Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

I respectfully disagree with "they lose their photosensitivity and its no longer possible to reveg"
Agreed. If that was the case wouldn't re-vegging after harvest be impossible?

I think I was misunderstood OldMan. I Agree with Lester's Dis-agreement. Spimp has dubbed me Re-Veg Reg.

Spring Harvest Review and Thoughts

Jars of Phenotypes 2,3,4
IMG_241714.JPG

OK All I decided to write one final post on my thoughts. Some of this may be hard to believe. Let's review from slightly from the beginning of harvest time. We had 4 Blackberry plants.
IMG_210710.JPG

Let's recall. I planted from regular seeds. I originally planted 5 Blackberry seeds. 4/5 turned out to be female by radical luck. I believe that I turned out 4 different phenotypes from those 4 females. I am going to go through each one and what I thought about them.

Phenotype #1 This was the first Blackberry plant that I harvested which yielded ~16 grams dry. This plant tasted the MOST like rasberries and chocolate. Absolutely with out a doubt was one of the most flavorful of the assorted phenotypes. This plant and it's flowers are long gone but the memory still lives on of its existence.
IMG_21458.JPG
IMG_21957.JPG
IMG_21989.JPG

Phenotype #2 OK this is the bud-on-a-stick pheno. This plant had a definite hint of skunk. It's a sour skunk attribute. It has a bit of that fruity berry, but with the sour skunk to it. It is a nice and tasty puff that is potent as well. I like smelling that really strong skunk smell that stinks up the room when opening the jar. That's what this one has.
IMG_22178.JPG
IMG_224610.JPG
IMG_242612.JPG
IMG_241913.JPG

Phenotype #3 This phenotype was more similar to pheno #1, however it had a more chocolately flavor and less rasberry. Though, the combined flavor sticks on your mouth for a long long time. It has a major aftertaste, but not a lot of direct taste upon puffing. This phenotype does not taste the best, but it hits strong and potent. It also has a more powerful therapeutic effect than the better tasting phenotype. I can see a type of trade off here.
IMG_21486.JPG
IMG_242011.JPG
IMG_24258.JPG

Phenotype #4 This phenotype came out pretty much like your typical Jack Herer strain. The phenotype has a much less chocolate rasberry flavor, its basically like an entirely different strain from the rest of the phenos. It has a more sweet and piney taste. You can just smell the trichomes. I call it "smooth". Smooth,piney, and floral smelling. The taste is not the perfect rasberry taste we want, but the therapeutic effect is definitely on par. Potent puffs and good results.
IMG_23147.JPG
IMG_242313.JPG
IMG_242214.JPG
IMG_242413.JPG
IMG_24279.JPG

Alright now I will leave you with a little force flower update where there are currently 2 KC-45 specimens in there. They've only been exposed to the light deprivation for a few days or so, but they are already showing signs of increased pistil growth. I am really excited to prove something in regards to these "autoflowers" which are supposed to be non-photosensitive, are actually responding to light schedule changes. This may just be in accordance with basic plant genetics and expression, it may give us a rather interesting topic of discussion for the future. But for now, I would just like to obtain some more of the very spiritual and enjoyable KC-45 flowers, I do believe they are two separate phenotypes as well.
IMG_24309.JPG
IMG_24318.JPG
IMG_243211.JPG
IMG_243312.JPG
IMG_243412.JPG
IMG_243512.JPG

And tomorrow when the sun comes out I will plan on doing our normal tent update for the afternoon. Have a Great Night People:thumb:

Ok, I never tried it myself, but I'm really curious about the results. It works for folks forcing in August definitely cause dar hours are getting longer, and it just mighr for the plants in July which are in their last stretch. It's true that revegging wouls happen eventually, but only if you up the photoperiod to at least 16/8.In other words, it'll work only indoor!!! The plants that revegges outdoor I saw only did in the spring reacting to longer days. Let's remember that it takes usually 2-4 weeks to make it happen, so if you put a plant in late flowering on a slightly longer photoperiod, we're talking 2-3 hours max, but with light hours actually descending, that shouldn't result in reveg I'm thinkin' :)

But yeah, I do not guarantee the result. I'll be willing to try though :bong:

It's true that revegging wouls happen eventually, but only if you up the photoperiod to at least 16/8.In other words, it'll work only indoor!!! The plants that revegges outdoor I saw only did in the spring reacting to longer days.

Someone should tell this to my SKNL that is currently re-vegging outdoors.

I lost a Blackberry a couple of days ago and dropped another one in the dirt. So I have 2 Blackberries & 7 AK48s going, plus a Darkstar who will Veg until next March or April.

I sure as heck hope mine turn out half as good as yours did!

:peace:

People will do what works for them given their circumstances,micro climate,latitude, and strains...eventually the individual will know the optimal method for maximum high quality output. That is how we as growers adapt, if we had to move, and start growing in a different part of the world then we would have to change our ways and adjust. :)

Some preliminary news...there is a Santa Maria x Blueberry plant in the tent that has incredible vigor, has purple characteristics, and is a STINKER. Males can tend to stink quite a bit more than the females at this stage. So I realized I only had 2 Blueberry plants and I want some more of that pheno so I started germinating a couple more those beans. To add, I also decided to germinate 2 feminized Critical seeds, no idea what the genetics, but they were free so what the hell right? :passitleft: So it turns out the KC-45 in the tent is getting big, it's not showing any signs of slowing down, considering it's only in a ~5 gal pot, every weed plant I grew in that crummy looking pot has always been very vigorous. I am seeing lots of pre-flower signs on her, I'm hoping she starts to flower otherwise I'll have to do some tying down to keep her below the vertical limit. Getting to the update in a bit :surf:

Your Maui Waui has the same yellowing bottom leafs as one of my outdoor plants. You advised me not to worry about it. If you don't I wont.
When in Rome do as the Romans do. When outdoors do as Lester does.

Aloha Lester! Buddy, your summaries of the different plants was well written and very insightful. You are one of 420's best growers, hands down. I always look forward to reading and looking at your beautiful gardens.
:goodjob::high-five::goodjob:

Mahalo for being on 420. :ganjamon:

Oh my Lordy, Lordy, Lordy. What a show. When are you transferring to Broadway?
:love:
LOL :rofl:

simply fabulous plants lester:Namaste:

Thanks Kiefers! :Namaste: :circle-of-love:

Always a great update, I'm always too medicated to do such good work lol

Keep it up bro :thumb:
Thank you kindly! ;)

Yep, looking darned awesome as always, real good. Yeah I recall kc stretching, but you def.vegged yours more, way more. Im a learning Lester, slow but sure. Dont mean to be a stranger on this grow, just putting out fires over here lately, but every time I ghost in, it's worth it.
Aloha Yogi! About the KC-45 stretch, yeah, there are about 10 main tops which all correspond to branches that are over 2 feet long, almost a meter! The KC-45 appealed to me as being some of the most spiritual medicine I've ever indulged in. It really came to it's peak during my winter grow.:surf: Thanks for cruising through High Yogi!

Your Maui Waui has the same yellowing bottom leafs as one of my outdoor plants. You advised me not to worry about it. If you don't I wont.
When in Rome do as the Romans do. When outdoors do as Lester does.

Aloha my friend. Yes, indeed , I thought of your comment while I was writing the post. It happens. You cannot expect each and every specimen to be 100% perfect. I think it's called a weed because it grows out of small "metabolic issues" and adapts, and survives. It truly is a remarkable species of plants. I don't see why people go crazy trying to figure it out like its a nuclear physics problem. The most simple answer is most likely the correct answer. Plants are calculated organisms and like many other calculated organisms that rely on light patterns to survive, they can also have things programmed into their DNA to perform on demand. If by golly the little lady wants to allocate the energy from those leaves into linking cellulose or if it wants to send it into synthesizing a growth hormone at the apical tip. Whatever she wants, but she wants to kill off that leaf and take the energy. It's as simple as a bank statement. If your in the red, it means the photosynthetic ability for those specific leaves costs more energy to stay alive than to accumulate energy. It's simply not logical or economical. The organism is adaptive and evolved, it calculates that is not logical and performs cellular apoptosis which is programmed cell death. These are the type of things about cannabis that fascinate me. Like a fine grooming, it knows what to do.

*Gates Open-Hallelujah!, Hallelujah! * lol

gorgeous buds Lester!:cheer: And those upcoming plants looking spectacular!! Keep up the great work!
:passitleft::rollit::passitleft:

Thanks! There must be some males in the new plants though, but I do enjoy seeing them grow for awhile! :circle-of-love:

Hey Lester plants are looking good. When do you think the plants will start showing sex when they are being grown outdoors. I haven't seen any signs on mine yet have you.
Howdy. The smaller plants which are the MW, SC, and BB X SM have not identified sex yet, I am expecting within the next 3 weeks to determine about 4 plants. Sometimes males can show up late though, I prefer early determination. All of the remaining KC-45 specimens were determined female. Thanks for the kind words! :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom