The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

That's exactly what I'm looking for. The explaination will be that the storage units are for what I'm keeping, but I don't want unsightly boxes laying around while I wait. I even have a special drawing I did in college that will fit right in front of the part that sits above the curtain. That wall doesn't get any sunlight and this is a delicate pencil piece on newsprint, so it had to be protected. I haven't had it out for display since I drew it in 1977, I believe it is.

I'm excited about being able to display it at long last. :laughtwo: I think when I get down to basics the artwork is going to be some of what I'll most resist letting goof. I have a number of quality pieces done by friends from our college years. Those decisions will be the toughest. It's still all stuff in the end.

better to be known as a potential hoarder that a bra burning hippie stoner :ganjamon:

Keep an eye on that newsprint. Even standard room lighting might turn it brown.

Is there anywhere above those ceiling tiles to attach strong hanging wires?

:laughtwo: I'm already known as a bra-burning hippie stoner. LOL! I was wondering if archival glass would be a better choice for that newsprint piece. It's expensive, but worth the price if you value the piece. This was a nice one. I've missed it.

No, unfortunately, the ceiling above there is falling plaster. Every once in a while (like the day I came home :straightface: ) it crashes down through and makes a big mess. It would have been nice to have been able to suspend it, but alas, that would probably vibrate the rest of the plaster down.

image7528.jpeg

Question: How large should I make this containment box? I could pick up another box this size and tape them together from the inside to form one long box. It's all size adjustable. Sharp tools and good cutting surfaces make all the difference.

How much clearance does the filter require to do its job? The unit itself measures 18" across and stands 2' high.

Any feedback here will be appreciated.

Sue,

There are grades of glass that have some UV protection. Still, low light and no direct sun. I would order it unless you trust a local frame shop. It would probably be cheaper as well, even with the shipping.

You can have the paper treated as well. I do not know the process. I do know that it is not outrageous because I made negatives of a revolutionary war news paper when we had the photo lab. I think it was an eight or ten page tabloid and he would not have paid a lot to have it done. The paper was some kind of charcoal process so, the pencil should be fine.

Just a corner full of boxes, cool. Only thing is someone is going to ask where you got the fabric wardrobe boxes.

It'is fun watching you have fun.

Best

It's fun watching you have fun.

Best

:laughtwo: I'm so glad you're enjoying the process Canyon. That made me chortle with glee. :circle-of-love:

Admittedly, I am having a lot of fun. :battingeyelashes: :love:

image7528.jpeg

Question: How large should I make this containment box? I could pick up another box this size and tape them together from the inside to form one long box. It's all size adjustable. Sharp tools and good cutting surfaces make all the difference.

How much clearance does the filter require to do its job? The unit itself measures 18" across and stands 2' high.

Any feedback here will be appreciated.

Here's what I think I'd do, or try to do at least. One big box only made to look like separate boxes. If you had a sturdy enough box, you could set it on top and get away with very minimal venting, just enough to seal each tent to the inside of the box. Your filter and fan sit on one side or the other. Then you could even build in a smaller box inside with restricted airflow for drying in.

Hopefully you can visualize and judge the idea off that description.

What's the plan with the exhaust air?

I would use the big box to house the filter and fan. I would cut a small hole from the big box into another box on top the same size as the fan outlet. The second box can serve as the exhaust. The key to silencing any air movement is the gradual release of air. So instead of just an open vent we would want some holes in this box on the back and perhaps even another box attached which would have more small holes.

I would use the big box to house the filter and fan. I would cut a small hole from the big box into another box on top the same size as the fan outlet. The second box can serve as the exhaust. The key to silencing any air movement is the gradual release of air. So instead of just an open vent we would want some holes in this box on the back and perhaps even another box attached which would have more small holes.

Thanks Shiggity. I like the idea of stacked boxes with holes to slow down the air. I will be making them look like they're individual boxes. That's the creative challenge.

And thanks to you too Heirloom. I'll definitely be picking up another box today and adding it to the side because this one doesn't have much clearance at all.

This week I should get the rest of my new light panels. Time to get serious. :laughtwo:

love the show miss ya

Hello Sweet Sue,

Glad you are able to post in your journal again. Good luck with your creative cardboard project............ok back to lurkin:smokin:

Thanks MsSiroz. It's been sporadic. Like a little cosmic game and the joke's on me. :laughtwo: Plays hell with my spontaneous nature. Let me join you. :passitleft:

love the show miss ya

:love: :hug: :love: I'm glad you're enjoying it Bear. I got a little busy over the past few months. I'm glad you're still with us Bear and I'll have to swing through later and see what's up in your edge of Paradise.

Right now I'm headed out for another big box and then I'm going to spend the afternoon slicing and dicing and taping and see what magic I can create. I'm looking at it thinking I need one side to hinge open for easy access to the unit and that should be on the closet end. I'm glad that occurred to me. :laughtwo:

I can see it almost completely in my head now. I'm ready to wing it. If I run into problems I'll yell for help.

It's an absolutely breathtaking sunny day out there. I'm going to enjoy the mile walk both ways, soaking up the sun. In February we're lucky to see the sun in Pittsburgh, so two days in a row is a rare treat. It's going to make for a joyful stroll to Office Depot. I'd hope that your own stroll through life lends you numerous opportunities for joyful expression. Get out there people. Spread that joy around. Enjoy this marvelous day.

Catch you later. :ciao:

The ingenuity of the members Here is outstanding. So many great ideas to pick and choose from to create truly unique grow spaces. I've been a big fan and reader of your colloidal silver experiences, I've been applying some 30ppm to some of my popcorn buds since pistils started, still no pollen sacks. Is this solution to weak or should I just keep applying. I appreciate your dedicated journal it's a very enjoyable read for us newbies.
Keep it green my dear, cheers

Ps. Congrats on your member of the year prizes they will be a great addition to your grow

The ingenuity of the members Here is outstanding. So many great ideas to pick and choose from to create truly unique grow spaces. I've been a big fan and reader of your colloidal silver experiences, I've been applying some 30ppm to some of my popcorn buds since pistils started, still no pollen sacks. Is this solution to weak or should I just keep applying. I appreciate your dedicated journal it's a very enjoyable read for us newbies.
Keep it green my dear, cheers

Ps. Congrats on your member of the year prizes they will be a great addition to your grow

Thank you Snidrajsed. The title is an honor. The prizes are a bit overwhelming.

That propagation thread isn't mine. I know less than nothing about this subject. Any minute now someone's going to redirect you to another thread where they can answer your question. I'm away from home and on a tiny screen or I'd do that now myself.

Here's another good one; Feral's Perpetual Feminized Pollen & Seed Production

Glimmer's second journal also showcases it. However if I remember correctly, she applied it too late and wasn't successful. Mistakes do make the best learning tools though... Off to find those posts for ya, its on this thread; Glimmer Grows More Autos - Blue Dream - Amnesia & Dark Devil In Coco With MH/LEDs. Found the start at post 349.

I went out for a nice long walk along the river, walked the labyrinth and swung by Office Depot on the way home to get another box. I mistakenly bought the next size up and I'm thinkin' this just might be the perfect size.

What say you all?

image7588.jpeg

I think this looks like plenty clearance. If need be I can add another side box, but is that really necessary? I can simply cut holes for the incoming.

What do you think guys? The simpler I can make this the better. I'm seeing those intake holes and some boxes stacked on top to slow down the air and possibly tone down the noise.

image7589.jpeg

Dambit Sue watching you make changes has made me get off my ass and design a cheep and i hope effective seedling/clone/veg area
New_Area_2.jpg

New_Area_1.jpg

blurry pics cause i have had to much coffee and sativa. I hope the general Idea is there. Reused a old clothes hanger and a old sleeping bag

Love you anyways ya got me motavated

Dambit Sue watching you make changes has made me get off my ass and design a cheep and i hope effective seedling/clone/veg area
New_Area_2.jpg

New_Area_1.jpg

blurry pics cause i have had to much coffee and sativa. I hope the general Idea is there. Reused a old clothes hanger and a old sleeping bag

Love you anyways ya got me motavated

Lol, cheap is the word. Should be nice and warm for seedlings. Effective enough I'd say, it'll do. Talk about using materials at hand. Cheers bear.

Back
Top Bottom