Prof Goes Guerrilla Growing 2022

Best of luck getting them established in the wild @ProffesorFlora. Lots of critters fancy young sprouts. One giant salad bowl for them. I can remember checking on a gorilla grow many years ago and finding a porcupine happily munching away on my biggest plant Bird netting was the solution, and practically invisible.

Maybe spray them with cayenne pepper and water mix....it's safe for the plant and repels animals from chewing on the leaves...gives them a kick in the mouth and spice for the nose....and if/when ready just rinse em of the sprays "residue".

Best of luck getting them established in the wild @ProffesorFlora. Lots of critters fancy young sprouts. One giant salad bowl for them. I can remember checking on a gorilla grow many years ago and finding a porcupine happily munching away on my biggest plant Bird netting was the solution, and practically invisible.
Hey bluenoserjoe.

I know what you mean. I haven't checked on the plants recently but I'm heading out that way today. I will be really surprised to see them still alive lol. I was trying to give the autos a head start by getting them in the ground as early as possible without actually starting them outdoors. There more choice for the wildlife to eat now as there are sprouting plants everywhere. I'm just hoping I can get a few past their hungry mouths. Bird netting is out of the question but perhaps some small plastic cages could help out early on.
I called the snow.:laugh:
Yes you did lol. I think it's getting better again? Oh well, plenty more seeds I suppose.
Maybe spray them with cayenne pepper and water mix....it's safe for the plant and repels animals from chewing on the leaves...gives them a kick in the mouth and spice for the nose....and if/when ready just rinse em of the sprays "residue".
That is an idea that escaped me. Might have to try that. Wouldn't the rain wash it away though? We can get plenty of that.
So it's just flowering you can't do? Veg them all inside until June 21st and then transplant them outside, when they're bigger and less likely to be eaten whole by the local fauna.
That's a great idea but I'm only using my 40cm X 40cm tent for vegging which as you can imagine doesn't leave much space. It hasn't stopped me from putting 10 plants in there though lol....
16494063569088076867971957046739.jpg

Admittedly they have been tidied up and trained but still. Also, it's only the autos which are being put out early. The photos are being grown until they are strong before going out. These would have gone out by now but like Vet said. SNOW!
Hello Doctor Chaos! I'll be quietly following along for this one. :ganjamon:
Lol, Hey, sy.

I hope I can provide some visual chaos for your enjoyment. It certainly feels like chaos at this end lol.

So, little update on the most recent autos and then I'm going for a walk to check on the previous and likely dead autos....
16494067176994616146336957596170.jpg

All 4 popped with no problems and I put the coco plugs into some slightly larger fabric pots. I'm going to veg these for a little longer under the lights before they go out this time around.

While we are here we can take a look at the photos....
16494069069158311588018593818409.jpg

They've been trimmed up many times and have been repotted twice. If I don't get them out soon then they'll need repotting again. This one (Wedding Cake x Guicy Banger) is getting big....
16494069547869162687382095416706.jpg

I've been cleaning up the lower growth so that it stays off the ground when they're eventually put out. So much for keeping them small but it's better for avoiding mould.

Time for a quick trip out to check on the poor autos. Let's see if they are really hardy lol.

Back shortly.
:passitleft:

Before setting off on any adventure though we must first get some perspective. Time for a vape....
IMG_20220408_102230.jpg

Today's choice of herb is Acapulco Gold from Weedseedsexpress....
IMG_20220408_102206.jpg

And I think we'll supercharge that with some bubble hash made from 12 different plants....
IMG_20220408_102117.jpg

Stuff that in the end of the Dynavape and off we go....
IMG_20220408_102337.jpg

Time for an adventure!

Time for an adventure!
Have fun and good luck on your adventure! Fingers crossed for some healthy happy autos, hopefully the local fauna have found something more appetizing to munch on!

Have fun and good luck on your adventure! Fingers crossed for some healthy happy autos, hopefully the local fauna have found something more appetizing to munch on!
Cheers, N.

It was fun but we had a couple more plants hit by the critters. Here was the first one I found....
IMG_20220408_115218.jpg

The second fared a little better but still a mortal wound....
IMG_20220408_115253.jpg

The third however is still going strong....
IMG_20220408_115307.jpg

Not a great start but at least I've learnt something. The younger plants will need some protection and I'm leaning towards the pepper spray method. The next seedlings will be ready to go out soon and I'll use this location again as it's quiet but I need to be a little more prepared. I will spray the photo plants as well as on my walk I saw quite a lot of deer loitering about.

s-l400.jpg

Hey Prof! We used to start plants in these and veg until 30cm tall. Then to take to the grow site, gently wrap each plant in newspaper, or slide into a PVC pipe cut to length. You can fit bundles of these in a backpack to safely and discreetly transport lots of good sized plants to your site.

Looking good, just thought this may help.

Hey nice THC cocktail you put together lol looked like a few tasty hits. But to follow up on the cayenne spray, a drop or two of a safe soap will help the cayenne stay in the garden longer even after rain...if worried about spraying the plant you could soak cotton balls in it and hang off branches :hmmmm:

s-l400.jpg

Hey Prof! We used to start plants in these and veg until 30cm tall. Then to take to the grow site, gently wrap each plant in newspaper, or slide into a PVC pipe cut to length. You can fit bundles of these in a backpack to safely and discreetly transport lots of good sized plants to your site.

Genius! :high-five:

s-l400.jpg

Thanks for the advice. Those look pretty handy though I already have these little biodegradable bags....
16496614364595937487642485649255.jpg

I thought I was ordering 12 larger bags but when they turned I realised that I had made a mistake lol. I'm not going to count them but there must be a few hundred finger sized bags there.
Good call on the pvc piping though. There is loads of that littered throughout the woods so I won't have to purchase any.
Room for one more, Professor?
Glad to see some guerilla grow this year, good luck!!
:thumb:
there's always room for one more. Especially now that we're outdoors lol.
Welcome, Dutchin.

Hey nice THC cocktail you put together lol looked like a few tasty hits. But to follow up on the cayenne spray, a drop or two of a safe soap will help the cayenne stay in the garden longer even after rain...if worried about spraying the plant you could soak cotton balls in it and hang off branches :hmmmm:
I did read about the soap after looking up how to make the spray which clears my concern about it washing away. I'm not too worried about spaying the plants so no need for the danglies.
Would using diluted habanero Tabasco work? I've got several bottles of that in the cupboard for some reason.

The pepper spray is a screaming idea. Maybe spray the fauna all around the area as well. Maybe like a hot spot and keep all critters at bay.:ganjamon:
I used the pepper spray on the second round of auto plants that went into the ground a few days ago. I've just been to check in them and there's definitely been some activity. I think the pepper spray is working but it's a war out there.
Hey good morning yes that should work.
It kind of worked but it jammed up the spray bottle on the first attempt so I had to pour it over the plants. Literally doused them in Tabasco lol.
:ciao: Hi Prof! Well, I didn’t think it possible, but you seem hairier since you’ve gone guerrilla!
Hey, HH!

How did you know I was hairy to begin with?

Hey everyone. So basically Easter happend and the kids were off from school and I lost all sense if time. That's not like me at all!

I went out to check on the fourth and final auto from the first round of plants to find that it had also been eaten. The next round were put out the following day but I forgot to bring my camera lol. It did happen but no pics. So I went back out today to check on these four and they were to my surprise still alive. Though I wouldn't exactly call them happy as you can see that they have been immediately set upon by what appears to be everything....
IMG_20220422_141940.jpg
IMG_20220422_141947.jpg
IMG_20220422_141954.jpg
IMG_20220422_142001.jpg
IMG_20220422_142008.jpg

I'll be giving them another spray with the pepper spray soon though I'll try to make it a bit thinner this time so the bottle doesn't jam. They are still alive and very much in this race though for how long. I had a feeling it would be like this but I'm not deterred quite yet. Next we have the first round of photos to go out which I think will do better as they are not quite as fragile or low to the ground. Until today they had several growth tips but I trimmed them up again so that they all have four main. I had to repot them again as they grow too fast for the small pots to keep up with but they'll be good to go out now. Hopefully I can do it tomorrow and then get some more seeds sunk.
Speaking of seeds, I've ordered a lot from the 4/20 sales and have gone for some plants more suited to the outdoors like Frisian Duck from Dutch Passion which is a plant with odd looking leaves and also five packs of WSE beans but more on those when they arrive.

Hope everyone is cool and had a good 420. I think I did, I was pretty high so I'm gonna say yeah.
Happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:

It kind of worked but it jammed up the spray bottle on the first attempt so I had to pour it over the plants. Literally doused them in Tabasco lol.
Did you dilute it with water lol but that should work to....have you noticed any persistent critters?

Did you dilute it with water lol but that should work to....have you noticed any persistent critters?
Lol, I did dilute it but it's a cheap spray bottle....
IMG_20220419_093322.jpg

It looks like some bugs of some sort, possibly catapillars and also rabbits. There are rabbit droppings everywhere so I'm pretty sure they are one of the main culprits. I needed a leak so I kind of urinated in a circle around the plants lol. It might work to keep them away?

Back
Top Bottom