo:
Bob ;)

Tell me about it Bob. I've been experimenting with the Sage n' Sour and Modus Mandarina from Ska, an IPA heavily dry loaded with Mandarina Barvaria hops and flavored with a hint of orange peel in the mix this afternoon. It does seem to take the edge off the Sage 'n Sour and I'm certain it's the hops not the 7% ABV that is responsible. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Tell me about it Bob. I've been experimenting with the Sage n' Sour and Modus Mandarina from Ska, an IPA heavily dry loaded with Mandarina Barvaria hops and flavored with a hint of orange peel in the mix this afternoon. It does seem to take the edge off the Sage 'n Sour and I'm certain it's the hops not the 7% ABV that is responsible. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That sounds fantastic. Have a orange peel infused IPA here from a local brew house that is fantastic. I would go get a keg filled with it but if I came back with any less than the double I would be in trouble with the wife. I am a lucky man!

Bob ;)

Here's the other two. They'll replace the Golden Lemons and Panama when they get harvested. First is Pink Plant from Eva Seeds. Breeder info:

TNT Kush x High Level
SHAPE: Quite elongated and big plant, robust stems, with very compact and hard buds.
EFFECT: Powerful and cerebral
SMELL: Mild, to fresh fruit
TASTE: Fresh, to loquat and eucalyptus

SUMMARY: Outdoors, it is an extremely vigorous plant, rather big, with true super-productions. Its pistils turn pink during the flowering phase. It generates little ambient odours, which makes it ideal for crops where smells might be a problem.

This one really shows how hard it's life has been. It grows like crazy and got the hedge clipper treatment 5-6 times. New growth looks good. I cleaned it out well. The stems are very woody and I really had to crank down to pull it open. New growth looks healthy.

IMG_088529.JPG

Bangi Haze Breeder info:

Bangi Haze is one the fastest sativa hybrid from our collection. Its name comes from the Nepalese incense aroma that will seduce you immediately and its energetic high from the Congolese sativa. It is a compact sativa that produces dense flowers full of generous trichomes.

Bangi Haze was bred and improved for indoor growing. Good adaptation to cold outdoor climates.

STRUCTURE: Compact and columnar sativa, easy to work with it.

BOUQUET: A seductive honey and liquor aroma.

POTENCY: Strong and energetic sativa effect that raises you and maintains you active.

Bangi Haze is one the fastest sativa hybrids from the Ace Seeds collection. Its name comes from the Nepalese incense aroma that will seduce you immediately and its energetic high from the Congolese sativa. It is a compact sativa that produces dense flowers full of generous trichomes.

Bangi Haze was bred and improved for indoor growing. Good adaptation to cold outdoor climates.

It is a compact and columnar sativa, easy to work with it. Its aroma is one of seductive honey and liquor. This is a very strong and energetic sativa effect that raises you and maintains you active.

This one cleaned up pretty well. Had to pull a ton of burned leafs off of both the Bangi and 5th Element. I cleaned this one out, and removed weak or down-pointing nodal growth after LST.

IMG_088624.JPG

They look great even with all the abuse... Nice box O buds

I shoulda taken pics before the clean up. There is one more biggish plant in that little T-5 tent that didn't get pulled out and cleaned up last week. It's a Panama male clone that I've been saving for when it's convenient to throw some pollen around. The clone was taken the same time as the Panama and Chits which are/were flowering. The 5th Element, Bangi Haze, and Pink Plant were all planted from seed on the same day as the Golden Lemons.

Dragged out the Panama male still in the two gallon pot of dirt it's been in since October and gave it a haircut last night. Before and after pics:

IMG_088729.JPG

IMG_088929.JPG

IMG_089022.JPG

IMG_089132.JPG

I wasn't home much in December and the first couple of weeks of January. I have clones of the Bangi, 5th, and Pink that I could grow out instead of these. It just seems like fun because they have been violently topped so many times and I'm curious what they'll do.

Wow, nice work keeping them alive through the abuse! And those turtle snacks look delish. Then there is that lovely purple chitral, she is definitely the chit!

All in all, that is some impressive cultivating.

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

Up close and personal with a test bud taken from way down low on the Golden Lemons that has been drying outside in the bright sun for the last two afternoons. Gonna try it tomorrow.

0012769.jpg

0022679.jpg

0032577.jpg

0042409.jpg

0052277.jpg

0062007.jpg

0081705.jpg

And a couple of the wonky Chit bud I snipped off last Wednesday to try over the weekend. I sampled the bottom part of this one right before becoming motivated to mess around with taking pics. Bright flavor dominated by berry even before the cure.

IMG_096134.JPG

IMG_095833.JPG

0091516.jpg

Such beautiful colors to both of them. Those purples are such a tease. Tasty little morsels PeeJay. :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom