Pre-Med's 1st Grow - DWC - Multi-Strain Journal - Spring 2016

Week 7 Progress

Can you believe it's already week 7? I'm trying to figure out how much longer to veg em before I switch to flowering. I was thinking maybe another week or two. Thoughts?

Week 7 Nutrients
FloraMicro - 15mL per gallon
FloraGro - 15mL per gallon
FloraBloom - 10mL per gallon
SM-90 - 3mL per gallon
BioAg Ful-Power - 15mL per gallon
FloraBlend - 12mL per gallon
GH ArmorSi - 15ml per bucket

I went a little heavy on the defoliation imo but I just want to make sure that I'm not wasting my time and the plants energy on little popcorn buds when it could be investing in some dense colas. Idk, that's just my thought process on the matter. Here are some pics!

Serafina

Esme

Lolita

Ariadne

Blossom

Camille

Quick Question

I'm doing some reservoir changes right now and was wondering if I should be snooping off these side shoots that are on side shoots to give more power to the main cola of this branch. Here's a pic to describe what I'm saying, look how there is a bud site underneath the v shaped buds
image11182.jpeg

It may be too late... But that budsite would grow into the top one creating one big bud. Hope I'm not too late, cuz your defoliation was pretty extensive... They will be some big huge buds, have you seen VladimirPutin 's explodey she's much like your girls structure. It's alot of foliage gone, but they will make the top buds that much thicker.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Premed if it were me, personally i wouldn't be snipping any more off - just my 2 cents

:thumb:
Time to Bloom :;):

I'm getting close to changing the light schedule to 12/12! I can't wait for it. I'm gonna hold off on defoliation and just keep things from getting in the way of one another.

It may be too late... But that budsite would grow into the top one creating one big bud. Hope I'm not too late, cuz your defoliation was pretty extensive... They will be some big huge buds, have you seen VladimirPutin 's explodey she's much like your girls structure. It's alot of foliage gone, but they will make the top buds that much thicker.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I read his post a few weeks back which inspired me to do some extensive defoliation; however, I recently started getting carried away because I was noticing how nice some sites were getting! I'm still expecting a good yield even with these errors. I'll definitely take better care on my next grow which I hope is very soon!

Premature Updates

Heyooo! This update comes a few days early since I was able to stop by the grow room today and check out the babes. They have grown so much in just a few days!! I decided to keep them in the dark until Thurs (May 5) so I can get them started on 12/12.

Here are some photos:
Serafina

Esme

Lolita

Ariadne

Blossom

Camille

The root rot was under control up until a few days ago when I started to notice Ariadne was getting sick. You can actually see some of her fan leaves are ugly in the pics posted above. I tried changing out her reservoir to see if that would fix it but I checked her again today and she seems to be in worse shape. The temperatures here have been wild to say the least; however, my grow room was maintaining a good temp range of 65-75 but lately the temp has been skyrocketing past 82 and I think that's why the problem is back. I really wish I knew how to make my exhaust system remove the hot air but not all of my humidity (it's super dry here, usually less than 15%RH). The humidifier just can't pump fast enough.

I'm thinking I will purchase Cannazym to produce some enzymes and vitamins necessary for degrading those dead roots and keep using SM-90 to kill the nasty stuff. I'm gonna work on some sort of temp control system to keep things in better shape for the upcoming summer. As always, I am open to suggestions for this :)

Try the towel hanging in a tray/bowl of water trick to see if you can increase humidity enough to start exhausting some heat. Change towel every day or so as to not build up mold issues.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420

I actually tried this method when I started my grow room to see if it would increase the RH. Sadly, it didn't do much for me :(

I'm also considering moving the grow tnet from the garage to the basement. There's a storage room that would be perfect for the tent but I'm worried they will basically "suffocate" because there isn't a lot of air flow to that area. The climate is very stable in the basement and in this room particular. What do you all think about moving the grow tent?

I persoanlly like it in the basement. just be careful if it isn't finished or has bare concrete floors always want to insulate the roots from cold. but if you can get the tent an exhaust and have a passive intake, you should be set. cooler temps help all day in the summer it doesn't get too extreme if you vent properly

The root rot was under control up until a few days ago when I started to notice Ariadne was getting sick. You can actually see some of her fan leaves are ugly in the pics posted above. I tried changing out her reservoir to see if that would fix it but I checked her again today and she seems to be in worse shape. The temperatures here have been wild to say the least; however, my grow room was maintaining a good temp range of 65-75 but lately the temp has been skyrocketing past 82 and I think that's why the problem is back. I really wish I knew how to make my exhaust system remove the hot air but not all of my humidity (it's super dry here, usually less than 15%RH). The humidifier just can't pump fast enough.

I'm thinking I will purchase Cannazym to produce some enzymes and vitamins necessary for degrading those dead roots and keep using SM-90 to kill the nasty stuff. I'm gonna work on some sort of temp control system to keep things in better shape for the upcoming summer. As always, I am open to suggestions for this :)
But what is the temperature of the water in the reservoir? It can be quite different from the air temperature.

But what is the temperature of the water in the reservoir? It can be quite different from the air temperature.

I think I'm jealous of your space. ;)

I'm not sure what the water temp is exactly. Guess it would help if I invested in a little thermometer to check that out. I assume it's pretty high if it's causing damage like this. I also think that the plants got really stressed because we had a snow storm this past weekend which kept them at a good temp and then the weather got nice and went back to high 70s - mid 80s making the grow tent very hot very fast!

Aww shucks, I sure do love the people that provide for me :circle-of-love: I'll have to figure out what I'm gonna do asap lol

I was having keeping humidity above the 30s during the cold months here. I bought a little reptile tank humidifier for like $6 on amazon. You sit it in a bowl of water and it kicks off great clouds of vapor with no heat. It splashes like hell tho so i got a wide mouth plastic jug and cut vent holes in the top and set a small 4inch fan to blow across the top to circulate the vapor. Took some trial and error but it got my humidity up to between 55%-65% consistently. Think it was a zoo-med product same as the uvb bulb i have.

Back
Top Bottom