Rider509 First Grow - Indoor Soil - White Widow Journal - 2017

Dang, sorry to hear that, Ghostdog. They're tough little buggers so they'll be ok. On the bright side (haha) having the light closer is going to make them very happy and you should see an explosion of growth.

I started some 420 Red Leaf a few days ago. The White Widow started fast, with root showing after soaking for a bit over 24 hours. This Red Leaf is taking its own sweet time. 24 hour soak... nothing. Three days in paper towel... nothing. This morning they finally showed signs of being alive so I moved them into sphagnum pucks. I'm thinking this Red Leaf is going to be a very different grow experience.

Did I mention that I'm a complete and total noob? Well, let's add idiot to that list. This WW is an AUTO, not a standard. Evidently drinking and ordering seeds is not a good idea.

Regardless, I'm here to learn and part of learning is making mistakes. I've made enough mistakes to become a certified fricking genius.

OK, back to the grow. I ran across Snidrajsed's awesome articles on topping and training.
The New Autoflower Topping Thread
How do I top my plants?
Thanks, Snidrajsed for some incredibly well documented instruction!

I applied this newfound knowledge to two of my plants. It'll work out or it won't. I'm not too worried cuz this is all part of the learning curve.
IMG_96707.JPG
IMG_96696.JPG

I just realized that this journal is going to immortalize my abject noobness for all time. I may have to change my name and move to another planet.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's a shemagh, like the camel jockeys wear. Beats western style hats hands down in the heat AND the cold. Just gotta watch out for vets with PTSD and a vendetta.

Just a little update. Things are progressing well. About time to transplant and move them to the growhouse. The two on the left have been topped.

5ff867b86c2f5f89a4d9daf2a02e4b0e.jpg

After using a borrowed tent I set up the Gorilla Grow Tent today. The quality of Gorilla blows my mind. Seriously the nicest tent I've ever seen. It must be the Rolls Royce of tents.
Attacked by sharks? Get in the tent.
Nuclear fallout? Get in the tent.
Tornado coming? Get in the tent.
Wife caught you cheating? Get in the tent.

I'm calling it the Tardis because it must have powers far beyond its appearances.

IMG_97123.JPG

OK, question. After the Ocean Farms soil settled after transplanting a couple of days ago I'm down to about 3 or 3 1/2 gallons of soil volume in the 5gal Smart Bags. I'm ready to water but I'm debating whether to just leave things alone or lift the plants out and add more soil before watering.

Thoughts?

Gaaaaaah! Talk about a bull in a China closet! I was gently (not enough evidently) spreading the two leaders of one of my cropped plants and snapped one most of the way off at the node. I secured it mechanically and took the fan leaves off to reduce stress to that leader but it's not looking so happy. LOL. Stuff happens! It survives or it doesn't. :)

e85a7760f2c6478f29ff48d19b92188c.jpg

20 inches is fine but I good way to tell is by sticking your hand at the top of your ladies and if the light is too warm for your hand being under it for a minute it's too warm for the plants. I haven't messed with humidity in my grow yet due to financial block

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Or try this.
a75da78a01e7b456f52501a15698da9f.jpg

There's still a lot of healthy plant there dude! I'tll bounce back...perhaps a bit lopsided. Looking good so far. You're departing the CLF world and entering HID world. Nice tent! Is it available with a white interior instead of silver?

I used the CFLs for seedlings only. I have a light meter coming today. Heat was never a problem on the plants.

AFAIK, the Gorilla tents are only available in silver.

The White Widow got some company today. 420 Gold Leaf in a RDWC system.
And yeah, I know the WW looks thirsty. It is, but if they want water they have to work for it. Send those roots out or die, bitches!

a69bbec209880ab39459a260dfe4f655.jpg

Ok, Regnad, point taken! LOL. I cleaned it up a bit and replumbed the RDWC with a much bigger reservoir. And I added the grow platforms to make cleanup easier. Now it's time to relax a bit and let nature take its course.

5d91a55b24ba9bc1378f67b41830cde5.jpg
7cce1431a8e150d84dded6a3141b490a.jpg

I have a ring of 2gph bubblers around the periphery of the net pots. I figured it would help keep things moist and maybe help the roots to grow out before they start down into the pots. I guess we'll see if it works.

6d4c289b741513ca460893de485dbd2f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom